Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge announcement & gameplay trailer

Following in the success of Streets of Rage 4, Dotemu have released an announcement trailer for their next project - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

This is a 4-player pixel art styled beat 'em up that appears to invoke the gameplay of the original arcade classic and features character design reminiscent of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.

HEROES IN A HALF SHELL

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge features groundbreaking gameplay rooted in timeless classic brawling mechanics, brought to you by the beat ’em-up experts at Dotemu (Streets of Rage 4) and Tribute Games (part of the studio used to work on Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game and TMNT Game Boy Advance). Bash your way through gorgeous pixel art environments and slay tons of hellacious enemies with your favorite Turtle, each with his own skills and moves – making each run unique! Choose a fighter, use radical combos to defeat your opponents and experience intense combats loaded with breathtaking action and outrageous ninja abilities. Stay sharp as you face off against Shredder and his faithful Foot Clan alone, or grab your best buds and play with up to four players simultaneously!

TURTLE BOYS DON’T CUT SHREDDER NO SLACK

With Bebop and Rocksteady assaulting Channel 6 and stealing super gnarly devices to support Krang and Shredder’s latest twisted plan, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge sees the Turtles battling across a righteous range of timeless TMNT locations. From Manhattan and Coney Island, to city rooftops and dank sewers, help the fearsome foursome trounce Foot Soldiers, Triceraton Warriors, and Rock Troops all the way to Dimension X!

TURTLE POWER!!

Enjoy stunning full-color pixel art graphics and a vintage TMNT vibe that will rock you straight back to the awesome 80s. Every character, vehicle, weapon, item, and background is directly inspired by the 1987 TV show, making you feel like you hopped into the television — with a dope mix of killer humor and action-packed adventures!

FEATURES
  • Gnarly game design takes you back to the ’80s
  • Beautiful full-color pixel art graphics
  • Old-school gameplay enhanced with super-fresh mechanics
  • Up to four players simultaneously
  • Play with iconic TMNT characters and vehicles in diverse gameplay options
  • Radical new story mode
  • And totally more to come!

screenshot4-1024x576.png screenshot1-1024x576.png screenshot6-1024x576.png

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Wishlist the game on Steam!

Last edited by shaunj66,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did the people singing that intro take a bunch of sleeping tablets beforehand?

Anyway my history with TMNT games is mostly the GBA efforts and that was more to sort issues some were having.

Always up for a decent side scrolling beat em up though. However will have to wait and see as following the 360 generation and all the would have been mediocre even during the 8-16 bit era stuff that it spawned* I am wary about things.

*most times they had one job. I doubt it hard to imagine the 360 and such being bogged down -- could probably have sprites fill the screen and all jiggling and not even move the needle on usage, games like splosion man show tight controls were eminently doable and there were plenty of examples of technically similar games that were not directly side scrollers (see something like bionic commando). Other than the Scott Pilgrim that vanished after a year care to name me some good ones? There were many attempts as well.

Teletron1

Space Tech Engineer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the people singing that intro take a bunch of sleeping tablets beforehand?

Anyway my history with TMNT games is mostly the GBA efforts and that was more to sort issues some were having.

Always up for a decent side scrolling beat em up though. However will have to wait and see as following the 360 generation and all the would have been mediocre even during the 8-16 bit era stuff that it spawned* I am wary about things.

*most times they had one job. I doubt it hard to imagine the 360 and such being bogged down -- could probably have sprites fill the screen and all jiggling and not even move the needle on usage, games like splosion man show tight controls were eminently doable and there were plenty of examples of technically similar games that were not directly side scrollers (see something like bionic commando). Other than the Scott Pilgrim that vanished after a year care to name me some good ones? There were many attempts as well.

have you tried Huntdown ? I loved it

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is a 4-player pixel art styled beat 'em up that appears to invoke the gameplay of the original arcade classic and features character design reminiscent of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.
1987 version; that's the only character design I liked at all in the series, though I also liked Michael Dooney's cover art for the second printing of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #4, which also was used for the NES (and other conversions) cover picture, of whom I caught on about it in the first place.

TERRIB~1.JPG

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following in the success of Streets of Rage 4
This game follows the success of Streets of Rage 4? Then why we get pixel art sprites UNLIKE Streets of Rage 4? You following the success of ARCADE Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Not Streets of Rage 4. (I bet probably the ninja turtles was more successful than streets of rage anyway) :ninja:

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Bakerman vs. Wario