Country
Estonia
Game Name: Rilakkuma Nakayoshi Collection // リラックマ なかよしコレクション

Developer/Publisher: Rocket Company
Release: 2014
Genre: Action, Misc

Does it have lots of text?
I think so.
Why I don't think this will come out in the West?
Because it's an old game.
What is it about?
You basically take care of Rilakkuma and his friends, get points for it and you can use those points in the store to buy things for the house. There are also minigames.
Popularity in Japan:
While the game isn't really popular, the character itself is.

Screenshots:
81PfreXmv1L._SX522_.jpg
51Vw1IeQoiL._SX385_.jpg

Videos:

Couldn't find any.
Why I think it needs to be translated?
Because Rilakkuma and it's just a wholesome fun time.
What I can do to help:
Translation. While I am not fluent in Japanese, I can still translate basic things.

• Love
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie
D

Deleted User

To post requests, try the Japanese version first yourself.
Then prepare a nice attractive overview of the game, why it won't be officially localized, and why it should be translated because it's good and has lots of qualities (you'll talk about) and not simply "I like it/millions like it/people ask for it", how you can help, lots of shiny images ...

You need to spend time to convince potential translators and get them to be interested and fall in love with the game. A one line "please translate this" you spent 5 seconds writings won't convince them to spend months trying to reverse-engineer/translate it.

It may even make them hate that game and that's one less translator, less chances for a translation and you wouldn't like that. Would you?

DON'T ADD THE GAME HERE UNLESS IT...
Doesn't have another working English fan-translation project HERE (CHECK THIS LIST)
Wasn't already announced for US/PAL localization
Was released in Japan (or native country) since more than one year (12 months)

COPY THIS AND FILL IT
Game Name: ..........
Developer/Publisher: .......
Release: ........
Genre: ......

What is it about?
Popularity in Japan:
Screenshots:
Videos:
What I can do to help:

HOW YOU DON'T POST REQUESTS

Hi could you translate Naruto no Kiseki, Sora no Kiseki 1 and all, thx u a lot

It did, but i don't like it and want it to be all retranslated

It's announced but I can't wait 4 months! I need that patch now!
Videos:
Look up "the name of the game" on youtube, there is a lot of gameplay -

I'm too lazy to choose a proper video and do research for a game *I* requested, do it yourself you lazy bum and quick with that translation I want it before June
What I can do to help: I ordered a flashcard today to play roms, so I can test the translation

Your request needs to be nicely presented, attractive, CONVINCING.

Play the Japan-only game yourself. Try it. Guides, videos and similar games in English to help yourself.
Then write your PERSONAL impressions.
Don't request shitty games just so that you try it 5 minutes then throw it out in disgust. You'd be then an asshole. And shitty games WON'T be translated anyways when no one like them.
Don't copy from WIKIPEDIA / NEWS ARTICLES. That WILL make people hate you, your request and your game.
idk I cant find an english translation for TC:NL (tomodachi collection: new life)

SaddQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Any chance of someone doing the DQ 1, 2 and 3 games? I don't have a Switch and am guessing that the Switch's script might be easily transferable to the 3DS versions.

Nicky P

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name:
Tomodachi Collection: New Life

Developer/Publisher:
Nintendo

Release:

Genre:

Yes
Game Name:
Tomodachi Collection: New Life

Developer/Publisher:
Nintendo

Release:

Genre:

Yes

It already has a localized version that's different.

What is it about?
You make Miis and give them clothes, houses, etc.

Popularity in Japan:
It sold really well.

Screenshots:
gfs_228298_2_22.jpg

large.jpg

Videos:

It has features that the western version doesn't, like the rooftop, different song genres, choosing a background for your concert, etc.

What I can do to help:
I'm still studying Japanese but I could help with basic translations and I can help with testing also.

It already has a localized version that's different.

What is it about?
You make Miis and give them clothes, houses, etc.

Popularity in Japan:
It sold really well.

Screenshots:
gfs_228298_2_22.jpg

large.jpg

Videos:

It has features that the western version doesn't, like the rooftop, different song genres, choosing a background for your concert, etc.

What I can do to help:
I'm still studying Japanese but I could help with basic translations and I can help with testing also.

Why do we need a translation of a game that already came out 7 years ago in the US? I've played the Japanese version and it's the exact same game as the English version, minus things like Food, the exclusion of 2 song genres but the inclusion of Enka and a tiny bit of different clothing. The rooftop functions the exact same as the Observation Tower. There's no real reason to translate a game that's already come out in the west...

