Tesla limits Passenger Play feature after U.S. opens investigation

BQwukuZwwwXrg27B9Le2Q6.png

Tesla has implemented some restrictions on its Passenger Play feature after the National Traffic Highway Safety Administration (NTHSA) announced it would begin a preliminary evaluation of its effects on safety. In December of 2019, Tesla rolled out its Tesla Arcade program, that let users play games built into the car on its center touch screen while parked. The program has included many classic arcade and arcade-style games, plus newer releases like Cuphead and Stardew Valley. Around December 2020, however, an update was released that allowed games to be played while in motion, with the only safety measure in place an easily-dismissed pop-up asking players to confirm they are a passenger before beginning the game. Combined with Tesla's controversial Autopilot function, which can handle some degree of driving responsibilities without input from the driver, some safety experts are concerned Teslas will enable drivers to take their hands and eyes off the road while driving.

On December 8, a new Tesla owner named Vince Patton filed a report with the NTHSA after seeing a YouTube video demonstrating the new feature, and testing it out for himself. “I only did it for like five seconds and then turned it off,” said Mr. Patton. “I’m astonished. To me, it just seems inherently dangerous.” On December 21, the NTHSA's Office of Defects Investigation began its preliminary evaluation of the situation. However, by December 23, the NTHSA had confirmed in statements to The Associated Press and Teslerati that Tesla was changing the feature so it could once again only be activated while parked.

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You were saying
You are completely right of course. I never meant to say lithium batteries cannot catch fire or do not react with water. I was just too lazy to search through all your half-truth bullshit posts for the post I actually was refering to. But here it is:
How many cars gonna blow up before the firefighters can dump enough CO2 and chemical extinguisher to Put it out.

Study your alkalai metals group, very reactive stuff
Here you are just dumping facts you learned from YouTube or some other more " enlightened" video service together not knowing whether they are actually comparable or related to another.
This does not mean any of the facts alone are wrong but you are constructing a result you want from them without understanding it at all.
And don't bother answering I will not reply again in this topic.

Unrelated note: It is clear you are a bit distanced towards new things, but maybe you should try the edit button one in a while instead of triple posting. You might actually like it, who knows...

Ah this came in:

Dremel is much faster if you got steady hands

This just proves my statement about you mixing everything you find and like into your wanted result.

Reactions: IncredulousP

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delta-8 thc exists, get a vape cart
Fuck delta-8, I've done enough of it to know that it's garbage, and I'll take the real deal over it any day. My plan if I ever do get pulled over is to argue that i was told it was delta-8. But seriously I hate that shit, tried delta-10 too which was supposed to be stronger than 8, but it's still trash too. Also in general I hate vaping and will only do it if actual smoke simply isn't available.

Deleted member 668561

GBAtemp Official Psychonaut
Banned
Trophies
somewhere within 4 dimensional space-time
XP
Country
United States
You are completely right of course. I never meant to say lithium batteries cannot catch fire or do not react with water. I was just too lazy to search through all your half-truth bullshit posts for the post I actually was refering to. But here it is:

Here you are just dumping facts you learned from YouTube or some other more " enlightened" video service together not knowing whether they are actually comparable or related to another.
This does not mean any of the facts alone are wrong but you are constructing a result you want from them without understanding it at all.
And don't bother answering I will not reply again in this topic.

Unrelated note: It is clear you are a bit distanced towards new things, but maybe you should try the edit button one in a while instead of triple posting. You might actually like it, who knows...

Ah this came in:

This just proves my statement about you mixing everything you find and like into your wanted result.

Quit cherry picking my posts to fit your narrative

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ummm no, he bought the name for $75k from some random in Sacremento who trademarked it sometime in the 90s. It was supposed to be a nod to the Scientist, nothing more

It'd suck if tesla has remaining family, as they can sue for using their and tesla's likeness

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It'd suck if tesla has remaining family, as they can sue for using their and tesla's likeness
Thing is, Tesla never had a serious relationship and died single. He even claimed that it was his lack of interest in finding a mate that helped him be so great in his fields and studies, allowing for his mind to stay focused on his scientific endeavors and not be distracted with sex and relationships.

So, if Tesla had family today to be upset at for the use of his name, they likely would have nothing to be upset at because Tesla would not have done and discovered many of the great things that made his name of interest to the likes of Elon to use today.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thing is, Tesla never had a serious relationship and died single. He even claimed that it was his lack of interest in finding a mate that helped him be so great in his fields and studies, allowing for his mind to stay focused on his scientific endeavors and not be distracted with sex and relationships.

So, if Tesla had family today to be upset at for the use of his name, they likely would have nothing to be upset at because Tesla would not have done and discovered many of the great things that made his name of interest to the likes of Elon to use today.
You know he could have had a brother or sister who actually did get laid

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know he could have had a brother or sister who actually did get laid
At that point I don't care what the extended family has to say. Oh your great great uncle's name is being used against your wishes... so? What do you as a great great nephew have to do with that? Such a person would just be looking for a payday, and I say fuck that kind of person.

Deleted member 668561

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At that point I don't care what the extended family has to say. Oh your great great uncle's name is being used against your wishes... so? What do you as a great great nephew have to do with that? Such a person would just be looking for a payday, and I say fuck that kind of person.

If tesla himself could still speak what do you think he'd have to say

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If tesla himself could still speak what do you think he'd have to say
See, now you're getting back to the direct family which I do put much more stock in, especially for the man himself. Still he's long dead so it's a moot point. Plus again, I think to some extent he might be pleased to see that it's helping to bring his name back into people's minds after he almost felt to be erased from history while Edison of all people was being celebrated. Sure there are better ways to do the name honor, but it's at least nice to see it start bouncing back.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, the only thing people remember Edison for the light bulb which is powered via tesla's alternating current not Edison's DC power, oh and the record player, which doesn't have the same market share it once did, which also used electronic motors iirc designed by tesla
See that's what's so crazy about it, Tesla did so many more and better things, yet in the many years since he died, until Elon came along, Tesla was not a well known name, while the average Joe was aware of Edison.

Reactions: Jonna

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1