Homebrew [Testers needed] Injecting apps to H&S on a GW downgraded NAND

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh I see, sorry! As you can tell most of the time I'm doing this is at 2-4 in the morning in my area. Thanks to my newborn who is having health issues and needs to be watched at night I have a lot of sleepless free time. Tired + a lot of thinking = brain farts.

One other question: should I dump the CTRNAND again onto this new sd card and defrag it? Or should I transfer the one from before?
Don't worry, it's alright :). And, no need to bother. Just use the one from before, maybe you even still have the defragged one? Also, no worries, nothing can go wrong as long as you do everything on EmuNAND, and if everything is fine after testing it there, you just have to repeat the steps for SysNAND.

Reactions: AerGolem55

AerGolem55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if this works and I go to do it on SysNAND how do I switch it back. I'm sorry, I'm not understanding how to know when I'm in Emu or Sys. I vaguely remember something way before saying to switch the theme for one of them when you separate them so you know which one you're in. I know 4.2 doesn't have themes, though.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now if this works and I go to do it on SysNAND how do I switch it back. I'm sorry, I'm not understanding how to know when I'm in Emu or Sys. I vaguely remember something way before saying to switch the theme for one of them when you separate them so you know which one you're in. I know 4.2 doesn't have themes, though.
As I said, I can't help with CFW, especially not on O3DS and < 9.0. You need to try and get that information from somewhere else.

AerGolem55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that's right. I'm sorry I keep getting turned around. Thank you though.

I'm going to try injecting it and see what happens!

AerGolem55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey d0k3!

Sorry for the late response, lots of stuff happening. I did get a chance to do what you said and it worked! I injected it into the SysNAND after success in EmuNAND and have things starting to rock and roll. It's a bit difficult doing everything in 15 minute spurts. Easy to lose my place without notes.

Anyways thank you again, you're immensely knowledgeable in this and a were a great help. I truly respect someone like you who can selflessly help and guide even an idiot like me.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey d0k3!

Sorry for the late response, lots of stuff happening. I did get a chance to do what you said and it worked! I injected it into the SysNAND after success in EmuNAND and have things starting to rock and roll. It's a bit difficult doing everything in 15 minute spurts. Easy to lose my place without notes.

Anyways thank you again, you're immensely knowledgeable in this and a were a great help. I truly respect someone like you who can selflessly help and guide even an idiot like me.
I'm glad it worked! Just don't ever use any shady GW features on that 3DS' NAND again ;).

AerGolem55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's crazy how much the 3ds scene has changed from when everyone was sure you had to spend upwards of $100 on a gateway or sky3ds flashcart. I'm just glad I waited!

Marty526

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to provide some info on this since it took me a while to find out what to do. I was having the same issue a lot of people were having when trying to Dump H&S App and getting the APP0 not found or fragmented error. I did downgrade my O3DS to 4.5 with Gateway so I am assuming thats what caused the issue from what I have read.

I did follow the exact steps in this thread and dumped my CTRNAND.bin (from sysnand) and I used the defrag tools listed (OSFmount to mount bin)(Defraggler to defrag) Everything went well and when trying to use Windows scndsk, I did get the error about converting lost chains to files. I did not pick Y or N, I just closed cmd completely. I took the risk of injecting the defragged file on sysnand and it worked perfectly.

Thank you so much for this!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3