Nohathas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see there's already been a request for Puzzle and Dragons X. Out of curiosity, has anyone taken up this translation?

punkyrule

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
It's been a while since I have posted in the forums and since the 3DS is almost a legacy console at this point (but still my fave console to play in my spare time), might as well post these translation requests that have not been requested yet.

--- 1 ---
Game Name: Super Robot Taisen BX 3DS
Developer/Publisher: Banpresto/Namco Bandai Games
Release: August 20, 2015
Genre: Strategy/Tactical RPG
Yes. The SRT series have been a text-heavy game ever since.
No new games will come out on the 3DS ever again? This might be the same answer to all my requests.
What is it about?
Super Robot Wars BX is the second Super Robot Wars to be developed for the Nintendo 3DS. It once again brings back the amazing cutscenes during battle which is the signature of the series.
Since its last appearance in Super Robot Wars Destiny, BX marks the return of Universal Century Gundam back to SRW for a Nintendo-handheld system, though like Super Robot Wars UX did with Kouji Kabuto, BX is the first licensed-SRW to exclude Amuro Ray in a game containing the Universal Century.
Notably, this game is the first time the Eldoran Series (represented by Rajin-Oh) and the Brave Series (represented by GaoGaiGar) collaborate for a Super Robot Wars installment. Also, Raijin-Oh makes its first 2D SRW appearance, as it was exclusively on 3D-based installments.

Popularity in Japan:
SRT games are BIG in Japan. They have a life-size Gundam for God's sake.
Screenshots:
srtbx.jpg
srtbx2.jpg
srtbx3.jpg

Videos:

It's an SRT game. Nuff said.
What I can do to help:
I have no knowledge about hacking or translating. I could probably get involved in the proofreading/testing part since I still have my modded 3DS with me all the time.

--- 2 ---
Game Name: Hero Bank 1/ Hero Bank 2
Developer/Publisher: Sega/Sega
Release: March 20, 2014/November 27, 2014
Genre: Action RPG
Yes. It's a text-heavy RPG.
No new games will come out on the 3DS ever again? This might be the same answer to all my requests.
What is it about?
In this world, players participate in "Hero Battles" using Bankfon Gs, which allows them to rent powerful hero suits and fight battles against other players, receiving power boosts from the public. Kaito Gōshō, a young elementary school student who is always eager to help others, ends up hastily signing a contract to rent the powerful hero suit, Enter the Gold, from a mysterious priest named Sennen. However, he soon learns that this suit comes with a debt of 10 billion yen, which Kaito must now payback by winning Hero Battles.
An anime television series adaptation by TMS Entertainment began airing on April 7, 2014 and ended on March 30, 2015.

Popularity in Japan:
Dunno about the game's reception in Japan but the anime was pretty good.
Screenshots:
hb11.jpg
hb12.jpg
hb21.jpg
hb22.jpg

Videos:

I just found this one review from rpgamer.com, rating it a 3.5/5. I just saw some gameplay clips of it, and it seems like a fun action RPG.
What I can do to help:
I have no knowledge about hacking or translating. I could probably get involved in the proofreading/testing part since I still have my modded 3DS with me all the time.

--- 3 ---
Game Name: Metal Max 4: Gekkō no Diva/ Metal Max 4: Diva of the Moonlight
Developer/Publisher: Cattle Call, 24Frame/ Kadokawa Games
Release: November 07, 2013
Genre: Open-world/ Vehicle-combat RPG
Yes. It's another text-heavy RPG. Metal Max 3 (DS) was also recently translated to English.
What is it about?
The story took place 50 years after the destruction of human civilizations by the mad supercomputer Noah. The protagonist (default name "Hinata") is a young boy who is living peacefully with his foster sister Sasha and foster father Gib in the desert islands. One day, a group of mysterious bandits attacked their island. The protagonist and Sasha escaped but Gib gets abducted.
Sasha tells the protagonist that Gib and he were "Hot Seeds". The project of sealing human survivors in hibernation chambers since 50 years ago, in order to preserve mankind and restore the human civilization after the "Great Destruction". Sasha reveals herself to be an android tasked to protect both Gib and the protagonist.

