Shadow147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi all!

Absolute novice here. Only posting because I have been trying to get things working for 5 days and searched exhaustively and found no solution so far, please be kind!

I had been happily using CFW for a long time but was recently having troubles with my setup so decided to do a clean SD reset from SDSetup. An important thing to note however, is that AutoRCM was turned ON, which in retrospect, I should have turned off before doing anything (I know) >_<

I downloaded the latest hekate, put the newest fusee.bin in the bootloader folder, used Zadig to make sure libusb was up to date, and booted up TegraRCM GUI (Tegra shows the green RCM OK icon).

For reference, SD Root looks like this:
1668808413223.png

bootloader folder looks like this:
1668808367284.png

When injecting hekate_ctcaer_5.9.0.bin via TegraRCM GUI, the icon goes orange and the programme stalls. Nothing happens until I turn off the Switch by holding the power button, after which the programme comes back with the icon turned to the normal red 'No RCM' one, and I can read the following in Tegra's log box:

RCM Device detected​
Invoking TegraRcmSmash.exe with args : "C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\hekate_ctcaer_5.9.0_Nyx_1.4.0\hekate_ctcaer_5.9.0.bin"​
TegraRcmSmash (32bit) 1.2.1-3 by rajkosto​
Opened USB device path \\?\usb#vid_0955&pid_7321#6&32a08772&0&4#{965a8257-c792-4f26-82be-1fdf4455a28d}​
RCM Device with id [ID] initialized successfully!​
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 105953, total size: 172169, total padded size: 176128)...​
Win32 error 31 happened trying to write payload buffer to RCM​
Error while injecting payload (RC=-8)​
RCM device disconnected​

Would anybody have any thoughts that could help? I may have put myself in a nasty position if I can't even boot into hekate and am stuck in AutoRCM, so I could really use a hand!

Thanks in advance!!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!

Absolute novice here. Only posting because I have been trying to get things working for 5 days and searched exhaustively and found no solution so far, please be kind!

I had been happily using CFW for a long time but was recently having troubles with my setup so decided to do a clean SD reset from SDSetup. An important thing to note however, is that AutoRCM was turned ON, which in retrospect, I should have turned off before doing anything (I know) >_<

I downloaded the latest hekate, put the newest fusee.bin in the bootloader folder, used Zadig to make sure libusb was up to date, and booted up TegraRCM GUI (Tegra shows the green RCM OK icon).

For reference, SD Root looks like this:
View attachment 338549

bootloader folder looks like this:
View attachment 338548

When injecting hekate_ctcaer_5.9.0.bin via TegraRCM GUI, the icon goes orange and the programme stalls. Nothing happens until I turn off the Switch by holding the power button, after which the programme comes back with the icon turned to the normal red 'No RCM' one, and I can read the following in Tegra's log box:

RCM Device detected​
Invoking TegraRcmSmash.exe with args : "C:\Users\[User]\Downloads\hekate_ctcaer_5.9.0_Nyx_1.4.0\hekate_ctcaer_5.9.0.bin"​
TegraRcmSmash (32bit) 1.2.1-3 by rajkosto​
Opened USB device path \\?\usb#vid_0955&pid_7321#6&32a08772&0&4#{965a8257-c792-4f26-82be-1fdf4455a28d}​
RCM Device with id [ID] initialized successfully!​
Uploading payload (mezzo size: 92, user size: 105953, total size: 172169, total padded size: 176128)...​
Win32 error 31 happened trying to write payload buffer to RCM​
Error while injecting payload (RC=-8)​
RCM device disconnected​

Would anybody have any thoughts that could help? I may have put myself in a nasty position if I can't even boot into hekate and am stuck in AutoRCM, so I could really use a hand!

Thanks in advance!!
Your thread was answered over here. Please use that thread for future reference.

Reactions: binkinator

Shadow147

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hi!

Thank you for the quick reply-- I should have mentioned, but unfortunately I already tried TegraRCMSmash and it doesn't open at all for me-- it just flashes a window for half a second and nothing happens, no processes in task manager

xchanii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

Thank you for the quick reply-- I should have mentioned, but unfortunately I already tried TegraRCMSmash and it doesn't open at all for me-- it just flashes a window for half a second and nothing happens, no processes in task manager
I don't mean to necro but that's because you have to either invoke its use with a CMD window or just drag your payload .bin to the program. It is functionally identical to GUI but you just need to provide the payload manually this way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    That Dell data breach is worse than people probably realize....
    When I worked for Dell we had access to data about military contracts and addresses for high ranking people.
    I personally handled a call from the second highest person at Raytheon. That call bothered me a lot... The guy was nice and smart what bothered me was the way management basically just blew him off instead of going the extra mile to help him.
    In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really the issue could have been solved for like 450 bucks lol
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    sometimes I wonder why anyone would ever buy mega man x legacy collection 2
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all in chronological order, which makes legacy collection 2 worthless
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i want to start singing pirate metal songs and sea shanties if i play sea of thieves
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    find a pirate metal playlist
    +2
    and sing along
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nevermind i just learned swearing is against the rules in sea of thieves

i was about to start singing the song i last put in "what song are you currently listening to" yesterday
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but yeah ig so
    swearing not allowed in a pirate game? what has the world come to
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (here's the song for context)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just add -izle to the end of every curse word, you will be fine.
    +2
    i like alestorm
    +1
    @BigOnYa too many syllables
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same lmao
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    hi, welcome to the Temp!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Welcome to the Underground!
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the booty boogie from (once again) the donkey kong country cartoon could also be a good song to sing while playing sea of thieves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please insert 25 cents for an additional 30 minutes of talk time.
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG7fk_DUz5g +1