NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was told in another thread that getting banned apparently only prevent you from accessing eshop and playing online. You can apparently still update your games. So if you never plan on going online to begin with, it doesn't matter since you will be able to update all your pirated games anyway.
Great !!!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but you wont be able to get dlc and buy eshop exclusives, but its no biggie in the end
We will find out a way to fuse dlc with base game I’m sure

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but you wont be able to get dlc and buy eshop exclusives, but its no biggie in the end

Yeah, but eventually, if you're able to manually install updates, you're also obviously gonna be able to manually install DLC as well.

On the Wii U, something like WUP-installer allowed you to install games, updates and DLC. You could use anything that installed CIAs on 3DS to install updates and DLCs too because they came in cia format too. I assume the Switch will get something very similar.

Last edited by Giga_Gaia,
Reactions: MushGuy

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but eventually, if you're able to manually install updates, you're also obviously gonna be able to manually install DLC as well.

On the Wii U, something like WUP-installer allowed you to install games, updates and DLC. You could use anything that installed CIAs on 3DS to install updates and DLCs too because they came in cia format too. I assume the Switch will get something very similar.
yes but on the wii u and 3ds era nintendos cdn allowed anything to download directly from their servers, and now the security is far better afaik, eventually we will have that particular installer, but as of now is not possible, maybe mememenu :P lol I still think is just a joke

Reactions: NeoSlyde

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes but on the wii u and 3ds era nintendos cdn allowed anything to download directly from their servers, and now the security is far better afaik, eventually we will have that particular installer, but as of now is not possible, maybe mememenu :P lol I still think is just a joke

Well, at the moment it's also impossible to play backups as well until SX Pro is in the hand of some people. I assume once both SX and Atmosphere have been released, we're gonna see a massive amount of homebrew released and the scene will really pick up from there.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, at the moment it's also impossible to play backups as well until SX Pro is in the hand of some people. I assume once both SX and Atmosphere have been released, we're gonna see a massive amount of homebrew released and the scene will really pick up from there.
It’s amazing that the gold era of switch is starting sooo soon
Wow

mmajunkie77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

On the Wii U, something like WUP-installer allowed you to install games, updates and DLC.
Programs like these, I believe, will eventually happen..later down the road.

But a Wii U USB Helper-esque type program for Switch would be ideal. I was blown away by it when it was released, and I still use it to this day. One can dream!

jramirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well TX said they are still not banned

Because right now it's only a few pirated Switch online. Once the flood gates open Nintendo will be pressured to act. This is how banwaves are usually done: companies gather logs, analyze them to make sure legit players are not going to be affected and then drop the ban hammer on the masses.

We know for a fact each cart is unique, Nintendo may add a simple cert check when playing online. Probably not up and running right now but I bet it will be when paid online starts.

Too early to tell but if I have to guess TX OS and even Atmosphere with or without emunand are detectable online and 99% chance of an eventual ban.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Because right now it's only a few pirated Switch online. Once the flood gates open Nintendo will be pressured to act. This is how banwaves are usually done: companies gather logs, analyze them to make sure legit players are not going to be affected and then drop the ban hammer on the masses.

We know for a fact each cart is unique, Nintendo may add a simple cert check when playing online. Probably not up and running right now but I bet it will be when paid online starts.

Too early to tell but if I have to guess TX OS and even Atmosphere with or without emunand are detectable online and 99% chance of an eventual ban.
I wonder if at a point of time we would be able to unban our console

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you booting the game on cfw it installs the icon and something other off the cart onto the homescreen it does it with all cart games and will with this so when you boot to ofw it will still show on the screen just can not boot the game so you can then get online update the game and then switch back to cfw. Like my zelda breath of the wild DLC i installed is on home screen it asked to update the game file/dlc that is on it so when i get my sx pro in the mail my zelda game will be updated before i even try to boot it.

Reactions: Rel and NeoSlyde

jramirex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who knows, it could be possible in the future but it will probably require us to dump things off a unbanned Switch. It's going to be interesting to see how things unfold after the SX OS.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you booting the game on cfw it installs the icon and something other off the cart onto the homescreen it does it with all cart games and will with this so when you boot to ofw it will still show on the screen just can not boot the game so you can then get online update the game and then switch back to cfw. Like my zelda breath of the wild DLC i installed is on home screen it asked to update the game file/dlc that is on it so when i get my sx pro in the mail my zelda game will be updated before i even try to boot it.
OMG
You are actually right !
Nice find !

Reactions: leerpsp

scottgl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a completely pointless thread. SX OS isn't even available yet. Unless you are actually banned yourself and when using SX OS in the future go right ahead

Reactions: TotalJustice

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG
You are actually right !
Nice find !
Everyone knows that... Even 3DS is like that, you couldn't go online with .3ds dumped games for a reason, you needed the missing info to activate the game dump and you would probably be banned as everyone would be using the same info...

Only .Cia were safe as they are different than game dumps from flashcarts to .3DS so they can go online and stealthier.

This time that will be hard to achieve, because we can't just request a game from nintendo server like we used to on the 3DS.

ps: But anyway I don't plan to ever play online so they can ban me up whenever they want. At least I can play online 4 free on my PC and even get way better game deals. I just pre-ordered Isurgency Sandstorm for like 24€ with 20% discount on steam, I bet it will be either 60 or 70€ when it comes out to X1 and PS4 next year...

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0*GQGoFABRchRjiySa.png

Hi !
So after 3 years on GBATemp, i've decided to make my first useful thread :D
So here people can share if they where banned while using SX OS.​

To describe the event please provide:
- When you got banned ?
- What you did ?
- Where you connected to internet ?
- A picture of the error shown
- More details (optional)

Thanks for contributing to the thread ! :D
no one is going to use this online baby,you better stop dreaming abouit it.

NeoSlyde

Let us start the game
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
France
no one is going to use this online baby,you better stop dreaming abouit it.
I think you just didn’t got it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is a completely pointless thread. SX OS isn't even available yet. Unless you are actually banned yourself and when using SX OS in the future go right ahead
Lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, That's when Victor invented the Rusty Trombone!