Homebrew System transfer Post-A9LH help

princefarzan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel like there's no good documentation on how to do a system transfer after installing a9lh. I installed a9lh on both my old 3DS and my new 3DS using plailect's tutorial. Keep in mind my nnid and save files are on my old 3DS emunand, which was sitting on v10.6.

I wanted to transfer my ambassador games and other stuff from my a9lh o3ds to my new 3ds emunand which also has a9lh and is on 10.6.I did a regular system transfer from the menu, and chose to do over the air transfer, this took about 4 hours.

After the transfer was finished, it rebooted and on my new 3ds it asked me if I want to install the DSi titles on to the system from the sd. Here is where I'm confused, when it asked me that was that in sysnand? or was it in emunand? Regardless after I installed it to the system memory, it asked to reboot once again and when it did, black screen... It won't boot to either sysnand or emunand. I tryed restoring both sysnand and emunand pre-system transfer on the n3ds with EmuNANDWIP that loads on boot and still no dice.

My o3ds was fine after the transfer, it just asked to delete extra data on the sd after the reboot, and started up normal. I read somewhere that when it did the transfer it transfers the o3ds emunand files so I have to inject my new 3ds with my o3ds partition? I'm not to clear on this, and is the partition ctrnand?

We need someone to do a tutorial on this process as I'm sure there are other people in my situation who after getting a9lh on to the system are wondering how to transfer there old system onto the new 3ds.
Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by princefarzan,

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the black screen cloud have something to do with extdata. Maybe deleting it (or removing and backing up just in case) would help.

princefarzan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm guessing the black screen cloud have something to do with extdata. Maybe deleting it (or removing and backing up just in case) would help.
Okay, things are confusing me now. When I checked my micro sd it had all the files I had before, except it transfered my o3ds sysnand.bin and emunand.bin. My Nintendo 3DS folder has <id0> <id1> which was there previously as well as a new <id2> which got created after the system transfer. The <id2> had a sub <id2a> and <id2b> folders while the other two <id0> and <id1> has one sub folder in both. The <id2a> and <id2b> are identical only <id2b> has Nintendo DSiWare folder.

Any idea where to go from here? I tried deleting the extdata on both my <id1> emunand as well as <id2a> and <id2b> emunand but still black screen. Do I delete my previous emunand and leave the one transfered? Do I have to install my o3ds partition on my n3ds for it to be recognized?

Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hey hope all is well