Popularity in Japan:
Famitsu awarded the game a 35/40. Metal Max is one of those beloved series in Japan that never gets an English release. Only the first Metal Max (NES) and Metal Max Xeno (PSvita and PS4) have been localized.
Screenshots:
mm1.jpg
mm2.jpg
mm3.jpg

Videos:

I just found this review from rpgamer.com, rating it a 4.5/5 because of its strong emphasis on exploration, lots of variety in combat, crazy fun design choices, tons of integral content and great camera function.
What I can do to help:

--- 4 ---
Game Name: Sekaiju to Fushigi no Dungeon 2
Developer/Publisher: Spike-Chunsoft/ Atlus
Release: August 31, 2017
Genre: Dungeon-crawler RPG
Yes. Maybe as long as the first game which was localized and released in 2015, Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon (3DS,).
What is it about?
A spin-off of the Etrian Odyssey series and a sequel to Etrian Mystery Dungeon. Like its predecessor, it is a crossover with Spike Chunsoft's Mystery Dungeon series.
Popularity in Japan:
Etrian Odyssey games are big in Japan, just not sure about this spin-off. The first game did get good scores on Japanese review sites.
Screenshots:
eo1.jpg
eo2.jpg
eo3.jpg

Videos:

I read somewhere that this was a better version of the previous game with some QoL improvements... and because it's an Etrian Odyssey game.
What I can do to help:

Last edited by punkyrule,

FM_Wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Game Name: Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary
Developer/Publisher: SEGA, Sonic Team
Release: December 15, 2011 (Nintendo 3DS Version)
Genre: "falling block puzzle game"

Yes, it does. Most notably the Adventure Mode, Lessons Mode, and Popoi's Shop.
At this point the Nintendo 3DS is basically dead, and SEGA didn't gave a chance to release any 3DS Puyo Puyo localized game, during the Puyo Puyo Tetris localization impact. You could say that it was too late to be localized.
What is it about?
Puyo Puyo!! 20th Anniversary is the second anniversary game in the series (the first one being Puyo Puyo!! 15th Anniversary), sharing similarities with said game. In this game, you get a bunch of different rules to have fun with, some returning ones (SUN, Puyo Puyo 2, Original, Fever), and some new ones (Gust, Slots, Mini Excavation Puyo, Active, etc.). The game tells the story, as a direct sequel to Puyo Puyo 7, in which Ringo, Maguro and Risukuma, gets blown to another world, because of Ris' gone-wrong experiment. The new cast is now trapped in Primp Town, with a bunch of familiar faces such as Amitie and Arle Nadja. At this point, the Adventure mode divides itself in different stories, depending of which character you choose.
Popularity in Japan:
Puyo Puyo is a pretty popular franchise in Japan, being as popular as other franchises like Pokémon and Kirby. While 20th Anniversary was not good at sales, it surely was a pretty good game, even being considered by many fans as "highly-recommended" to check it out.
Screenshots:
puyo1-noscale.jpg

unnamed.png

unnamed (1).png

Videos:

Thanks to the popularity of the Nintendo DS English Fan-Translation meda by Precise Museum, and the current "barely-finished" state of the Puyo Puyo Chronicle English Fan-Translation, this version of the game should get the same treatment of getting it's own translation. Also, the 3DS version is far superior to the DS version, having some little additives with the camera, better sound and image quality, voice acting, and extra bonuses, but it was never translated. This could also be an opportunity to use the official localized names of certain characters in these translations, such as "Dark Prince".
What I can do to help:
Mostly a revision of the Precise Museum and FlareHabanero English Translation of Story Mode, so it can be in-pair to the Puyo Puyo Tetris English localization. If possible, and if people is willing to support, i can also work in a full Spanish translation of the game, but mostly Text.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

J-Lin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name: Tomodachi Collection: Shin Seikatsu//トモダチコレクション: 新生活

Developer/Publisher: Nintendo SPD
Release: April 18th, 2013
Genre: Life Simulation

Indeed
It was localized already.
What is it about?
You basically take care of an Island and the islanders, get points for it and you can use those points in the store to buy things for the house. There are also minigames. Your Miis can also fall in love, get married, and have children.
Popularity in Japan:
The game along with its predecessor sold quite well.

