Hardware Homebrew sys-ftpd-light black screen after nintendo logo

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No so far, some people says what don't do it, but may be old lady stories, because some years ago the file based EmuMMC was slowest and prone to corruption but since several versions of Atmosphère all the bugs are corrected and now there is no difference between Raw Partition and File based.

as today is more a manner of taste.
it sounds like a better option, for now i mean less trouble on swapping sd xD or am wrong :D?

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
it sounds like a better option, for now i mean less trouble on swapping sd xD or am wrong :D?
yes the one feature what catch me back then was the possibility of migrate from a 256 GB card to a 400 GB one just copying files, no need to create raw partitions or have to use commands or programs to migrate the partition from a SD to another.

Normally you backup the actual raw partition to a file (DD) or a set of files, then use that backup to create or restore the hidden partition on the new card.

You can use hekate to backup and then restore. Or use linux's DD command to backup and restore. Another method is use EmuTool on windows to backup a RAW partition to a set of files (Atmosphère or SXOS format) and then use the same tool to convert that set of files to a new raw partition on a new SD card.

What I did back then was, use EmuTool for converting my raw partition to a set of Atmosphère files and using Hekate to change my emummc.ini file and start using my EmuMMC file based.

Last edited by impeeza,

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So i test a theory about a file-based emu and yes everything is working perfectly on file-based emu : o even on lexar play and this card overheats and cuts writing speed in half, strange looks like somehow it is kinda hekate issue/partition-based emu or formatting of sd card in hekate because this time i don't partition sd in Hekate just leave it formated as it was on pc because of a file-based emu.

Last edited by Lamcza,

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I bought a 512G SanDisk. Will be here next week for testing.
i do that too :D i will receive mine tomorrow but it looks like it is some of hekate problem to me now. Will test it again this time reformating sd in hekate and again put on it file based emu this way we will know if it is a formating issue or partition emu issue :P

Edit: Oke so it is not the formatting of sd in hekate but partition emu problem in my case.

Edit2: no change on sandisk ultra 512gb

Last edited by Lamcza,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do that too :D i will receive mine tomorrow but it looks like it is some of hekate problem to me now. Will test it again this time reformating sd in hekate and again put on it file based emu this way we will know if it is a formating issue or partition emu issue :P

Edit: Oke so it is not the formatting of sd in hekate but partition emu problem in my case.

Edit2: no change on sandisk ultra 512gb

I‘m fnally getting around to copying my main stack to 512G SanDisk. Back in “3 Microsoft” hours.

FDF588F5-AD96-4335-82D4-31AF828CC6E8.jpeg

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I‘m fnally getting around to copying my main stack to 512G SanDisk. Back in “3 Microsoft” hours.

View attachment 352716
bet it will be booting fine for you in the meantime i test also 512 samsung pro so it is not a brand of sd issue but the size of it vs whatever is going on with my unit-atmo-hekate-ftpd

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bet it will be booting fine for you in the meantime i test also 512 samsung pro so it is not a brand of sd issue but the size of it vs whatever is going on with my unit-atmo-hekate-ftpd
Guess what. You‘ll never guess.

I’ll just have to show you:

image.jpg
512G SanDisk installed.

image.jpg
sys-ftpd-light sys-module running.

61A1B994-EEA5-4DF9-B273-2B9867FB9080.png
connected to switch from iPad.

You called it. It just works.

I can‘t duplicate the issue. :-(

I think you’re going to have to take another look at how you’re formatting things.

I don’t know what else it could be.

• Love
Reactions: Lamcza and impeeza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Guess what. You‘ll never guess.

I’ll just have to show you:

View attachment 352773
512G SanDisk installed.

View attachment 352774
sys-ftpd-light sys-module running.

View attachment 352775
connected to switch from iPad.

You called it. It just works.

I can‘t duplicate the issue. :-(

I think you’re going to have to take another look at how you’re formatting things.

I don’t know what else it could be.

Thx :D
It was formatted in hakate,tegra,nx, some other emu tool so doubt.

There are a few possibilities
1. hekate is quacked
2. atrmosphere is quacked
3. FTPD is quacked
4. My switch is quacked in some way (not only mine so perhaps it is some compatibility issue with some units/parts idk. )

I am using file-based emu right now and everything is fine :D now I even push android on and it's still fine. ;P

Edit: hmm wonder why is your card power only 900mW mine is 2880mW :o?

Last edited by Lamcza,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx :D
It was formatted in hakate,tegra,nx, some other emu tool so doubt.

