Hacking TempGBA: NDSGBA revival

Do GBA games make your nono parts happy?

• Total voters

Toyskyline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not sure if this has already been discussed but while playing Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past the game freezes sometimes while exiting buildings, thus far the freezes have all taken place while I was in Skull Woods/The Lost Woods.

The screen goes blank and the game seems to begin to reset but pauses partway through the Nintendo logo animation then the screen is frozen there, I am able to interact with bottom screen of the ds and access the Temp GBA menu but the game is unplayable, is this due to a bad rom? or maybe because I was using a .sav from DSTWOGBA?

I don't mind starting the game over because I'm only about half an hour in but I'd rather not bring my 3ds and my gba sp everywhere with me. I should also note that this is the only game that is giving me any trouble Minish Cap has been playing beautifully and the emulator preforms flawlessly.

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue after switching to your newest update (1.44) in which all of the bottom screen options are scrambled. It's hard to describe, but I'll do my best. Things happen such as when I go to Options, and choose "Global button mappings..." nothing happens, and when I choose what's under it "Game-specific hotkey overrides..." all that does is change the menu language. When choosing "New game" to start a game, this garbled mess comes up (though I can still just press A to navigate to my games and play them)
c5ehKDn.jpg

and when I choose a game. instead of saying loading for a few seconds it says "Really delete save state %d?" And when I even try to choose save states on the main menu I get this huge Guru meditation error:
5jNFFA3.jpg

And besides that just about every option on the menu either does nothing, does the wrong thing, or brings up another guru meditation error, making it almost impossible to use. (Also for some reason neither Advance Wars games will work.)
I tried downgrading and switching to the 1.43.1 but absolutely nothing changed and it still had the same errors. Unfortunately I have no idea what version I was on before I updated to 1.44, either. So does anyone know how I can fix this or anything?

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having an issue after switching to your newest update (1.44) in which all of the bottom screen options are scrambled. It's hard to describe, but I'll do my best. <snip>
You "updated" to 1.44 by just copying over the new .plg. There's new text in language.msg, so it's loading from that file with offsets. Re-extract everything.

Enjoy! :)

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You "updated" to 1.44 by just copying over the new .plg. There's new text in language.msg, so it's loading from that file with offsets. Re-extract everything.

Enjoy! :)
I actually didn't change any of the plugin at all, I thought it was unnecessary. What I originally did was cope the new TEMPGBA folder from the new version zip onto my root, then overwrote everything that was there already. After seeing the errors, I then deleted the TEMPGBA folder off my root, and added only the new version from the zip, and still had the same errors.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually didn't change any of the plugin at all, I thought it was unnecessary. What I originally did was cope the new TEMPGBA folder from the new version zip onto my root, then overwrote everything that was there already. After seeing the errors, I then deleted the TEMPGBA folder off my root, and added only the new version from the zip, and still had the same errors.
You also need to copy tempgba.plg, ini and bmp to your card's _dstwoplug folder. The two are linked together.

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Ah so it seems that was my downfall. I just deleted TEMPGBA off my root again, added the new TEMPGBGA folder out of the new zip, and then replaced the plugin files. I guess the new plugin files are necessary! Thanks for the help.

You also need to copy tempgba.plg, ini and bmp to your card's _dstwoplug folder. The two are linked together.
I guess we posted at the same time. But yes I didn't know that and your previous post gave me a hint. Thanks again.

CrvyloOo

Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I am still however having an issue with Advance Wars 1 and 2, the compatibility list says they should work fine, but they just stay at a white screen whenever I load them.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am still however having an issue with Advance Wars 1 and 2, the compatibility list says they should work fine, but they just stay at a white screen whenever I load them.
It was last reported working in beta 12, which is before a very invasive set of changes in beta 15. If you can't get it to work in beta 12 either, please make sure your ROM dump is good before reporting a bug on GitHub (first post for the link).

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just added Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga to the compatibility list. The last version it finally works! Thanks Nebulon.
Edit: wait nope. Game freezes after first fawful battle.

Gamer4life

I am the Orange Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK im sick of this installation program for the 1.44 it installs a bunch of crap and always gets stuck at either some random percent number and wont continue all i want is the darn updated files

2-bias

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
OK im sick of this installation program for the 1.44 it installs a bunch of crap and always gets stuck at either some random percent number and wont continue all i want is the darn updated files
I guess you use the Automatic Download from Filetrip, maybe you should try the Manual Download. Its a zip file with all files, except the bios.

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You don't have to use the automatic downloader from filetrip (I assume you're talking about that), you can also click manual download.
Damn ninjas.

Reactions: Tiger21820
D

Deleted User

Silly question, but would this work on just any flashcard? Or at the very least on a 3DS? I figured the extra power of the 3DS might help.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem is flashcarts that still are supported now only boot into DS mode; so even if they were in a 3DS, the system will down-clock to DS speeds.

It might be possible to make a port of this come time that there is a possibility to run homebrew in 3DS mode, but we are not there yet.

At this point in time, the DStwo itself runs in DS-mode, and has the integrated CPU for added horsepower; but even then it is limited to the rather horrible bus speed between a standard DS cart to the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one