Status
Not open for further replies.

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just looked over the payload.bin and boot.dat files. Did some initial analysis with binwalk and played with the payload for a bit with IDA Pro. i can tell you right now, this will not be cracked in the near future if at all. The payload contains self modifying code with no strings found in either boot.dat or payload.bin. This tells me boot.dat is definitely encrypted, and payload.bin is obfuscated. I say there's a pretty low chance of anyone with the skills to invest the time it would require to crack this.

WDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah the sweet sweet drama! At that point, it useless to criticize anyone on anything , at the speed that everything will go from now on. What a chain cascade of events. Incredible as always. It is a very dark day for Nintendo developer. Maybe will see Mariko sooner that we expect.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just looked over the payload.bin and boot.dat files. Did some initial analysis with binwalk and played with the payload for a bit with IDA Pro. i can tell you right now, this will not be cracked in the near future if at all. The payload contains self modifying code with no strings found in either boot.dat or payload.bin. This tells me boot.dat is definitely encrypted, and payload.bin is obfuscated. I say there's a pretty low chance of anyone with the skills to invest the time it would require to crack this.
Tbh, that's great to hear. I atleast want some support for this thing. We all paid for it. I want it to atleast live long enough so I can play with it.

Reactions: mmajunkie77

F1NATIK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Naehrwert will never release this. Hes only cracking it to rub it in your peasant faces for messing with his code. Really you are the dumb ones if you think hes cracking it to release it.

Reactions: Deleted User

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah the sweet sweet drama! At that point, it useless to criticize anyone on anything , at the speed that everything will go from now on. What a chain cascade of events. Incredible as always. It is a very dark day for Nintendo developer. Maybe will see Mariko sooner that we expect.
No matter how the scene went, drama is expected. Both sides end up getting mad in some way. It's just conflicts in views. Cant avoid it.

F1NATIK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i was following it on reddit yesterday step by step :D

hope that means good news for retail consoles.
im not an expert really
Nothing will come of this either. EDEV units are the same as retail units except have double memory. They need a SDEV unit...

Reactions: Xandroz

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You realize we already decrypted it right?

edit:quoted wrong person

Last edited by Monado_III,

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh, that's great to hear. I atleast want some support for this thing. We all paid for it. I want it to atleast live long enough so I can play with it.

What site did you buy the key from? I bought mine from axiogame.com about a week ago and the status is still ""processing". I'm considering trying to cancel my order.

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
STFU you LAMER
Lamer? Seriously? Come on. @the_randomizer had a good point. Naehrwert (or however you spell his name) is a hypocrite for taking down hekate and then immediately cracking SX OS. This is just a game of one-upping each other now, innit?

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lamer? Seriously? Come on. @the_randomizer had a good point. Naehrwert (or however you spell his name) is a hypocrite for taking down hekate and then immediately cracking SX OS. This is just a game of one-upping each other now, innit?
He didn't want his program being used for piracy, but hacking a paid program to use it for free, what are we not getting here?

Reactions: Darth Meteos

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whatever, everything foxboy says irks me. naweskhert didn't make TX though all he is doing is REing it for whatever. He did the same thing with that thing crediar made for WiiU it isn't new behavior.

Basically TXSXOS is already out, he is just REing it.

Look at it like this, he won't write pirate code but will RE it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one