• Start date
  • Views 60,994
  • Replies 161
  • Likes 20
D

Deleted User

OP
If it has an lua file it doesn't work
Is it still not possible to add external item description?
Just download a slightly older version of the mod that doesn’t use LUA files, it may be missing a few items but it will work

You could also use this to make an external item descriptions mod yourself too and that will work

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, so have you got "recompiled" xci with ext item descr mod?
unfortunatly not, I was able to make the previous item description (the one for afterbirth on modding of isaac) to "nearly" work, but it seems that in afterbirth+ the way that the game show the sprites of the items is not the same, or they change some values. I have edited the original "pocketitem.xml" to match the values from the the modded ones but the game still show only the icon part without the description... I think that the values must be adapted to afterbirth+ they change something and new position and/or scale values must be found but I don't have the time to do as much test as it requieres to bring it compatible. To be honest I'm a little bit frustrated... I think that a good way to start will be to adapt the mod for afterbirth+ on pc then it will automaticly work on switch, much easier this way, but like I said, too much work for me.

Last edited by pakrett,
Reactions: clgrover
D

Deleted User

OP
unfortunatly not, I was able to make the previous item description (the one for afterbirth on modding of isaac) to "nearly" work, but it seems that in afterbirth+ the way that the game show the sprites of the items is not the same, or they change some values. I have edited the original "pocketitem.xml" to match the values from the the modded ones but the game still show only the icon part without the description... I think that the values must be adapted to afterbirth+ they change something and new position and/or scale values must be found but I don't have the time to do as much test as it requieres to bring it compatible. To be honest I'm a little bit frustrated... I think that a good way to start will be to adapt the mod for afterbirth+ on pc then it will automaticly work on switch, much easier this way, but like I said, too much work for me.
If the added images aren't the proper resolution it will cause an error like you're encountering

Consoles are weird with images in this game. Sometimes they resize properly and other times they just dont try

cooldude777777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please tell me, why every time I try converting a mod it says 0 mod files found. Every time. The mod I'm trying to attempt is antibirth. I've been stuck for awhile now

cooldude777777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not compatible with antibirth
I cannot get a mod to load on my wii u. i've been trying with SDcafiine fore 2 days. my directory is something like this the the folder... X:/sdcafiine/[titleid]/vol/content/0010/(resources folder and everything). i even tried without the 0010 folder. i can't figure it out. the mods won't show up at all. i've used SDcafiine before and it worked for mario kart and stuff. so am i doing this wrong?? what do i do to load the mods? please answer when possible. again. im on the wii u

Last edited by cooldude777777,

Lalapaloozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone be kind enough to upload the External Item Descriptions mod file here? I own a switch copy but not a steam copy, so I can't actually download any mods for it but I'd love to try out this converter.

Edit: Specifically an older version that doesnt use LUA files, which can be found on moddingofisaac but can't be downloaded by anyone who doesn't own a Steam copy :(

Last edited by Lalapaloozer,

dotmick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Up

I still think an External Item Description mod is a must-have for the Switch version. Any progress or leads on that?

Also, is there a reason why LUA-based mods are not working on Switch while some for Baldur's Gate are?

D

Deleted User

OP
Up

I still think an External Item Description mod is a must-have for the Switch version. Any progress or leads on that?

Also, is there a reason why LUA-based mods are not working on Switch while some for Baldur's Gate are?
I haven't looked too much into them tbh so I can't provide a good reason sorry. All I know is I couldn't get LUA to run/work during my testing, but I also didn't try too hard tbh

Cynical_Giant

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been trying to get this working for a while now but am stuck on getting any mods to load in.

Testing with the pre-converted binding of undertale mode on Atmosphere running EmuMMC.

Tried these file structures: (with both the ID below and 01005B9002312000)

/atmosphere/title/010021C000B6A000/romfs/resources

/atmosphere/contents/010021C000B6A000/romfs/resources
#based on the NH switch guide Game modding with LayeredFS (sorry I can't link with this account yet)

romfs meta files is generated only for ID 010021C000B6A000 (makes sense as this is the version I have) but no loading of mods - have checked the atmosphere/loader.ini configuration and nothing is amiss in terms of "!L"

Is there any case-sensitivity when initially making the romfs folder and does the game need to be updated to a specific version for mod compatibility? (currently v0)

Any thoughts appreciated - apologies if it's a stupid question.

Cheers

dotmick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
+1

I've made a simple test with replacing the title menu image and the structure is the following:

/atmosphere/contents/010021C000B6A000/romfs/resources/gfx/ui/main menu/titlemenu_nx.pcx

romfs_metadata.bin gets created but the title is not replaced...

Have I done something wrong?

D

Deleted User

OP
+1

I've made a simple test with replacing the title menu image and the structure is the following:

/atmosphere/contents/010021C000B6A000/romfs/resources/gfx/ui/main menu/titlemenu_nx.pcx

romfs_metadata.bin gets created but the title is not replaced...

Have I done something wrong?
Which version of the game are you using? US? EU?

If the png and pcx arent the same resolution, that can make it not work. The game is very picky. Have you tried converting the vanilla files to PNGs first, editing them directly, and than converting them back?

dotmick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Which version of the game are you using? US? EU?

If the png and pcx arent the same resolution, that can make it not work. The game is very picky. Have you tried converting the vanilla files to PNGs first, editing them directly, and than converting them back?

It is now working :)

The file used is titlemenu.pcx not titlemenu_nx.pcx

Now I am trying something a bit more complex...

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/q1474nWP0bI?si=5v445vycfskxD3V8