Screenshots:

Attachments

• 81B-h2cSxDL._AC_SX522_.jpg
    81B-h2cSxDL._AC_SX522_.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 1 (1).png
    1 (1).png
    180.4 KB · Views: 96
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 89

eadmaster

Trophies
Website
eadmaster.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Game Name: Crayon Shin-Chan Uchuu DE Achoo!? Yuujoo no Obakarate!!
Developer/Publisher: Inti Creates/Bandai namco
Release: Dec 01, 2011
Genre: platformer

no.

It was released more than 10 years ago and remained a platform-exclusive.

What is it about?
Cute platformer with chars from the Crayon Shin-Chan anime series.

Popularity in Japan:
The anime is quite popular afaik, with lots of films and games released.
This entry received a "8/8/7/7" score on Famitsu.

Screenshots:
pa.205746.1.png

pa.205746.2.png

pa.205746.3.png

Videos:

Easier walkthrough by fully understanding the given instructions.

What I can do to help:
I will play it completely and report any bugs with the translation.

Last edited by eadmaster,

eadmaster

Trophies
Website
eadmaster.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
Game Name: Crayon Shin-Chan Gekiatsu! Oden wa Rudo Dai Konran!!
Developer/Publisher: FuRyu
Release:
November 30, 2017
Genre: platformer

no.

It was released almost 5 years ago and remained a platform-exclusive.

What is it about?
Cute platformer with chars from the Crayon Shin-Chan anime series.

Popularity in Japan:
high?

Screenshots:
crayon-shin-chan-gekiatsu-oden-wa-rudo-dai-konran-539329.1.png

crayon-shin-chan-gekiatsu-oden-wa-rudo-dai-konran-539329.2.png

Videos:

Easier walkthrought by fully understanding the given instructions.

What I can do to help:
I will play it completely and report any bugs with the translation.

kuxip

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game Name: Aikatsu! Cinderella Lesson (アイカツ! シンデレラレッスン)
Developer/Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
Release: November 15, 2012
Genre: Rhythm/JRPG

Yes, 100%. There are aspects that are definitely similar to being a visual novel, so not being able to play it translated in English is really missing a lot of the "story" and these aspects of the games.

It has been almost 10 years since it's release, and Aikatsu is so incredibly niche that even the 400+ episode anime has not gotten an official English translation. This, and also the fact that the Aikatsu games are extremely girly games. These kinds of games are unfortunately seldom translated.

What is it about?
It's a rhythm JRPG based around the concept of being an Idol, and doing Aikatsu! (aidoru katsudou, or idol activites). You get to make your own idol insert for the game and play as her.
The main game is a rhythm game, but it also has a lot of cute mini games such as decorating nails, putting makeup on idols, playing piano, etc. You get to become friends with beloved anime idols (like Ichigo Hoshimiya) and do idol activities with them, which to me just fills my inner child!
There's a really cool aspect of the game where you use "Aikatsu Cards", and they actually exist in real life. You can scan them into your game, and actually have your character wear the outfits that are on the cards! It's pretty laid back, but honestly.. I may be biased, but this stupid little game is actually a lot of fun and I really enjoy it.

Popularity in Japan:
While I can't speak specifically for this game, Idol anime and games have increasingly grown in popularity in Japan, including Aikatsu. Aikatsu has had several anime series, one of them running from about 2012-2016. There have also been several movies for those series. In fact, a new Aikatsu movie just released in July this year! There is an incredible amount of different medias for it, including Manga, 3DS games, Arcade machines, Aikatsu cards, etc. Over the years there have even been Aikatsu themed pop-up cafes/or food items in restaurants. It's a shame that it's not more popular in the US.

Screenshots:
Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_4.png

Videos:

I personally believe that a lot of the super girly kids games are slowly dying out, not only becoming harder to find but almost not even existing in English spaces. I have done a lot of research and I am yet to find a single English guide for any of the Aikatsu games. I started watching Aikatsu when I was about 12-13, and have essentially grown up with it. It's a very passionate love for me..
There is a certain mini-game that is essentially a quiz, and unfortunately is TIMED. This one is excruciating/almost impossible to play without an English translation because you can't read what the question or answers are, and there is not enough time to look through a dictionary or use a translator. Luckily it IS a kids game so it uses very simple language/not much kanji (and most kanji have furigana attached), but someone who has no knowledge/very very little knowledge of Japanese most likely won't be able to get past some parts.
I want to share these games with the world!

