Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge announcement & gameplay trailer

Following in the success of Streets of Rage 4, Dotemu have released an announcement trailer for their next project - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

This is a 4-player pixel art styled beat 'em up that appears to invoke the gameplay of the original arcade classic and features character design reminiscent of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon.

HEROES IN A HALF SHELL

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge features groundbreaking gameplay rooted in timeless classic brawling mechanics, brought to you by the beat ’em-up experts at Dotemu (Streets of Rage 4) and Tribute Games (part of the studio used to work on Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game and TMNT Game Boy Advance). Bash your way through gorgeous pixel art environments and slay tons of hellacious enemies with your favorite Turtle, each with his own skills and moves – making each run unique! Choose a fighter, use radical combos to defeat your opponents and experience intense combats loaded with breathtaking action and outrageous ninja abilities. Stay sharp as you face off against Shredder and his faithful Foot Clan alone, or grab your best buds and play with up to four players simultaneously!

TURTLE BOYS DON’T CUT SHREDDER NO SLACK

With Bebop and Rocksteady assaulting Channel 6 and stealing super gnarly devices to support Krang and Shredder’s latest twisted plan, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge sees the Turtles battling across a righteous range of timeless TMNT locations. From Manhattan and Coney Island, to city rooftops and dank sewers, help the fearsome foursome trounce Foot Soldiers, Triceraton Warriors, and Rock Troops all the way to Dimension X!

TURTLE POWER!!

Enjoy stunning full-color pixel art graphics and a vintage TMNT vibe that will rock you straight back to the awesome 80s. Every character, vehicle, weapon, item, and background is directly inspired by the 1987 TV show, making you feel like you hopped into the television — with a dope mix of killer humor and action-packed adventures!

FEATURES
  • Gnarly game design takes you back to the ’80s
  • Beautiful full-color pixel art graphics
  • Old-school gameplay enhanced with super-fresh mechanics
  • Up to four players simultaneously
  • Play with iconic TMNT characters and vehicles in diverse gameplay options
  • Radical new story mode
  • And totally more to come!

screenshot4-1024x576.png screenshot1-1024x576.png screenshot6-1024x576.png

:arrow: Source
:arrow: Wishlist the game on Steam!

Last edited by shaunj66,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
TMNT is a legendary series. Even the most closed cold individual will have a shed of light.

Don't you mean shell?

Anyway I liked the 2003 series but not the future arc. The one afterwards ... Meh.

And the latest show could be worse despite the art style.

Last edited by raxadian,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Didn't a TMNT game on PC come out not too long ago? Was it made by the same people?
There was a Turtles in Time remake by Ubisoft for X360/PS3, it was not very good. More recently there was a TMNT game by Activision called "Out of the Shadows," which has a 54% positive score on Steam and appears to no longer be purchasable. I think a new game with SNES-like graphics, done by a developer who actually knows beat 'em ups, is exactly what the doctor ordered for the franchise.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

ryguy2010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this comes out for Switch, definitely picking this up. Remember playing TMNT2 on NES and Turtles in Time on SNES.

MetoMeto

Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Modern version of it was released like 10 years ago. This is retro version of it.
hes not wrong though. modern meaning present..with present graphics capabilities.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The intro song sucks. Its ruined imo.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm also interested. My friends and me blew all our pocket money on turtles (1) arcade game. I'm fairly sure we had turtles in time on our snes, though I can't really remember having the same level of fun on it.

Still... I won't lie : I've seriously outgrown Saturday cartoons. If it wasn't for dotemu (whom I seriously respect) and the gameplay part in the second half, I wouldn't have given it the time of day.

(1): for some hilarious reason my autocorrect replaced 'turtles' with 'girls' here :rofl2:
(:sad:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/2VSGYf0.mp4