Hardware Switchs turns off after Nintendo Logo

KJelles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

So recently i had an issue with my switch where it would shut down immediately after the Nintendo logo, i can't boot into Maintenance mode either, same thing, it won't get past the Nintendo logo. RCM mode does seem to work. i can succesfully inject Hekate and it won't shut down.

My computer succesfully detects my Switch, i can hear it "connect" and "disconnect" when booting and holding the power button for 15s.

I'm open for any suggestions but i'm just confused about the way that it does work in RCM mode. could it be RCM mode draws less power and it's a battery issue?

Are there any components on the board which are responsible for booting the OFW?

EDIT: Same behaviour as this:

Thanks for reading and thanks for the help thus far.

Last edited by KJelles,

ds34

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
which Nintendo logo?
the Nintendo Switch logo or the Nintendo brand logo?

regarding your theory that it's caused by battery: you can check the battery charge rate in the bottom right hand side corner. there's also a tab for battery information in Hekate. I can't give you good readings to compare with right now. Anyways. It's rather unlikely to be caused by a bad battery, unless it actually shows the charging icon in the top left corner.

Good luck

Last edited by ds34,

KJelles

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
which Nintendo logo?
the Nintendo Switch logo or the Nintendo brand logo?

regarding your theory that it's caused by battery: you can check the battery charge rate in the bottom right hand side corner. there's also a tab for battery information in Hekate. I can't give you good readings to compare with right now. Anyways. It's rather unlikely to be caused by a bad battery, unless it actually shows the charging icon in the top left corner.

Good luck

The nintendo logo itself, not the switch one. In hekate it shows that the battery charges just fine !

lpoolm

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, any progress on this?
I have the exact same issue with a console I have no history on.
I swapped the m92t36 chip even though this one showed no faults but that didn't work.
I have externally charged the battery fully and used another incase that was the issue but that doesn't work.
I was thinking a fw mismatch as I don't know the history but I'm not really into the software side, more hardware.
I've seen several switches like this listed on ebay so hopefully someone can give us some ideas?

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is this booting into emunand or sysnand? move the Nintendo folder to the pc and see if it can boot. give it few mins as it will try to recreate it

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also in the video, that person looks like they are holding the power button down long after it turns on/ logo shown. Only need to push power for few secs till see logo then release.

Nightywolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Sometimes is the Batery detection IC other times correspond to a small sensor (IC TMP451 made by texas instruments) near of the nvidia tegra chip between backligh conection and for the last instance correspond to a big problem married with the Rams need to test more to see where exactly is the problem.

Last edited by Nightywolf,

nabbyboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll try this one. The only thing is that I already installed a firmware update through NCNandManager. I hope everything will be ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1