Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Posted by Evolution

QUOTE said:
Finally our move to a new host is complete. We have moved both teamcyclops.com and cyclopsds.com to new servers which are both faster and offer more bandwidth. Due to complications with our previous host, some data from the forums was irrecoverably corrupted, compounding on this the backup was also corrupt. Unfortunately, our most recent functional backup of the forums is from Janurary 2009. This means that any posts from this point onwards have been lost, and anybody that registered for the forums past his point will need to re-register. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Needless to say given this situation and the previous frequent bandwidth related errors, we decided to move to a more reliable host. We are confident that both the reliability of their servers and increased bandwidth should eradicate all of the previous problems. In essence, our sites are back with better reliability and more bandwidth to support our customers’ needs.

Happy Holidays to all our loyal supporters!

D

Deleted-236924

That's retarded; They disabled new member registration.
How are we supposed to re-register?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, you got to make a topic before me, GH0ST.

And at the end of 2008 until the start of 2009, registration was disabled; this would be the case with any backups of the time.

Stupid though, they should have made several backups.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
OP
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Who cares about the past. That's sad of course and some valuable knowledge was lost ... but what is lost is lost... and at least they will be smarter next time
rolleyes.gif

QUOTE said:
ProtoKun7, thanks for pointing that out - new user registrations have now been re-enabled.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am now left with 3 posts on my postcount haha. wow i was not active at all in the 7 months i had been registered
tongue.gif

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am glad to see the servers are back up, now maybe we can beg them to upgrade the avatar resolution!
tongue.gif

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
some people do not seem to understand that the post count does not matter for anything.
Unless you need to polish your internet ego, which is plain stupid.
What matters is the quality and expertise you convey in your posts.

so don't sulk over lost posts, make up for it by posting in quality, rather than in quantity.

but seriously, not making backups for two years... The admin doesn't quite deserve their title.
And about the situation with the win95 servers... Jesus christ do i even need to say anything?

But let the past be past, i am anxious to see how things will turn out with the new forum.

P.S: Cron Jobs can automatically backup the user / post database once a day / week / month to an external source, why the hell wouldn't you set up automatic backups? Sure, the forum experiences a minute of downtime during backups, but the admin can schedule them to run at the quietest time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol