Homebrew WIP Sys-AudioPlayer - BackGround Audio Player For the Nintendo Switch

Copai1

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
it works along with everything. ^^
Yeah, I tried it and it works haha, but I can't get it to work only in the Home menu despite following all the instructions that where in the config part uwu

Anyways, I wanted to ask: is there a way to skip songs? Or to move to the next one? Thanks.

KuranKu

I am KranK
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Yeah, I tried it and it works haha, but I can't get it to work only in the Home menu despite following all the instructions that where in the config part uwu

Anyways, I wanted to ask: is there a way to skip songs? Or to move to the next one? Thanks.
remove titles.flag.on and all songs inside /music will play . no there is no skip songs feature as i need to write it from scratch ^^

Reactions: Copai1

SethPDA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
KuranKu, you misunderstood me last time, or I did not express myself correctly. I simply would want the version 1.0.1 with the added feature to skip songs back and forth. That's all. I don't need music by title id or anything.

KuranKu

I am KranK
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
KuranKu, you misunderstood me last time, or I did not express myself correctly. I simply would want the version 1.0.1 with the added feature to skip songs back and forth. That's all. I don't need music by title id or anything.
not that simple i need to code this and doing that shit using mpg stream isnt simple , i will do my best to implament this , for now you use 1.1.0 its has cool features

Copai1

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
remove titles.flag.on and all songs inside /music will play . no there is no skip songs feature as i need to write it from scratch ^^
Thanks for the help but what I meant was that I want to play songs ONLY in the home menu but I can't get it to work that way despite following the instructions you wrote in the readme's, don't you have some sort of guide for this? Thanks.

neolancer07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been having their Switches crash with 1.1.0 after about 3:30 (3 hours & 30 mintues) of music playback while playing a game? I am on Switch firmware 8.1, Atmosphere 0.9.2, with the game, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (v1.0.1), installed in the SD card. The flags of Sys-AudioPlayer are set to the defaults (play on boot and play by title id disabled). Other modules/plugins I am using are sys-clk and ReverseNX, both on latest versions. All MP3s are 128kbps in bitrate, each with about 10-15 minutes in length. It seems like a total coincidence but the crash always happens after playing the 20th track (each time with a different file).
I reverted back to 1.0.1 and didn't have this problem after two tests on this version. One test was about 10 hours of continuous playback. However, during that test music suddenly stopped playing and attempting to quit the game caused the Switch to freeze.
The game I have been playing is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. I can't confirm that this problem happens with any other game.
I have attached 2 crash logs.

Attachments

• crash_reports.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 90
Last edited by neolancer07,

Copai1

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Has anyone been having their Switches crash with 1.1.0 after about 3:30 (3 hours & 30 mintues) of music playback while playing a game? I am on Switch firmware 8.1, Atmosphere 0.9.2, with the game, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (v1.0.1), installed in the SD card. The flags of Sys-AudioPlayer are set to the defaults (play on boot and play by title id disabled). Other modules/plugins I am using are sys-clk and ReverseNX, both on latest versions. All MP3s are 128kbps in bitrate, each with about 10-15 minutes in length. It seems like a total coincidence but the crash always happens after playing the 20th track (each time with a different file).
I reverted back to 1.0.1 and didn't have this problem after two tests on this version. One test was about 10 hours of continuous playback. However, during that test music suddenly stopped playing and attempting to quit the game caused the Switch to freeze.
The game I have been playing is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. I can't confirm that this problem happens with any other game.
I experienced the same issue, the problem was that the specific song that was causing the crashes was corrupted. You should check your files too.

Reactions: neolancer07

neolancer07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...well the music files that were last playing before the crash occurs play fine with other devices and programs. I'll try other MP3 conversion settings in the meantime.

KuranKu

I am KranK
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
i gues maybe cause you run all 3 modules togehter + strong title and this caused some memory leats or something ^^

neolancer07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will do another test tonight without sys-clk and ReverseNX. I hope it's not the combination of the three modules that causes the crash.

UPDATE: Another crash occurred after about 4 hours of playback. I removed sys-clk and ReverseNX, used Freebird to increase the clocks (to match docked mode), playing the same game. I had different set of MP3s playing, converted with VBR encoding and all id3 tags removed. There are also two crash logs involving the audio process.

UPDATE 2: In this test I ran Reinx on a sd card formatted to FAT32 as many recommended in other threads because exFAT is prone to file corruption. Also, I installed the game on the internal memory. I stilled used Freebird to increase the clocks as docked mode. The music stopped playing after the same track as in the previous test (about 4 hours of playback). When I attempted to close the game, the Switch froze on the Closing Software screen.

Attachments

• crash_reports_080319.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited by neolancer07,

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone make a video tutorial on how to do this? Not understanding some instructions (like making a blank file) how and where?

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in the description it says by default the songs repeats 100 times. i only have 1 .mp3 and once the song its over it does not repeat. then i go to kosmos toolbox and i get (No application could be found on the sdcard. Make sure a folder named /swich exists in the root of the SD card and it contains applications)

KuranKu

I am KranK
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
in the description it says by default the songs repeats 100 times. i only have 1 .mp3 and once the song its over it does not repeat. then i go to kosmos toolbox and i get (No application could be found on the sdcard. Make sure a folder named /swich exists in the root of the SD card and it contains applications)
yes desc is old sorry bout that , ill fix it ^^ , anyway the base of the module changed couple of times for experiments , for now it plays songs and finish after last song , untill you retoogle the module ^^

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can someone make a video tutorial on how to do this? Not understanding some instructions (like making a blank file) how and where?
instruction is preaty simple , follow it again youll understand ..

newkey_sky

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
miguelangelg.herokuapp.com
XP
Country
Chile
Hello, When I saw your project and the capability to play an mp3 in the background I started to think... It's possible to capture the sound from any game on the switch and send those data through Wifi and with a simple Audio Capture on Phone play it to my Bluetooth earphones? that hack is to avoid the ugly Bluetooth adapter, yes maybe will be latency but if it does good maybe undetectable. Exist away using the app SoundWire PC-Phone just setting the server IP and the Client IP

KuranKu

I am KranK
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hello, When I saw your project and the capability to play an mp3 in the background I started to think... It's possible to capture the sound from any game on the switch and send those data through Wifi and with a simple Audio Capture on Phone play it to my Bluetooth earphones? that hack is to avoid the ugly Bluetooth adapter, yes maybe will be latency but if it does good maybe undetectable. Exist away using the app SoundWire PC-Phone just setting the server IP and the Client IP
you meant stream audio from server using a network and play it on the client side ?

Halo69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a reason why some mp3 just dont want to copy into the music folder at all? copy and paste nothing happens, drag and drop nothing happens. then i deleted all mp3's i had in the folder and just tried to copy and paste those specific mp3's and nothing, music folder just stays blank

KuranKu

I am KranK
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
is there a reason why some mp3 just dont want to copy into the music folder at all? copy and paste nothing happens, drag and drop nothing happens. then i deleted all mp3's i had in the folder and just tried to copy and paste those specific mp3's and nothing, music folder just stays blank
looks like your sd card issue try running chkdisk to see if theres any curruption on the partition.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: I was gonna say that. lol +1