Hacking The Conduit Config File(CDGame.txt)

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
9th_Sage said:
I was having fun with this earlier (turning the game into it's E3 demo version and such). Sad part is that it changed my profile to say the mission that was loaded for that demo, so I deleted the save, and then I couldn't copy it back completely. I have used StartPatch to patch out the no copy flags, but I guess this doesn't apply to copying FROM SD?

Also, has anyone gotten the LOAD_TO_START_LEVEL option to work? I can get it to come on, but when I plug in numbers from the levels.txt also conveniently located on the disc, it just loads nothing (a non-existant level). It should be noted also that a lot of the debug stuff doesn't seem to work (like the FPS counter), unless perhaps something else must be done to activate the actual display. I haven't tried the debug cheats or debug fly.

DEBUG_TEXT must be on for FPS to work, I believe.

As far as LOAD_LEVEL is concerned, are you sure you're using the actual number and not the indicator?

See if CODE01_01
works and proceed from there.

I thought that DEBUG_TEXT was on. I suppose I could have forgotten. As for the level, I was attempting to use some of the more out there stuff (the multiplayer test level, one of the MP levels). I probably should have tried level 1 first, but I was just wondering if anyone else had tried it. I guess that it suprised me that I didn't get anything from any of the ones I tried. I'd love to find dummied out test levels, but I don't know if I have the patience to go through all of those permutations. @_@
*edit*
Also, added just because I'm excited about it, I was amazingly able to use the save copied to my SD card that wouldn't copy back in conjunction with wanikoko's save manager thing and the Windows port of segher's tachtig & twintig applications to decrypt it then restore it.
tongue.gif
I was not sure this was going to work. Anyway, too tired to retry the DEBUG_TXT now. I'll try it again tommorow.

chaotic15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok people not to be rude i have been waiting for this game for a while. now i actually went out and BOUGHT IT! like all you should. no dont get me wrong i burn and download ds games. but if u want the people to make more than you would go out and buy the good games instead of cutting there profit. thats what i think and this this was one of those games. now of anyone has a wii speak and wifi pm me and will swap friend codes and ill own you.

thanks

Posts merged

ok people not to be rude i have been waiting for this game for a while. now i actually went out and BOUGHT IT! like all you should. no dont get me wrong i burn and download ds games. but if u want the people to make more than you would go out and buy the good games instead of cutting there profit. thats what i think and this this was one of those games. now of anyone has a wii speak and wifi pm me and will swap friend codes and ill own you.

thanks

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaotic15 said:

thanks

I suffer from RSI and FPSes on the Wii are very difficult to play for extended periods of time. Having to elevate my wrist, forearm, and/or bicep just to aim at the screen causes cramping and soreness. Sitting on the sofa or bed and propping the Wiimote on my lap, while alleviating the stress, does nothing for playability.

Thus, testing the game and seeing if I enjoy it before I put down $60 on it just makes more sense.

Also, I believe that by preordering and waiting in line for a launch Wii, in addition to purchasing ten games I no longer play, I am entitled to some residual enjoyment from the console. Downloading software is only harmful to those who would otherwise be getting my business -- provided I'm not soliciting their stolen property(and detracting from definite customers). From the few minutes I've played, I can tell this game will be shelved shortly.

chaotic15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont belive it will be shelved shortly cuz wen i went to gamestop today an picked up my copy. chris my friend that works there..once i got my copy an me am him were chatin for bout a while i counted how many more people came in an bought the game. by the time i left they hac mabe 25 copy's outta the maybe 40 that wad behind the counter..so ya it's sellin and sellin good.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
chaotic15 said:
i dont belive it will be shelved shortly cuz wen i went to gamestop today an picked up my copy. chris my friend that works there..once i got my copy an me am him were chatin for bout a while i counted how many more people came in an bought the game. by the time i left they hac mabe 25 copy's outta the maybe 40 that wad behind the counter..so ya it's sellin and sellin good.
Actually, I went and bought my copy earlier today. Have the artbook for preordering it and everything. I buy my games, gotta say that I'm a bit annoyed at how you assume I don't when you really have no idea. I do use USB Loader, it's true, but it's more of a convenience thing. I have no pirated games on there, believe it or not. I like to have all my games easily accessible and in one place, plus for older games I don't play as much any more, I rip them to the USB drive and then stick the cases/discs in my closet to make space.

*edit*
Also, by shelved, I'm think teq means it isn't his game of choice, not that it'll sell terrible or kill your Wii, or whatever. That is to say, shelved by teq.
tongue.gif

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaotic15 said:

I meant shelved by me, personally.

In any case, I don't doubt that this game will be successful(in terms of the Wii, at least).

Now, as far as Gamestop is concerned, you have to realize that they have a lot of tricks up their sleeves. What your friend probably doesn't tell you is that Gamestop creates artificial demand for games. They do this by limiting quantities, pushing preorders(and refusing to refund them in cash), and pumping up lackluster games with midnight releases. I can't speak for your friend, but the staff usually sucks on levels that would make even Best Buy cringe. They trade their personal games and boxes for ones that are newer in appearance and influence their customers with a general ignorance comprised of fanboy rumors and personal opinions.

I'm not big on videogames anymore, so I rarely go there anymore, but all of this comes from people who've worked there and have done this.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
chaotic15 said:

thanks

I suffer from RSI and FPSes on the Wii are very difficult to play for extended periods of time. Having to elevate my wrist, forearm, and/or bicep just to aim at the screen causes cramping and soreness. Sitting on the sofa or bed and propping the Wiimote on my lap, while alleviating the stress, does nothing for playability.

Thus, testing the game and seeing if I enjoy it before I put down $60 on it just makes more sense.

Also, I believe that by preordering and waiting in line for a launch Wii, in addition to purchasing ten games I no longer play, I am entitled to some residual enjoyment from the console. Downloading software is only harmful to those who would otherwise be getting my business -- provided I'm not soliciting their stolen property(and detracting from definite customers). From the few minutes I've played, I can tell this game will be shelved shortly.

Dude where the hell are you buying 60 dollar Wii games. Go ahead and DL because you are getting raped!

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
TheWon said:
Dude where the hell are you buying 60 dollar Wii games. Go ahead and DL because you are getting raped!

It's called a Sales Tax. $49.99 ~ $55+ in many states of the US.

Even with sales tax. The most I paid is 53.85 for a game. Either way if you just want to DL then do it. No need for the heart string story LOL. I hope that others will buy it and cancel out most of us pirates DL it. It's a alright game and they deserve some money.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
CockroachMan said:
Great.. the game has 2 days and we'll already have cheaters online :/
I don't know if the debug_cheats work offline, let alone online yet (not all of that stuff in the config file works in the retail version). I have no desire to try them online anyway. I just want to play the game, rather than cheat to get an artificially high stats page (that to me is absolutely pointless...how is that an acomplishment?).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one