Terraonion MODE - Dreamcast & Saturn ODE

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Great innovation but when you start adding up the costs for a board like this, replacement PSU, quieter cooling solution and a HDMI output you end up in PS5 territory for a pimped out DC.

Anyone use a Shield TV to emulate as its supposed to handle both of these consoles really well with its optimized apps.

playstays_shun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it would've been nicer to price this at half and sell ones specific to dreamcast and others specific to saturn

pretty awesome VA0 is now included in DC set (GDEMU isn't), and a third option to choose between, USBGDROM I think is discontinued manufacturing

and Saturn all of a sudden is crowded: Rhea/Phoebe, Fenrir... Satiator somewhere in the future, and now this. And awesome to have a solder less option

Not to mention flexibility for storage device. even though I prefer SD card.

And a prettier UI since the gdemu/rhea/Phoebe are pretty basic. They've always worked for me though

Love it! Not getting one, but love that it's being offered. I hope its easy to get

Glad to see real competition to GDEMU too, not just the clones circulating.

Last edited by playstays_shun,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think it would've been nicer to price this at half and sell ones specific to dreamcast and others specific to saturn
Looking at the board and what was said it looks like it is not two bits of hardware on one board as much as the DC and Saturn using similar enough protocols that one programmable chip can handle it and also help drive the readers for the various formats.
I don't see how they could then split it (with all the extra support, build and whatever costs) and end up at half price.

Anyway nice looking device. In my case I am probably going to be content with emulation until the whole systems are replicated in FPGA or hard silicon, and then improved, but still very nice to see such things be made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :cry: You arent'? :cry:
    [tells my mom not to send you anymore Christmas presents] :evil: :rofl2: :tpi:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im a minor
    So. I'm a Major
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im under 18
    I'm waaaaaaaaaay over 18. lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that makes you a pedo
    Pedo = 1. child 2. boy 3. ? I forgot. But I wish I were still a "Boy" :sad::cry::cry::cry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant simping over someone under 18 while you are over 18 makes you a pedophile
    And when did I "simp" you?
    Just go make me the darn coffee :angry:
    Tea?
    LoL lmao
    L8er dude. going to watch YT's on the Ukraine/ruskie war.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi,tbh i think im
    not interested in whats going on irl
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    tomorrow's memorial day, so i've been looking for a playlist, but it's all just country and alternative rock
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, memorial day for who?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why the hell can't i find one with a song about the soldiers who died in battle, the very reason we celebrate
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Bake them a cake :ninja:
    +1
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    I can change my name back tomorrow
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, what will your new username be?
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    My original one
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about the actual reasons behind it. For most it's just another reason to get shit faced drunk and spout off hyper-patriotic nonsense. The Trumpers around here going to be out in full force with their trucks and guns and flags making noise all over town. Hard pass.
    +1
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Stayin inside for memorial day. Just like other holidays, most people dont care or think about... +1