There are a few possibilities
1. hekate is quacked
2. atrmosphere is quacked
3. FTPD is quacked
4. My switch is quacked in some way (not only mine so perhaps it is some compatibility issue with some units/parts idk. )
but you’re getting all that from the same places everyone else is, right? Direct from GitHub.
I am using file-based emu right now and everything is fine :D now I even push android on and it's still fine. ;P
nice!
Edit: hmm wonder why is your card power only 900mW mine is 2880mW :o?
I just grabbed a random charger. Not sure which one I had in.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza and Lamcza

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
but you’re getting all that from the same places everyone else is, right? Direct from GitHub.
all straight form hub
I just grabbed a random charger. Not sure which one I had in.

can you check it without a charger i will check on the charger but, strangely, all my cards were on 2880mW sandisk and my 128gb too. If i understand it correctly it is how much power my card draws?

E: Same on the charger it is like 3x the power of your card it is a v1 unit ?

Last edited by Lamcza,
Reactions: impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all straight form hub

can you check it without a charger i will check on the charger but, strangely, all my cards were on 2880mW sandisk and my 128gb too. If i understand it correctly it is how much power my card is draws?
I’m not 100% certain what that number means. I thought it was how much it was drawing but I can see where you’re coming from too.
E: Same on the charger it is like 3x the power of your card it is a v1 unit ?
Mine is at 900mW no matter what I do. Plugged, unplugged, ran a benchmark. Anything to move the needles. Nothin.

Here it is off the charger:

image.jpg

and yes, this is my V1.

I can try my V2 on the same card (just booting Hekate should work.)

here’s my V2 on charger w/ the 400G:

image.jpg

V2 with 512G on charger:

image.jpg

V2 with 512G charger unplugged:

image.jpg

900mW no matter what I do.

Last edited by binkinator,
  • Love

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I’m not 100% certain what that number means. I thought it was how much it was drawing but I can see where you’re coming from too.

Mine is at 900mW no matter what I do. Plugged, unplugged, ran a benchmark. Anything to move the needles. Nothin.

Here it is off the charger:

View attachment 352815

and yes, this is my V1.

I can try my V2 on the same card (just booting Hekate should work.)
if it is sd card power draw so maybe here is my issue just check your main card on v2 there is no need to swap :D and check it again in v1 when its charged maybe it is some kind of power saving: o?

Wonder what is the power draw on other persons no-problemo switches

Reactions: impeeza

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if it is sd card power draw so maybe here is my issue just check your main card on v2 there is no need to swap :D and check it again in v1 when its charged maybe it is some kind of power saving: o?

Wonder what is the power draw on other persons no-problemo switches
I just added a bunch of scenarios in the previous post.

if you want to see something else let me know, but I’m not seeing any deviation from 900mW.

The guys over on #Switchroot do all sorts of sdcard tests…always in search of the perfect SDCard. Might want to bring it over there. They will know instantly if your SDCard is out of spec.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just added a bunch of scenarios in the previous post.

‘’if you want to see something else let me know, but I’m not seeing any deviation from 900mW.
yea that is worrying me even more :D because mine is always 2880mW
Maybe hekate banchmark of your sandisk will help if my samsung is not any better in bench there will be something wrong with my sd reader or something.

hmmm where i can get a good replacement for sd card reader :X?
But first i need to get more info about ppl sd power :D @guily6669 oyy guily whats yours?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea that is worrying me even more :D because mine is always 2880mW
Maybe hekate banchmark of your sandisk will help if my samsung is not any better in bench there will be something wrong with my sd reader or something.

hmmm where i can get a good replacement for sd card reader :X?
But first i need to get more info about ppl sd power :D @guily6669 oyy guily whats yours?

LOL. I just happened to be doing a V1 vs V2 race just for the hell of it.

Here you go.

V1 on top with 512G

image.jpg

V2 on bottom with 400G

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so speeds are good but that mW :X my sd card is not out of spec all of my cards draw that 2880mW :P
I asked for clarification since I don’t know. CTCaer hangs out there sometimes so maybe we’ll get a verdict from the horses mouth.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@binkinator did you test with emunand as files or partition? Cause the problem seems to be with some mSD cards when using partition emunand.

Correct me if I'm wrong @Lamcza
so speeds are good but that mW :X my sd card is not out of spec all of my cards draw that 2880mW :P
Same value on my Samsung Evo select A2 512GB, now I wonder how verdict is that info from Hekate... Most likely it's some value it fetches from the mSD data?

I mean memory always gets higher power on heavy reading\writing and less idle and that value seems to just be there glued with tape :toot: :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1