Hacking Team Cyclops forum down?

striderx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the past couple of days I haven't ben able to access the Team Cyclops forums. Have any of you experienced the same problem?

When I visit this site: http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/ my browser delivers the following:

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=8) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=1) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=18) state=1 in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php4 on line 1015

Any ideas? Site hacked? Corrupted? Negelected?

striderx

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Geez, this downtime has been going on for too long. :\

I emailed them about it, and some other things about firmware, and they said they're working on it, but still...how long can I take to just restore the forum software?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, you would think that a team like Team Cyclops, who makes such a great flashcart with excellent firmware updates would be able to fix a relatively simple thing like their forums. I don't think they're trying all that hard.

spinergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea i am a bit more that slightly pissed that their forums have been down this long. Especially since they have not mentioned anything concerning it on the main page. Looks like none of their products have been updated since the forums have gone down either. I'm gonna try to track down Shane Monroe in a minute and see if he knows anything about it.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I hope they offer Paypal donations for their hosting. I'd donate $5 if they'd stay up for the next year 95% of the time.

unz

Chaotic Neutral
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
jesterscourt said:
You know, I hope they offer Paypal donations for their hosting. I'd donate $5 if they'd stay up for the next year 95% of the time.
No offence intended jester, but there's people who are generous, and then there's people who are just plain gullible. We've already paid top dollar for their product. TC aren't short of cash.

They could easily get a decent forum host if they really wanted to. If you remember the spamming problems and all the complaints one always gets on forums, you can't really blame them for letting the TC forum fall over for a while.

They probably just want some peace and quiet so they can get on with developing the iCyclo, or whatever it's going to be called. Wanna take bets on how fast the TC forums will return once that new cart hits the market?

jameswalker85

Trophies
Website
fattass.co.uk
XP
Country
I can understand that they'll be working on the CycloDSi/iCyclo, but wouldn't they have someone on the team who would be solely responsible for maintaining the forum.

I don't know how they work, but I'd have thought that they'd at least have different departments. Like Hardware, Programming, Web, etc...

Maybe I'm wrong. I usually am.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The forum is for ALL their products, not just the evolution. 360 and wii modchip users are out in the cold too. I highly doubt the delay in fixing the forum is in any way related to development of a dsi capable flash cart.

Going on 2 weeks now, any chance of it being a simple fix they just haven't gotten around to is a poor excuse.

I've jinxed another card maker. Its the only plausible explanation.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, it definitely seems weird that their forum's been down for so long now, with not even a mention on their main site.

I hope there's some big news when it finally does come back up... like a new product for the DSi, or something equally cool.

Hocus Cadabra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten any reply from them, email or anything?

Whether they are working on a new product or not, having forums down for weeks and no web site update is concerning. They have built their reputation on great support of their products.

Amak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IchigoK2031 said:
I was on the other day (how many months ago) and I was taking a look around, and I saw one of the mods say that they need to update the forum software (don't quote me on this) maybe that's wat they're doing?

It takes this long to update the software?

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I am also concerned. It has been almost 2 weeks. With the DSi out in wide distribution now, there have to be a lot of people looking for a DSi compatible cart. Without the forums and/or an official answer to the DSi question, Team Cyclops is making them look elsewhere and losing money.

Deyardly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hiya people, just wanted to give an update:

I tried, for fun, to access the team cyclo forums today, and apparently they have tried to update it or something. In any case, there is a new error message, which leads me to believe that they are currently working on the forum, so I'm starting to hope that it might be up in a day or two.

Error message:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/ on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.41 Server at www.teamcyclops.com Port 80

Concerning the reason for a complete shutdown of the forum I have a theory if it was intentional. Perhaps it was to avoid a swarm of people coming to there forums asking when they would release a DSi compatible cart when they weren't ready. So, they chose to shut down the forums untill they had something substantial to show us?

Mind you, I'm really new in the flash cart scene, I just got my DS 2 days ago, and am still waiting for my cart. So what I posted above is only my theory.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I did try e-mailing them about the forum last night, and they did send a response this morning. So I think calling it the next R4 is a bit premature
tongue.gif

QUOTE said:
Hello,

We are aware of the problem concerning the forum and are trying to resolve
it asap. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best Regards,
Team Cyclops - Tech Support

>
> Hello,
>
> Myself, and many other users of your products, have noticed for the past
> several weeks now that your forum has been down; and no news or updates
> have been posted on your main site.
>
> While I get the work involved in maintaing a forum, I think it would be
> beneficial to your team's public image amongst your userbase if you would
> at least put an announcement about the forum up on your main site, and
> maybe an estimate of when it might be back online.
>
> Your product, in addition to being technically excellent, has a reputation
> based on extremely attentive customer service; and generally speedy
> response to technical issues when they're discovered. However, the weeks
> of forum downtime with no mention of it on your website are causing cracks
> in that reputation.
>
> To that end, I just thought I'd e-mail to let you know what I've been
> reading on some of the larger gaming forums (GBAtemp.net, etc.). I think
> it would go a long way to placate the pessimists and doomsayers if you'd
> just make a little announcment on your main site.
>
> thanks,
> Andrew

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P