What I can do to help:
I am not extremely well versed with game design/or coding, but if there are any still images/PNGs I can definitely help with any editing or art that needs to be done! I am not well enough versed in Japanese to be able to translate >w<z

Thank you, I am excited just thinking about the idea of this getting translated!! I have ROMs for the Aikatsu games as well as a physical copy with a Japanese 3DS hahah I just love them so much

DragoniteChamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I hope this is ok to ask here, but does anyone know what's going on with the Atelier Rorona 3DS translation? I've done a bit of searching here and I haven't found anything on it.

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Game Name: Cardfight Vanguard: Ride to Victory
Developer/Publisher: FuRyu
Release: April 11th, 2013
Genre: Strategy

probably
i don,t know but we haven't got rest of cardfight vanguard games
What is it about?
  • There are more than 1,000 cards going up to Booster Set 9: Clash of the Knights & Dragons, including Promo Cards.
  • Features in-game tutorials on how to play Cardfight.
  • Players may choose from six original characters. The types are Hotblooded, Cool, and Dark. Each type will have a male and a female to suit the player's preferences.
    • Hotblooded - Ryouta Hida (male)/Megumi Hanasaki (female)
    • Cool - Satoru Hongou (male)/Sayaka Ninomiya (female)
    • Dark - Kyouya Ichijou (male)/Luna Tsukishiro (female)
  • Wireless and WiFi Matches.
  • Players will be able to start the game using one of the available Trial Decks (01-07).
  • The story mode occurs from the Season 1 until end of the Season 2.
Popularity in Japan:
probably great
Screenshots:
1667090056834.png
1667090092686.png

Videos:

i think it deserves to be translated since cardfight vanguard has some fans
What I can do to help:
i don,t know because im not a hacker

Pokemonfan6498

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Game Name: Digimon Universe Appli Monsters (デジモンユニバース アプリモンスターズ Dejimon Yunibāsu Apuri Monsutāzu)
Developer/Publisher: Bandai Namco Games
Release: December 1, 2016
Genre: RPG

It has
Because we did not got that game even after anime announced on cruncyroll
What is it about?
The Protagonist is a teenager whose friend Naoto has been distant recently. Trying to reconnect with their friend, the Protagonist receives an App Drive from a vending machine, and meets Onmon. Learning about the Cyber Arena, the Protagonist decides to become its champion.
Popularity in Japan:
Decent
Screenshots:
1667230029523.png
1667230049113.png
1667230079951.png

Videos:

It looks good and gameplay is decent plus we didn,t had any other digimon game translated aside digimon world Re: Digitize Decode
What I can do to help:

• Love
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

PikachuPrincess23

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Game name: Starry☆Sky ~in Summer~ 3D
Developer/Publisher: honeybee
Release: 2013-06-27
Genre: Otome Game

Info about game: The second of the four Starry Sky games starring the characters from the drama CD's of the same name.

Starry Sky takes place at Seigatsu Gakuen, a school which specializes in horoscopes, astronomy and other related topics. The main characters are all based on horoscopes.

Starry Sky Summer features Homare Kanakubo (Taurus), Ryuunosuke Miyaji (Scorpio) and Azusa Kinose (Sagittarius).

I have always dreamt Starry Sky in Summer would get translation in English along with other serie.
I really enjoy playing Starry in Spring in English a lot.

Reactions: Rizuu

Rizuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name: Girl's RPG: Cinderellife
Developer/Publisher:
Level-5
Release: March 8, 2012
Genre: Life Simulation, Fashion game

Yes, mostly speech bubbles
The game is controversial in Japan, due to the game having you become a hostess
What is it about?
It's a modern Cinderella story where you, a plain girl, is trying to find a magical lucky butterfly and true love. You become a hostess, speaking to clients to meet your goals through dialogue, mini games, and dressing up. The outfits in the game are very cute and there's a lot of variety in hair and dresses. I played through it a bit too, though I don't know any Japanese.
Popularity in Japan:
It sold 9,519 copies in its first week and 31% of it's shipment to stores.
Screenshots:
image.jpg
8.jpg
image1-e1427395887265.jpg
girls10.jpg
girls11.jpg

Videos:

Fans of Style Savvy and fashion games would most likely enjoy this game. Level-5 clearly doesn't want to translate it due to the topic they used in the game (hostesses) even if the game is rated 15+. Not only that, the game released in 2012, so it's been plenty of time for the game to be localized, just for Level-5 not to do so.
What I can do to help:
I can help proofread and test the patch for the game. My 3DS is homebrewed.

Last edited by Rizuu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto