Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
(*) - Didn't watch that movie. I kinda put down why I didn't watch it. You can try to convince me to watch it, give it a shot
tongue.gif

Way to go Marvel. Both me and my girlfriend ("we" hereafter) were very satisfied with this movie.

Watched it at a small thather with cheaper ticket price. If you liked the first, this should be good enough in a small movie theatre or DVD.
(I watched the first one on DVD, that was worth every buck)

Didn't watch it. Trailer was whack. My girlfriend digs Rain, but I'm not gonna put down $13 to watch a cameo Korean singer who plays Mongolian racer (AFAIK).
Looked like either a kid movie or a paint commercial. I don't think I even want to rent the DVD, maybe I'll grab some Rain photos from the movie and send them to my girlfriend.

If you've watched the trailer, the movie will be only half fun (if any).
Probably fans of either main characters digged it though. It was just okay.

It was alright. Not as great as before but still an Indy movie, I don't really like Shia so that was kind of a minus.

Oh, we loved it. From start to finish it was full of win (even the credits). Worth every penny and definitely buying on BD.
Half dozen well known actor/esses as voice actor/essses casting was almost worth it; some characters didn't have many lines though.

[title:Don't mess with the Zohan]Don't mess with the viewers. Unless you enjoy watching other man's crotch and some 3rd class middle eastern jokes, avoid it.

Yet to watch, dude that thing is ugly. Can't special effects team make it look like a beast and not gross at the same time? It's 2008, you know. I'll wait for the DVD.

The trailer was quite promising. But just like Fool's Gold and Vegas if the trailer's funny, then the movie's not gonna be. Almost every single funny part from the movie would be on the trailer, you're left with not-funny parts of a comedy movie.

Consider this one a slight exception. This movie will be full of laughs. I haven't watched the original Get Smart TV series, but the movie does a good job in packing the story in a short time.
But if you've watched the trailer, there'll be a few "supposed to be funny but not the second time" scenes.
("Mom mom mom mom" part in the trailer made several people laugh, but the theatre was dead silent during that part in the actual movie)
Still, it has plenty of funny parts even after getting spoiled by the trailer.

We've planned to watch Wall-E this Sunday, and maaaaybe Wanted before Hancock premiers. I'll add them if anybody even reads this.

I thought having spoiler box for each movie would increase readability, if you feel like it's freaking annoying just say so I'll take out the spoiler boxes.

S

ScuberSteve

Watch the Love Guru if you like pop-culture references.
But seriously, it was Mike Myers in modern awesome.

He even made fun of that one time he was with Kanye West talking about Hurricane Katrina.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Go watch The Incredible Hulk. Seriously, I loved it. You aren't going to see it because the Hulk is ugly? What the hell? He's a monsterdude. HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE UGLY.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speed Racer was great. I was VERY excited/interested as soon as it was announced. It was fun, exciting and quite touching (looked over at the wife while in the theater, and she had a little tear roll down her cheek, *cue the Awwwwws now*).

As well, has John Goodman ever had a bad role? Really? Anyone?
(if anyone has a response for this question, hold it back... rhetorical questions, baby! Actually, now i'm curious. Has John Goodman been bad in a role?)

Mmmm, and yes, i REALLY want to see Wanted. LOVED Nightwatch, just saw Daywatch last night (Amazing as well), and i can't wait to see him take a stab at a non mystical (...i know, there's mystical effects... but no werewolves and vampires here
tongue.gif
) flick.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I don't remember if I watched NightWatch or DayWatch, but I watched the second one without watching the first one and it was confusing as heck.
I thought I knew enough about D/NWatch novels, apparently not the movies?

Wanted could be wow, or it could be like "come on"

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a big movie buff. But I definitely appreciated the spoiler tags. then I can read or not what I want to.

P.S. I read the all, I haven't seen any of these, but from their trailers, I have to say that I think agree with you on Vegas, Zohan, ...actually, all of them. Many movies are only worth watching the trailers for and I feel thats the way most of these summer movies come off as.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1