Hacking tcpgecko channel possible?

OO804

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd prefer to autoboot it but read that's not possible, is it possible to install it as a channel and click from cbhc to avoid going into hbl everytime?

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure. Once you already have CBHC or Haxchi installed and running properly, you just have to download another compatible Haxchi DS game from USB Helper.

Make sure you download a different DS game then the one you bought legit for Haxchi the first time. Other wise your legit DS title will get overwritten with a fake ticket and you will brick if your running CBHC.

1) Download the different but compatible DS game from USB Helper, install it with WUP Installer.

2) Create Boot images for Haxchi. Both the Boot Image, and the ICON. I made mine to look exactly like TCP Gecko. There is a guide on here somewhere that shows you how to make custom Haxchi Boot Images. I will upload my custom Images at the end of this post if your interested.

3) Put the Boot images in the Haxchi Install folder on your SD Card, and edit the text file so you can edit the default start up app.

Something like this:

default=wiiu/apps/tcpgecko/tcpgecko.elf

Note: Its been a long time since I messed with Haxchi Install files, so this may be a little off. But you get the idea, just make TCP Gecko as the default App in Haxchi.

4) Install Haxchi on top of the NON Legit DS game that you downloaded and installed from USB Helper.

When you install that modified Haxchi, it should have your custom icon boot images. And when you run it, it should boot up TCP Gecko automatically.

The modified Haxchi you just installed wont actually be running Haxchi CFW, instead we are using it as an ELF Loader.

These modified boot and icon Images are at the end of this post. I put both of them in a ZIP and uploaded them. You can use them if you want, I made them myself. I used the original TCP Gecko Logo Image for the Menu Icon, and I had to create a completely custom Boot Image/Splash Screen from scratch since the original TCP Gecko Logo was way to small.

If you are stuck on something, or need anymore help, please ask. I will try to help you in any way I can.

EDIT: Here is the Guide to show you how to create Haxchi Boot Images - https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-create-edit-tga-files-for-haxchi.465027/

Screenshots:

1) ICON
abe59dfc2b7b50f6dfdbeab2163d3811.jpg

2) Splash Screen/Boot Image

b1a68ee3e029da8df0d4fa1cb26e82f8.jpg

3) TCP Gecko running

b8e74432702882ac6589330024f2cad5.jpg

Attachments

• haxchiBootImages.zip
    143.6 KB · Views: 281
Last edited by TheTechGenius,
Reactions: OO804