Hacking SX Pro Dongle Defective After 4 Uses?

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello:

I got my dongle today, and it worked great the first 3 times I booted up. I added some more backups on my card and went to boot up again, but I got nothing, and no green light. I figured it just needed to charge, so I used the USB cable they sent to charge it, and I'm getting a flashing red light but it won't turn green. I know it's supposed to charge after 5 seconds or so, but I got nothing even after letting it charge longer.

Anyone run into this? Could it be defective, or should I let it charge longer?

Thank you

I think The dongle charges from the switch not the micro usb
I think micro usb is for programming

Leave it in the switch for a little it should go green
And there capacitors inside the dongle not battery
capacitors only take like seconds to charge, if you left in for too long
you may of cooked them

If your switch has power that is

Step 1
If you dont have auto rcm then boot to normal OS
plug in dongle let it charge green light say give it 30 secs
then restart and use as normal to get into sx os

Step 2

If you do have autorcm

Plug the micro usb cable into the dongle and the pc
Open the program TegraRCMsmashGui Load the Payload.bin..
Now to make sure. Hold down the switch power button in one press for 20 secs..
Then release and hit the power button once then plug in dongle still attached to cable and pc.
Now this should send the payload through from tegra and get you booted.
Maybe then you will charge the dongle...

Goodluck and post back let me know

I attach the files you need

Attachments

• TegraRcmGUI_v2.2_installer (2).rar
    8.8 MB · Views: 59
  • payload.rar
    9.7 KB · Views: 61
Last edited by Canna,
Reactions: mranonymous

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Estimating about 40 times less or more
every time i use it i wait till the switch boots up completely and wait for it to charge for like a minute before I take it out. Like I said, haven't had any problems.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you may of cooked them, a faint hissing sound is noticeable if you did

If you do have autorcm

Open the program TegraRCMsmash Load the sx os bin..
Then release and hit the power button once then plug in dongle still attached to cable.

the sound coming from the dongle is normal and should be there. If you don't have that sound you should worry.

Chizko

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
1. let the dongle to "discharge" for few hours
2. open it and see the capacitors if it fault of soldering (or try to change for a new one)
3. charge again for 15 seconds.

I had this problem this weekend, the dongle work for few weeks (5) but this weekend the red and white light appeared and the dongle didn't work, so i open it and connect the capacitors correctly and it work again.

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. let the dongle to "discharge" for few hours
2. open it and see the capacitors if it fault of soldering (or try to change for a new one)
3. charge again for 15 seconds.

I had this problem this weekend, the dongle work for few weeks (5) but this weekend the red and white light appeared and the dongle didn't work, so i open it and connect the capacitors correctly and it work again.
How you take it apart

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have auto RCM on. Thats the problem there because it drains the battery on the Switch. I had the same issue with it like others. my system wouldn't turn on so after i had the dongle boot the sx menu I turned it off and am using the jig and dongle to boot the sx cfw. If the dongle's light turns green when you plug it in or with the micro usb into the wall? if it does then, it's the auto rcm. when/if you plug in the dongle hold the + and bring up the sx menu and turn off the auto rcm. also on that screen take out the dongle and plug in the charger because the battery may need charging. Iv'e had my dongle for a week *but i sent it back bc it cracked* but never had any issues with it and using the payload

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have auto RCM on. Thats the problem there because it drains the battery on the Switch. I had the same issue with it like others. my system wouldn't turn on so after i had the dongle boot the sx menu I turned it off and am using the jig and dongle to boot the sx cfw. If the dongle's light turns green when you plug it in or with the micro usb into the wall? if it does then, it's the auto rcm. when/if you plug in the dongle hold the + and bring up the sx menu and turn off the auto rcm. also on that screen take out the dongle and plug in the charger because the battery may need charging. Iv'e had my dongle for a week *but i sent it back bc it cracked* but never had any issues with it and using the payload

Bad idea plus the dongle does not have a battery

Follow my second step if you do or do not have auto rcm dont open the dongle and you dont charge it via micro usb....

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bad idea plus the dongle does not have a battery

Follow my second step if you do or do not have auto rcm dont open the dongle and you dont charge it via micro usb....
true, I cracked my donlge because i plugged in the mirco usb so I advice to not do it. yep your steps are good and it took me all night until 5am to get my Switch working again that night.

Last edited by qaz015393,

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you may of cooked them

Step 1

Step 2

If you do have autorcm

Open the program TegraRCMsmashGui Load the Payload.bin..
Then release and hit the power button once then plug in dongle still attached to cable and pc.

I attach the files you need

Thanks for the info!

I got everything up and running with my PC and TegraRCM, and decided to ditch the dongle. However, your post inspired me to at least consider giving charging it through the Switch another go. I had no idea that it wasn't supposed to be charged through the micro USB. Dumb mistake on my part. It was charging for 2 15 minute sessions via the micro USB into my PC, so I'd bet I fried it. It still blinks red though, so I suppose there's still some kind of life in it.

I'm a little weary to try charging the dongle through my Switch though now that I have everything running. If the capacitors are faulty, could plugging it into my Switch do any harm to the Switch?

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is getting the dongle to work I can get it to boot up from the of with all the methods but it's the dongle it self. It looks like it's mess up from the inside. It will only flash red and don't do anything else

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is getting the dongle to work I can get it to boot up from the of with all the methods but it's the dongle it self. It looks like it's mess up from the inside. It will only flash red and don't do anything else

That is exactly what mine was doing. It worked the first 3 times but then it just kept flashing red. I was charging it through the USB though which I just learned I wasn't supposed to do, so I'm sure that is my issue. Did you charge it through the Switch?

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is exactly what mine was doing. It worked the first 3 times but then it just kept flashing red. I was charging it through the USB though which I just learned I wasn't supposed to do, so I'm sure that is my issue. Did you charge it through the Switch?
I did both

Canna

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info!

I got everything up and running with my PC and TegraRCM, and decided to ditch the dongle. However, your post inspired me to at least consider giving charging it through the Switch another go. I had no idea that it wasn't supposed to be charged through the micro USB. Dumb mistake on my part. It was charging for 2 15 minute sessions via the micro USB into my PC, so I'd bet I fried it. It still blinks red though, so I suppose there's still some kind of life in it.

I'm a little weary to try charging the dongle through my Switch though now that I have everything running. If the capacitors are faulty, could plugging it into my Switch do any harm to the Switch?

Now your back in your switch plug the little shit into the switch and see if u get green light

You wont harm it usb to pc cable as it doesnt charge that way and only displays red as communication and programming to pc

Now your back in your switch plug the little shit into the switch and see if u get green light
30 secs should be fine

I made my own dongle From a gemma mo board a cr2032 cell battery holder
and works just like the SX pro dongle except its fcking better :P

Last edited by Canna,

Mikep90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You wont harm it usb to pc cable as it doesnt charge that way and only displays red as communication and programming to pc

30 secs should be fine

Mine shows that red blinking light as well when plug into the switch

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

30 secs should be fine

Okay so I plugged it into the Switch, and did actually get a blinking green light. Problem was, it seemed kinda....weak I guess? And sporadic. After around 5 -7 seconds, the light just went off. Is the light supposed to turn solid green?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/5zE3H65IDtM?si=cIVsTaWar9HofeR7