Hacking Discussion Team Xecuter Switch SX

D

Deleted-355425

Is the USB-C device that is attached to the Switch system compliant with Nintendo's special standard? Don't want to risk damaging my system long term. That's the biggest thing keeping me from being interested in this device.

Doesn't plug into the mains does it?

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're misinformed

this is from TX themselves
Where To Buy
WARNING: DO NOT BUY XECUTER PRODUCTS FROM WEBSITES SUCH AS ALIBABA, ALIEXPRESS or TAOBAO.
THEY POST REALLY CHEAP PRICES BUT DO NOT HAVE ANY STOCK AND WILL HOLD YOUR MONEY FOR WEEKS. WHEN THEY EVENTUALLY RECEIVE STOCK (IT'S NEVER FROM US) THEY ARE EITHER CHEAP CLONES OR FAULTY RETURNS OR JUST OUTRIGHT FAKES. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

All resellers on this page are covered by direct Xecuter Manufacturer's Warranty and have been given our seal of approval as reliable and efficient retailers.

If you wish to buy wholesale – email us and we will be in touch.
You do realize that's for their old modchips, right? And Wholesale no less. They start preorders this weekend. It hasn't begun yet.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the USB-C device that is attached to the Switch system compliant with Nintendo's special standard? Don't want to risk damaging my system long term. That's the biggest thing keeping me from being interested in this device.
What's this about a "special standard"? I was not aware that the type-C port on Switches were in any way, shape, or form different from any other.

eXhumer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What's this about a "special standard"? I was not aware that the type-C port on Switches were in any way, shape, or form different from any other.

USB A to USB C Cable requires a 56K resistor to not brick the switch. Don't know if it applies to C to C cables or other USB C devices

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if serious?

I am, and I'm referring to the black dongle. If I'm wrong about this point, please educate me.

Nintendo accessories and the Switch itself are not USB-C compliant. Using third party accessories could brick your switch. That's why it's suggested you use the official Nintendo USB-C cable that comes with the pro controller (or you can buy separately) when delivering payloads.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw...e_switch_is_not_usbc_compliant_and_overdraws/

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
funny how y'all aren't mad at nintendo for operating a for-profit model but you are for xecuter
I don't know what's worse.. The fact you said that, or that people liked your post?

Last edited by Kioku, , Reason: Brain fart, forgot a word
Reactions: Irastris

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
USB A to USB C Cable requires a 56K resistor to not brick the switch. Don't know if it applies to C to C cables or other USB C devices

Huh, interesting. I've been using a USB A to Micro A plugged into a Micro A to USB-C converter from my old Samsung Gear VR, no problems so far. Now I'm a bit worried :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kinda feeling like that remix of the perfect cell theme