lukhart

GBAtemp Stand User
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got 2 times that my switch completely froze after i upgraded to SX OS 1.3

1 time playing skyrim, 1 time playing wolfenstein 2,
Everything working fine for me. No crashes since upgrading on the games I'm playing.

D

Deleted User

So... I just go my Pro today and it's not working. I'm in RCM and nothing happens. I checked that I was actually in RCM by booting Hekate via TegraSmash, and then I even used the reboot to RCM option, but the dongle is not recognized at all. The Switch just sits there with a black screen.

What should I do? What can I try?
You need to put the boot.dat on your switch SD card for it to work

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So... I just go my Pro today and it's not working. I'm in RCM and nothing happens. I checked that I was actually in RCM by booting Hekate via TegraSmash, and then I even used the reboot to RCM option, but the dongle is not recognized at all. The Switch just sits there with a black screen.

What should I do? What can I try?
Have you made sure the capacitor of your dongle are fully charged? Plug in the dongle and boot the switch normally, waiting a few second until the led on the dongle turns green indicating that the capacitors are charged. Turn off, launch RCM mode and try to inject the payload again see if that works. Alternatively you can also charge the caps by using the provided micro usd cable the is supplied with the Pro kit

Last edited by Wiiunator,

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to put the boot.dat on your switch SD card for it to work

Well, of course. The boot.dat file is there. That's not the issue, since I don't get the error screen asking for the file to be in the SD card. I get nothing, as if the dongle wasn't even connected.

Have you made sure the capacitor of your dongle are fully charged? Plug in the dongle and boot the switch normally, waiting a few second until the led on the dongle turns green indicating that the capacitors are charged. Turn off, launch RCM mode and try to inject the payload again see if that works. Alternatively you can also charge the caps by using the provided micro usd cable the is supplied with the Pro kit

Yep, already tried that. I've even tried having the dongle connected to a power source while it's plugged into the Switch. Nothing works.

I contacted Shop01Media to return the unit and get a refund. What a bummer.

Reactions: comput3rus3r

gamer4lif3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i use the pro license code on a friend's switch or will this lock the dongle to his switch making it useless to me? I already have sx os license installed.

Deleted member 129634

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i use the pro license code on a friend's switch or will this lock the dongle to his switch making it useless to me? I already have sx os license installed.
Can't confirm this as I don't own a pro but supposedly the pro license won't activate on your console as you already have one, you might want to try to boot sx os once on your friend's switch and see if that generates a license.dat file on his sd card, it'd be a better idea to just send xecuter an email

Last edited by Deleted member 129634,

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
we need external hdd support
Well need, need ... it's more of a nice to have option really.
In my book not something I want that much because of the portable options of the Switch.
But it wil come just be patient.

Will dive into my Yoku Island Express issue tomorrow and get back to you guys on that.
Besides that only LA Noire is they only no go for me on 1.3

Reactions: scroeffie

timorousme

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I've asked him about this already but it seems he didn't clarify it in the previous reply. You should try opening the album menu after booting into SX.

@timorousme when you boot into SX, everything will look like the official firmware, as if nothing has happened. You have to click the album menu to open the backup launcher.

Ha! I must have been pretty dense to have not realized that SX OS has been booting this whole time. Everything's good, thanks for your help @lukhart @mbze430

Reactions: lukhart

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm my Yoku Island Express dump comes out as; Yoku's Island Express v0 (010002D00632E000).xci using gcdumptool but fails with software error notfication on boot.
Anybody else tried doing this with their own EUR version of Yoku's Island Express (not the scene release available) and had issues?

Lcfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
My SX OS Pro (1.3) works as intended. I'm using AutoRCM for the convenience of it. For two straight days now, when I power down my console at night, the next morning the battery is completely drained. Am I doing something wrong here? Maybe the AutoRCM drains the battery even when its powered off? Maybe it prevents the console to completely shut down?

I should note, that I'm powering down the console from the power button and not putting it on sleep. Last night when I powered it down, the battery was at 40%, and this morning was fully drained.

So, unless my cat, or a gaming ghost plays my Switch all night, I assume there is a problem here.

Last edited by Lcfr,

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, unless my cat, or a gaming ghost plays my Switch all night, I assume there is a problem here.
I suspect your cat ... for obvious reasons.

But ... you leave it undocked for those hours I assume right?
Have not tried it, will do so tonight and report back.

EDIT; uh wait you power down as in shut it down.
that should normally preserver battery actually.
Still gonna try it.

Last edited by PatrickD85,

Lcfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I suspect your cat ... for obvious reasons.

But ... you leave it undocked for those hours I assume right?
Have not tried it, will do so tonight and report back.

EDIT; uh wait you power down as in shut it down.
that should normally preserver battery actually.
Still gonna try it.

Yeah, my switch has never been docked, I only play it handheld. And as far as the power down, yes. The hold power button for 3 seconds> power options > power off thing.

If it's my cat, I won't be mad at her. She's nice and I can live with it. The power drain is a bit of a concern tho...

Lcfr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Hahah cats need some gaming in their life to you know ;)
But I will test this tonight and get back to you to see if I can replicate it.

Thanks, I appreciate it if you can test it yourself.
I have to ask tho. You don't shut down your switch when your done for the day? I mean, I'm not doing something unique here, right? Maybe it's the normal thing to do, is to just put it on sleep mode?

Reactions: PatrickD85

newbytime7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody else not able to get into the album on sxos 1.3? holding l + album gets me homebrew. holding r + album also gets me homebrew. on latest firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2