Status
Not open for further replies.

0x64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The writeup hasn't even been released yet.
Nobody cares about the write up. They've got people's attention because we think they are working on cracking it. Now that doesn't seem to be happening...

lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Waiting for that SX OS crack

images.jpeg

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Cut the sales? if anyone wants it they bought it by now. The one that wants sx os to be cracked were the one that want it to be free for piracy. If they only want homebrew there are other options out there.
They are prentending that they want homebrew but they want a crack SX OS so that they will get what they wanted. Backup loader.
You are wrong, you are assuming every person is the same, which is not, the groups of people i mentioned are correct and exist, that their thinking is wrong or not i would not say.

numbawun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
You are wrong, you are assuming every person is the same, which is not, the groups of people i mentioned are correct and exist, that their thinking is wrong or not i would not say.
now sx os v1.3 has been release and remove the brick code as they said. then there is no way that sx os crack needed. i repeat sx os was free for homebrew use. the one that needs the license was the backup loader then why they want a crack sx os when it free for homebrew.. if they always says that they want homebrew only.

masterspike52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now sx os v1.3 has been release and remove the brick code as they said. then there is no way that sx os crack needed. i repeat sx os was free for homebrew use. the one that needs the license was the backup loader then why they want a crack sx os when it free for homebrew.. if they always says that they want homebrew only.
they want people to have its full functionality for free, on top of this instead of bricking it puts the emmc into a loop instead of locking it so theres still a "brick code"

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Dabiolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
they want people to have its full functionality for free, on top of this instead of bricking it puts the emmc into a loop instead of locking it so theres still a "brick code" https://twitter.com/hexkyz/status/1014576373761863680

No. It does nothing to the emmc. The code is stuck in a loop. Try to crack sx and it will freeze sx and prevent it from booting. Just reboot and everything is back to normal.

There are indeed people who want to read the writeup just for learning purposes (I don't even own a switch yet, maybe I get lucky buying a cheap "bricked" autoRCM unit... ).

Just compare it to lockpicking as hobby. Not every single lockpicker is a criminal...

Since everybody is waiting you could also try some crackme puzzles and see for yourself if you like it.

Red1Reaper

Asperger Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You are wrong, devs want to crack it because they like the challenge, some users want it craked to cut future benefits from Xecuter(If this really is what would happen does not matter, some ppl think that way), and some other users, as you said, want it craked for free piracy.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You are wrong, devs want to crack it because they like the challenge, some users want it craked to cut future benefits from Xecuter(If this really is what would happen does not matter, some ppl think that way), and some other users, as you said, want it craked for free piracy.
That second point is why I think cracking SX OS might be a bad idea. If their CFW gets cracked and they lose a lot of sales due to that they might not be inclined to continue providing updates. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, etc.

Reactions: jimmyj

Dabiolos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That second point is why I think cracking SX OS might be a bad idea. If their CFW gets cracked and they lose a lot of sales due to that they might not be inclined to continue providing updates. Don't bite the hand that feeds you, etc.

Maybe the open source community will provide updates then...

Lol The irony is getting to damn high *insertmemeifyoulike*

Atmosphere using stolen sx code in the future...

And...

(Sorry for modifying your quote...)

"I think cracking the switch (for piracy) would probably be a bad idea. If they (Nintendo) lose a lot of money they might not be inclined to release new games (third party titles). Don't bite... (I stop here. I think you get the irony...)

Y0sh1

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
we don't need the whole SX OS to be hacktivated, we just need their loader to put it on our homebrew launcher

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Maybe the open source community will provide updates then...

Lol The irony is getting to damn high *insertmemeifyoulike*

Atmosphere using stolen sx code in the future...

And...

(Sorry for modifying your quote...)

"I think cracking the switch (for piracy) would probably be a bad idea. If they (Nintendo) lose a lot of money they might not be inclined to release new games (third party titles). Don't bite... (I stop here. I think you get the irony...)
The thing with pirating SX OS is, most of the people that are interested in SX OS are pirates. Most of the people that have a Switch are not.

Reactions: Dabiolos

Chipidy

Trophies
Website
www.chipidychipgaming.com
XP
Country
Canada
i wonder how many people are aware that the "haters" of TX that come up now and again only hate them because they broke the 1 general rule that 99% of devs follow and its "Homebrew and its utilities should be free" this isnt the ps4 scene where they wait 30 years to drop an exploit for a firmware that got changed 29 ago. Its quite ridiculous that those of you who keep looking at this thread and saying "it wont get released" arent keeping up with anything important from these people such as twitter, reddit, etc.. from what ive seen on hexkys's twitter he's working on the crack and will release it as soon as he can, he has no beef with anyone who wants to pirate, just he himself doesnt do it.
Excuse me. But SX OS provideds homebrew support for free .Get your facts straight before rambling . The only thing you need to pay for from Xecuter is either the hardware ( SX Pro ) IF you want OR the license to allow you to play "backup games". They NEVER made you pay for homebrew

Reactions: Kioku and NeoSlyde
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.