Team Rebug Releases v4.84.1 LITE CFW for PlayStation 3

Red_Scorpion_3_sml.png

It has been a while since we hear from Team REBUG, but they are back and showing some (love) to the PlayStation 3 consoles, by releasing finally v4.84.1 for the all those waiting to upgrade to best CFW out there, and they are asking for help in sourcing the latest DEX OFW, so if you have a source, drop them a line on their official support forums or website, so that everyone will be able to enjoy a REX release also!
LITE COBRA 7.55 EDITION – INSTALL ON CEX PS3 SYSTEM /// REBUG 4.84.1 LITE EDITION – Mar. 3rd 2019
(See news source or official website for full LITE EDITION features)

What’s new since 4.82.2 LITE EDITION?
  • Stability*
    (This system software update improves system performance)
  • REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.17 MULTI
    (The latest REBUG TOOLBOX with Multi Language support -16 languages)
  • HAN PKG Support
    (ECDSA check on EDAT is disabled to allow HAN signed PKGs,)
    (Mostly for developers only, Generally, CFW users do not have any benefits from this feature, however, this was added for developers who are working on HAN features for OFW users)
Please Remember, if you enjoy using REBUG CFW's on your PS3, to visit their website, and donate something to the developers! :)

:arrow: Official: Team REBUG

:arrow: Source: MaxConsole

STLcardsWS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah its best to stay on 4.82 Rebug until everything is compatible with 4.84. There will be alot of things that will stop working Webman Launchpad is one of them, but webman/irisman both have 4.84 support.

Most things do not need support as there been not real changes (functionality wise) to the firmware by sony.
So most things will work (they may not identify the 4.84 FW correctly but its just cosemtic.)

Here is a list of apps and CFW that are updated with 4.84 Support.
http://www.psx-place.com/threads/4-84-cfw-homebrew-plugins-tools.22528/

It is better to stay on lower cfw until some things catch up. but most of the essentials have caught up.
but also no urgency to update unless you want to checkout something like Cobra 8.00 (which is only on Starbuged at the moment)

Last edited by STLcardsWS,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So is there something special about this "Lite" Version? Can I use it even though I have the previous 4.82.1 version installed which isn't "Lite" at all? :blink:
The lite versions are just based on the regular CEX retail firmware so you don't get the debug features that are added to the REX versions. Most people will not need these, but 4.82 REX is still arguably the better firmware unless you really need to be on 4.84.

That said, we might not get a REX firmware unless a dev 4.84 firmware can be sourced.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I don't think I ever used a Rex version before, but it does sound abit interesting since I'm using the PS3 Trainer plugin on a few games through Cobra's functionality.
The more mod menus the better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.