Hacking Team-Xecuter Announces SX OS v1.8 with improved Switch Firmware v6.0 compatibility

AveSatanas

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Game will actually work fine, it just will crash ?...?...
Over the weeks who says that the list of games that work well but crash? Won't grow?
Web applet game list switch crash?

And those who paid are allowed to have 100% experience
And not a truncated experience, even if it's 99℅
I am sxos 1.6 (firmware 5.1.0)
And I don't have any problems described above then?
Firware 6.0? Nand restore?
Because I don't even know if it is possible to merge without error a nand dump partitioned on fat32 4 go 8X4 go nand ( fat32 limitation is 4go), or cut a nand into 8? Bad idea

Who tested doom firmware 6.0? The only game that wants a network connection has two times in stealth plane mode. ???? ( After mario galaxy can be the doom winner? )
Games may boot and play fine at first, but some may crash in certain menus or certain points during gameplay. This is TX' fault because they didn't do a single line bugfix.

There's way too many games that rely on webapplets, I doubt that anyone would even bother with documenting it.

Paid people have same issues too, it's definitely not 100%, and TX obviously doesn't care.

You won't have these issues on 5.1.0 but if you update to 6.0.0 and use SXOS 1.7 or 1.8, you will.

You can merge the files and restore nand from those files.

Reactions: Drakia

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ave satanas
Games may boot and play fine at first, but some may crash in certain menus or certain points during gameplay. This is TX' fault because they didn't do a single line bugfix.

There's way too many games that rely on webapplets, I doubt that anyone would even bother with documenting it.

Paid people have same issues too, it's definitely not 100%, and TX obviously doesn't care.

You won't have these issues on 5.1.0 but if you update to 6.0.0 and use SXOS 1.7 or 1.8, you will.

You can merge the files and restore nand from those files.
Truth honors you, I love it when things are clear.
You've said everything and noted the points that annoy me, so it's good to know what he actually had before he started. not say as I saw a post here on gba.temp
A forumor asks another, what is the firmware 6.0 for?
The other one answers STABILITY, is that a joke? Or does he have the hindsight to have played 1072 capital dlc games on switch? Who says xenoblade 2 doesn't crash or crash has 20 hours of games? In short thank you good game and see you soon
I have so much game to do I'm passing my turn right now ( fw 5.1.0 good for me)

How many times have I seen this?
Whoa, me the emulator works nickel fullspeed, then months later it's wow it crashes at the 5th level boss, wow it slows in such level
Guys test the launch for 30 seconds? A game like skyrim? Or xenoblade2? Zelda? Not serious
I'm still waiting for the return on doom and fw 6.0 ( the game tries 2 internet connections)
Airplane stealth... ( Web applet? I don't know.)

I work, and I'm far from finished zelda,mario,xenoblade2, I have tons of other cool games,but I don't like,doing like mame 24000 roms,and we spend our time zapping games like morons.

Last edited by KHEOPS,

AveSatanas

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
-snip-

Ave satanas

Truth honors you, I love it when things are clear.
You've said everything and noted the points that annoy me, so it's good to know what he actually had before he started. not say as I saw a post here on gba.temp
A forumor asks another, what is the firmware 6.0 for?
The other one answers STABILITY, is that a joke? Or does he have the hindsight to have played 1072 capital dlc games on switch? Who says xenoblade 2 doesn't crash or crash has 20 hours of games? In short thank you good game and see you soon
I have so much game to do I'm passing my turn right now ( fw 5.1.0 good for me)
6.0.0 adds nothing relevant to the end users that mod their consoles (as it mostly just adds nintendo switch online features), don't update to it unless/until you have to.

Last edited by Quantumcat, , Reason: Removed deleted post quote

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ave satanasssss..
Yes for smash? Firmware 6.0? Pouah, I hate this game, played 1 min on cube, 2 min on wii,it's drafts that are worth not soulcalibur dreamcast or power stone,visually,technically,in short,a game that is not for me
thanks you are right I enjoy the 5.1.0 exfat, stardew valley after the work is great soon!!

Last edited by KHEOPS,

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Random normal person passing through... <whistling>

Wondering why you kids are updating when it isn`t even out / supported yet?
You will be itching to downgrade when you do find something broken...

Reactions: Nollog

AveSatanas

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
Random normal person passing through... <whistling>

Wondering why you kids are updating when it isn`t even out / supported yet?
You will be itching to downgrade when you do find something broken...
I updated because I host one of the most critical tools in ban prevention (90DNS). I'd rather update early and potentially prevent many bans even if it means that I might get banned.

Also everything was broken at first, then people wrote fixes...

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I updated because I host one of the most critical tools in ban prevention (90DNS). I'd rather update early and potentially prevent many bans even if it means that I might get banned.

Also everything was broken at first, then people wrote fixes...

You`re a dev. Fair enough. Devs need to be ready.

I`m on about end users. If everything is working, why break it?

AveSatanas

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad

Good point. There's literally no reason to update for end users. If you want toad avatars, they won't apply until you go online, which means a ban. If you want NSO, the servers aren't up yet. No games require 6.0.0 yet, not all patches are ported to 6.0.0 yet and even sxos is shipping with bugs.

Don't update, people.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Toad avatars, online cloud saving, and a possibility to play NES classics on the Switch? I'm honestly stumped why end users would update preemptively. Maybe it has to do with those YouTube comment sections where someone has to type First to gain an intangible but fleeting amount of respect.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
-snip-
Don't forget the part where they pay off GBATemp staff to make people like OP site reporters so they can get free publicity on each announcement the company makes.

Piracy on the Switch?! Oh boy, the only solution is to send my $25 to ping long for a duct taped together pile of pre-existing software and muh XCI loader! Thanks GBATemp!

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
For the fw 6.0
In France an expression for this situation is
Morale opening the fable The hare and the turtle of La Fontaine

there's no point in running, you have to start on time

I don't know if it's known across the Atlantic...

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
-snip-
In France an expression for this situation is
Morale opening the fable The hare and the turtle of La Fontaine

there's no point in running, you have to start on time

I don't know if it's known across the Atlantic...

Translated... Turtles are faster than Hares.

KHEOPS

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Exactly I am the 5.1.0 firmware turtle....
Mouah! Ah! Ah turtle version 5.1.0

Maybe that's the secret? All my hack consoles, are not ban....
patience.....?...∆√Π∆ NOPE... ( With nand's own backup All consoles) YEP
Thanks bro
I can lie down on these good words good night

Last edited by KHEOPS,

Switcyswachty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yay good job tx :D And we know it can still play xcis and nsps. but what about homebrew? does 6.0 completly kill off all homebrew?

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
This probably deserves its own thread but I just found this on nintendo's ap site.
Looks like they're about to go on a major offensive against TX SXOS retailers.
They also confirm their banning activity.

uhoh.png

Last edited by zoogie,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...