Hacking Discussion SX EmuNAND is not real EmuNAND.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
99% people here on gbatemp are talking out there ass and have 0 clue what they are talking about they just trying to look cool by seeming they know everything about everything,
While they really know shit,

You have yet to prove that you know better than anyone else

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theses are the same people .. who said they crack the OS, still didnt .. same people who claim they had Super smash bros. put a fake logo on there switch to show everyone LOL.. who cares ..

Reactions: Deleted User

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else just on here to watch the warzone burn because this sh*t is hilarious. well at least for someone who has no clue clue what either side is saying, doing or really cares because he doesnt need others to acknowledge his intelligence or lack there of nor their approval to use things or not use things cause hes a big boy.

Reactions: HermitDash

kkcheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Total NAND size reported still 32gb because SXOS spoof it and return original size to the telemetry.

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Total NAND size reported still 32gb because SXOS spoof it and return original size to the telemetry.
Was thinking of this but do you have more evidence about it ? And how it actually spoof the OFW in thinking it has a correct size nand ?
Would need to do that prior to actually loading an OFW, then in the OFW you would see in the storage page in options that it's 32Gb, anyone did take screenshot of the OFW supposedly running with spoofed nand size ?

Reactions: stewacide

dariakyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I will only use this to dump my nand without needing other stuff. I don't really care about emunand anyway.

Unless it's proven 100% safe.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
99% people here on gbatemp are talking out there ass and have 0 clue what they are talking about they just trying to look cool by seeming they know everything about everything,
While they really know shit,
The vast majority of conversations regarding things like this don't take place on 'temp, they take place in various Discord channels where people who actually know what they are talking about dig into the software as soon as it arrives. Many different people have independently come to the conclusions being drawn here.

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
Very cool how you know exactly how their emunand works by just reading the release notes,

You obliviously have no clue what you are talking about and just spreading propaganda against tx os
weee wooo weee wooo
mental retardation alert

we know how it works because it makes a fucking partition on your sysnand, making it EASOLY DETECTABLE by the Ninty Ninjas. It would actually be safer if you just used Hekate/ReiNX witht the SwitchBru DNS.

draxen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have demonstrated zero technical knowledge to backup your claims, all you do is spew ad hominem attacks against users making legitimate points based in factual information. Please enlighten us with actual information on how we are wrong, instead of redundant noise.

I will make this easy for you:

Claim 1: SX OS resizes the NAND, creating a 15gb partition to dual boot HOS.
Claim 2: Erpt does report NandTotalSize in error reports.

Now simply point out why you think this is incorrect.

Has it been confirmed yet that the system NAND is being repartitioned?
SX could be using a virtual file system (as a single file) on the system NAND without repartitioning?

If they are repartitioning system NAND then that is obviously very bad but if they are using a virtual file system without modifying the system NAND partition then that's pretty cool.
Has anyone installed SX 2.0, installed emuNAND and then looked at the partition table?

tiliarou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
SX could be using a virtual file system (as a single file) on the system NAND without repartitioning?

If they are repartitioning system NAND then that is obviously very bad but if they are using a virtual file system without modifying the system NAND partition then that's pretty cool.
Has anyone installed SX 2.0, installed emuNAND and then looked at the partition table?
Just read above...
https://gbatemp.net/threads/sx-emunand-is-not-real-emunand.518897/page-2#post-8296507

D

Deleted-442439

Yes people have, including myself. Simply look at the comment above yours, BCT is modified, and no virtual FS stuff is used, it all runs from NAND.

draxen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes people have, including myself. Simply look at the comment above yours, BCT is modified, and no virtual FS stuff is used, it all runs from NAND.

Got it, thanks for the info. Ugh, what a poor solution - I'll be avoiding SX 2.0 Emunand thanks to your investigations.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
By the way, to everyone saying it's not confirmed it makes a new partition:
Make a new instance of dualbooting with SX
then use memloader and hacdiskmount
you'll see the new partition they created
Ok, so now you need to prove why it's dangerous. I don't know why I expect anything more than conjecture from a scene obsessed with memes more than R&D, but c'mon. Capture the telemetry sent, and do more than "B-B-BUT, IT COULD HAPPEN!", because this thread sounds like a bunch of Win10 wingnuts.

D

Deleted User

I won't be bothering with the emunand option since you can just update without blowing fuses anyways so why bother wasting space on the nand or sd card. The nand backup and restore options are nice and the file table repair utility. Saves having extra tools kicking around. It seems like the emunand feature is rather useless in its current form or altogether since setting anything up to make an emunand likely already logged enough to screw you anyways.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I won't be bothering with the emunand option since you can just update without blowing fuses anyways so why bother wasting space on the nand or sd card. The nand backup and restore options are nice and the file table repair utility. Saves having extra tools kicking around. It seems like the emunand feature is rather useless in its current form or altogether since setting anything up to make an emunand likely already logged enough to screw you anyways.
I'm not sure the people wanting emuNAND really understand why they want it. It can't prevent a ban, and ChoNX is a better downgrading solution. Even fuses don't matter if you're using a bootloader that ignores fuses.

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not sure the people wanting emuNAND really understand why they want it. It can't prevent a ban, and ChoNX is a better downgrading solution. Even fuses don't matter if you're using a bootloader that ignores fuses.

Or if you don't care about the online features AT ALL for that matter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong