Tempmas 2010 results!

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, finally.

I didnt enter because I accidentally found a guide. fuck that.
frown.gif
It spoiled tempmas for me.
So i just went and tried to get up to the last clue, But cant, because it didnt tell us to put a "-".

laugh.gif
that must have stalled a lot of members.

Anyway, congrats to lolzed! so lucky to get a 3DS so early!

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Fishaman P said:
Personally, I think this was rigged.

First of all, if I wanted to get flashcart files, I wouldn't go to Filetrip, I'd go to the manufacturer's website.
Second, if I got a $50,000 coupon for Shoptemp, I'd say "Holy crap, I've got a virus! I mean, shoptemp doesn't even ship anything anymore."

Just my 2 cents.
It wasn't rigged at all.
This is a GBAtemp Network competition, and the manufacturers aren't part of the network, while FileTrip is. The fact that ShopTemp doesn't ship (and the fact the previous clue said to use the coupon on a shop that isn't active anymore) should have been a clue in itself. Don't question the integrity of the competition just because you couldn't figure it out.

iSneeze

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
It wasn't rigged at all.
This is a GBAtemp Network competition, and the manufacturers aren't part of the network, while FileTrip is. The fact that ShopTemp doesn't ship (and the fact the previous clue said to use the coupon on a shop that isn't active anymore) should have been a clue in itself. Don't question the integrity of the competition just because you couldn't figure it out.

I second ProtoKun7.

Cobalt-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I don't really need the R4i. I've already got a decent flash cart. I was mostly just having fun with the puzzles. Is it possible to let someone else get that?

K

Kurisuellegarden

ProtoKun7 said:
Fishaman P said:

First of all, if I wanted to get flashcart files, I wouldn't go to Filetrip, I'd go to the manufacturer's website.
Second, if I got a $50,000 coupon for Shoptemp, I'd say "Holy crap, I've got a virus! I mean, shoptemp doesn't even ship anything anymore."

Just my 2 cents.
It wasn't rigged at all.

Agreed.
smile.gif
I had no problem with the clues. The shoptemp made it even more obvious with the coupon and I personally only go to filetrip for firmware
smile.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Firstly, I'd just like to say congrats to all the winners, you really did outdo yourselves by being some of the few to successfully finish the trail.
thedicemaster said:
how many people actually completed it?
there were at least 140 legitimate entries to the competition, which means there was a much higher chance of winning than usually - and of those entrants, it was mainly active tempers, as opposed to the usual riffraff of newcomers

Fishaman P said:

Just my 2 cents.
This contest wasn't rigged, as nobody of the judging panel has anything to gain in the process. Plus what you've described isn't a rigged contest, but just your incapability of working out obvious facts and reading the original post.
That said, I hope you enjoyed the frustration of not being able to work out these clues for hours on end.

EDIT:
QUOTE(Cobalt- @ Dec 26 2010, 04:52 PM)
To be honest, I don't really need the R4i. I've already got a decent flash cart. I was mostly just having fun with the puzzles. Is it possible to let someone else get that?
You can probably either request for a redraw, or PM Costello or shaunj66 with a request of where to ship it. If those two fail, you can always just send it off to someone else.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Cobalt- said:

if you want, and the admins allow it, i would like to have the price
biggrin.gif

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Cobalt- said:
PM Costello and ask him to draw another winner to replace you.

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
Fishaman P said:

Just my 2 cents.
You sound a bit mad that you didn't win, bro.
I always go to Filetrip for my firmware - Wood isn't official, after all.

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Magus said:
QUOTE said:
(T)he first clue was obvious but with the last wood firmware 1.20 just released and its misleading poem It was tricky...

yea,that's why i asked if there were fake clue,i tought the poem was the clue! and here's the funny thing... since the poem said that the goblins were waiting for "another world" i tought it was referring to the fact that the last firmware added compatibility to ninokuni (which is also called ninokuni - the another world) so when i went to the ninokuni page i was pissed because i didn't know if i was on the right track or not because the contest was so vague
wacko.gif
i think once again the rule should have been more clear....

also i had a little trouble with clue number 3,i don't understand spoken english very well but i couldn't say that because that would spoil the nature of the clue so it was quite frustating to me.... i would have trascribed what it said,put it into a txt file and put that txt file in the "download" section,that way it also hides the whole thing better since you don't notice one of the podcast has a much shorter description and a lack of download button
I watched "Another World" page a couple of time since his signature was "I'm away...". Further I run after some stupid goblins and lately misunderstood VPN first as "Via PM" and ... send a PM to Shaunj
mellow.gif
unsure.gif
... not to mention I definitively disqualify myself after a misleading search on VPN and a very stupid shout against what I found
wacko.gif

Anyway I was just playing for the fun
toot.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Cobalt- said:
Can I have it?
smile.gif

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cobalt- said:

what about giving it to one of those poor users that have horrible r4 clones like r4i king and others wen i was thinking on entering this i was thinking if i win a r4igold i was going to give the card to someone like that.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
pyrmon24 said:
I'm curious as how they figured out who cheated and who didn't cheat. It's been bugging me for a while...
There were detection measures in place for each clue, also after the results were drawn each winner was manually checked (and we were forced to remove one entry from the list, although not mentioning who) and finally IPs were checked as a safety measure.

Magus

GBATEMP RPG MANIAC
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pyrmon - costello wrote that

QUOTE said:
that clue kept changing, the last one was "TEMPMAS-111084" for example.
tm-hunt-2507, tm-hunt-something, and eventually tempmas-111084.
you can still try it out...

i guess if you followed the TM-HUNT-2507 clue on the last day,that would have shown that you cheated because the clue would have changed....

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, but do those detection measures applied to external sites like youtube? And the VPN site? And Manually check what? Just really curious about the technical side on the contest.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
pyrmon24 said:
Yeah, but do those detection measures applied to external sites like youtube? And the VPN site? And Manually check what? Just really curious about the technical side on the contest.
Recently the footer of all the sites in the GBAtemp network changed to include "Hosted by VPN1EURO Internet Services", and that is as a result of a partnership between the two entities. From there I'm sure you can work out that something was done specially for the contest.
As for YouTube, there was obviously nothing done in that regard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...