The BIG Football Thread

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Those Schalke - Real goals are unbelievable! Both the Huntelaar goal and the one from Bale, wow.

I'm actually starting to believe the 100 million transfer of Bale was a good decision after all!

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Those Schalke - Real goals are unbelievable! Both the Huntelaar goal and the one from Bale, wow.

I'm actually starting to believe the 100 million transfer of Bale was a good decision after all!
Let me help you out of your dream; spending a 100 million euros on any player is too much and just shows how corrupted football has gotten with all it's sheiks and oil barons buying clubs as if they are their personal toys.
Just look at the whackjob that runs Cardiff City right now and you know this is just plain wrong. here's a link to get an idea of how mad those guys are: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...layers-with-number-eight-in-their-birthdates/

I hope my club Ajax will never succumb to these filthy rich demons who ruin football.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Let me help you out of your dream; spending a 100 million euros on any player is too much and just shows how corrupted football has gotten with all it's sheiks and oil barons buying clubs as if they are their personal toys.
Just look at the whackjob that runs Cardiff City right now and you know this is just plain wrong. here's a link to get an idea of how mad those guys are: http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...layers-with-number-eight-in-their-birthdates/

I hope my club Ajax will never succumb to these filthy rich demons who ruin football.

Ah yes, the Cardif Maleysian dude, I know about him already. Funny guy to say the least, unless you're a Cardiff fan of course....
Yeah that's fucked up, it truly is. But the biggest transfers (Neymar/Bale/CR07) are all done by top teams who are not owned by Sheiks and Russian oil bosses. That's a big difference IMHO, it pleases me to see players still choose actual GOOD teams above a higher paycheck (in some cases). I'd take Real/Barca anytime above Monaco or fucking Anzhi.

Also, Bale will probably pay his 100 million fee back in shirt sales alone, maybe even in 2014 already.
That 100 million originated from European help though, help the EU gave to Spain to help them with the bank crisis. Very sad it ended up being used for Bale, that is demonic

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah yes, the Cardif Maleysian dude, I know about him already. Funny guy to say the least, unless you're a Cardiff fan of course....
Yeah that's fucked up, it truly is. But the biggest transfers (Neymar/Bale/CR07) are all done by top teams who are not owned by Sheiks and Russian oil bosses. That's a big difference IMHO, it pleases me to see players still choose actual GOOD teams above a higher paycheck (in some cases). I'd take Real/Barca anytime above Monaco or fucking Anzhi.

Also, Bale will probably pay his 100 million fee back in shirt sales alone, maybe even in 2014 already.
That 100 million originated from European help though, help the EU gave to Spain to help them with the bank crisis. Very sad it ended up being used for Bale, that is demonic
I know Bale will bring the money back for them, but I still think they should stop paying these absurd amounts for players and don't forget the ridiculous salaries they make.
These people earn so much many they don't even know what to do with it, just look at Balotelli, for instance, although he is quite a whackjob.
The UEFA and FIFA should be the ones enforcing financial fair play, but as of yet it's just a scheme to keep the smaller clubs happy, while in fact nothing is being done about the big clubs financial craze. They just hire some guys to do a little creative book keeping and suddenly clubs aren't in debt, but they're making money while they just spent hundreds of millions on players and salaries.
The UEFA and FIFA should make a stand, but considering how corrupt they are and with Platini following in Blatter's foot steps, I don't see any changes coming anytime soon.

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
They did well to make it that far, maybe with more squad depth they could have gone further. Respect to them though.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I know Bale will bring the money back for them, but I still think they should stop paying these absurd amounts for players and don't forget the ridiculous salaries they make.
These people earn so much many they don't even know what to do with it, just look at Balotelli, for instance, although he is quite a whackjob.
The UEFA and FIFA should be the ones enforcing financial fair play, but as of yet it's just a scheme to keep the smaller clubs happy, while in fact nothing is being done about the big clubs financial craze. They just hire some guys to do a little creative book keeping and suddenly clubs aren't in debt, but they're making money while they just spent hundreds of millions on players and salaries.
The UEFA and FIFA should make a stand, but considering how corrupt they are and with Platini following in Blatter's foot steps, I don't see any changes coming anytime soon.
Oh boy, don't get me started on the FIFA.... Really man, the sole reason I might ditch football is the lack of technology to assist referees. When dreams are crushed because the referee doesn't see a red card or offside, it's just devastating. The 2010 France - Ireland game comes to mind, where 1 bad decision crushed an entire (in financial problematic) country their dream, their hopes, their money. I guarantee you that all the Irish people will remember that trauma for the rest of their lives.... And it could have been prevented so easily.

And the closer Brazil 2014 comes, the more I hear about it, and the more it saddens me :( Initially the FIFA said the World Cup would be funded with private money, not the tax money.
As it turns out, so far the majority has been funded with tax money, in an already poor as fuck country. How is that possible? HOW DO YOU GIVE THE WORLD CUP TO A COUNTRY THAT HAS NO MONEY FOR IT?!

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gwu.gif

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ah yes, I read about this. 120k EUR penalty, it's a lot but I doubt it's a lot for this guy. How much does he earn from Newcastle, 2 million in a year?

But it's much better than he would get in Belgium, much more and I don't mind. If you're rich you deserve a bigger fee

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
lets all hold hands and pray that Man Utd get though...

God dammit we going to need all the help..

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Olympiakos should destroy them :evil:

:D - And if they don't it doesn't matter to me, coz they'll get destroyed by any of the other 7 in the QFs!
That said, whilst I used to stroke one out every time the red rags lost in the past, the novelty's worn off this season - can't even get a semi on! Still hilarious though! (Never ask a Bolton fan what he thinks of United! In my case I seem to contract tourettes for 5 minutes everytime...;) )

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If united had the level of other years the QFs would be absolutely brutal, the best teams on europe there (expect for us of course :ninja:) there are no easy teams (except for we know who hehe :tpi: )

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
no matter what Man Untied will always do better than Man Shitty and Assenal in Europe.

now i think about it, Untied will do a Chelski and win the CL and finish 10th in the league.

:gun:

tumblr_inline_mfhu1u5Zad1rsju0o.gif

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
no matter what Man Untied will always do better than Man Shitty and Assenal in Europe.

now i think about it, Untied will do a Chelski and win the CL and finish 10th in the league.

:gun:

tumblr_inline_mfhu1u5Zad1rsju0o.gif
If this happens...I'll stop watching football >_<

lufere7

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So tomorrow is Wenger's 1000th game with Arsenal, too bad we have half the team, and arguably our 3 best players injured, would've been magical to beat that idiot mourinho's unbeaten home record, watch the whole press suck him after the game if he wins, he's going to be unbearable.
And seeing Wenger debates on various sites it's depressing how universally hated/mocked he is when he should be praised, since the stadium move he's been working on constraints worse than some middle table teams and he still kept us on the top 4 all these years, I'm 100% sure no other manager in the world could've done that, the man is a genius, he HAS overachieved and he's still ridiculed by media and fans alike, it's simply unfair. It's absolutely unreal he kept us afloat all these years, now the club is in a whole new level financially and it's all thanks to him, but it's somehow all overlooked for those 8 trophyless years, ha! would love to see mourinho with his 60M+ spending try to do what Arsene has done while generating a profit.
I'm sure that in a decade or two, he will be seen as one of the greatest (if not the greatest) figures on Arsenal history, and deservedly so, he has transformed the club and it's sad that even some of our fans can't appreciate that, he could've gone to Real Madrid with an infinte budget , but he still stayed through the hard times.

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: