Thanks LSD, now I can never actually take LSD...

Danny Tanner

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
...not that I was planning on it. But you know how they say that dropping acid can make you go crazy or have really scary hallucinations depending what's on your mind? Well, I can't take the risk now that I've played this PSX game I stumbled upon a week or so back called LSD- Dream Emulator. It's a (J) only release, supposedly built upon the concept of a ten year long dream diary of one of the developers. Now why would this prevent someone from taking LSD? Because it's like playing through a bad acid trip, and the prospect of remembering what you've seen and living it IRL is enough to scare anyone straight.

Maybe it's just me, but early 3D graphics are pretty creepy. And this game makes an effort to be creepy on it's own. Add to that that it's first person, and you never know what's lurking around the corner, or how you'll randomly "link" to a new location and never know what's going to pop up. Everything about this game is unsettling. Want proof? Here are some pictures of the 'characters.' Keep in mind that you knew these were coming, and aren't immersed in gameplay, and they're still whacked.
Head with arms and legs:
ManArmsLegs.jpg

"Huge Man"
HugeMan.jpg

Trippy Room full of floating fetuses:
Fetuses.jpg

Marching Soldiers:
Soldiers.jpg

Sumo Wrestlers:
Sumo.jpg

Yeah... I hyperlinked those, so to feel less like a dick, feel free to find more info on this game, including those pictures here.

It's a trip, and I'd assume this game isn't widely known, since my whole life is on the internet and I haven't seen this till now
wink.gif

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Those images aren't too creepy. I'd like to see another variation of this game on a more powerful system, maybe the PS3? Then, maybe it will work. I'm kind of curious about this game now.

Thanks.

(The only thing that affected me was the head with legs and arms.)

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it means anything, I never saw anything even remotely this odd while on LSD.....

(though I will be looking into this game now. Thank you.)

Danny Tanner

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lol, well, I really have no experience with LSD, I was just going with the stereotypical things you hear (although I've never heard them from a real life person, mostly just movies, hahaha).

To put things in perspective, even a game like Star Fox 64 gets under my skin a little, in a dark room by myself. Something about those low poly counts... So imagine my surprise when I try crossing a bridge in this game and a huge low poly hand comes out!
ohmy.gif

Also, I forgot to mention these two things:
1. There are film sequences in this game that use live action film. They trigger seemingly randomly, and make about as much sense as the rest of the game.
2. You don't need to know Japanese to enjoy this game. The menus are mostly in english. Sometimes a splash screen in Japanese comes up, so you'll miss out on those. The strangest thing I found so far was a signpost with Korean writing in game, so I suppose even the Japanese are left in the dark for some portions of this.

D

Deleted_171835

Freaky.

The floating fetuses scared me. Ugh. I don't have the 'guts' to play this game.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Vulpes Abnocto said:
If it means anything, I never saw anything even remotely this odd while on LSD.....

(though I will be looking into this game now. Thank you.)

^^ Exactly what Vulpes said. I've taken lots of LSD, and sometimes lots in one go lol, and never ever seen anything like that. Had a couple of auditory hallucinations and the odd pattern shifting experience but never anything like that. Mostly what I did was laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh, and laugh... well, you get the idea.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dear god... Why would such a game ever exist? Not that I don't like it, but it really freaks me out. I agree with you, as low poly figures really creep me out. Especially when they make something scary on purpose. Thanks for showing me that, I might see if I can actually play it soon!

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's fucking awesome. I think i've read about that game in a magazine. In other news I was just saying how cool it would be to have the GBATEMP mascot printed on LSD blotter tabs

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
It seems actually pretty interesting. One thing I've got to give this - when you SLEEP under the effects of certain hallucinatory drugs, dreams ARE fucked up. Really, really fucked up. Some of the guys who've tried LSD and stuff might wanna try that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la