Hacking The Definitive Guide to Wii U Hacking

music3k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the recommended VC eshop games to have to use with injection? Donkey Kong for 64? Mario Kart for DS? I can't seem to find a definitive answer when I search this forum

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the research and wow, that's a a shame. The only download for the Japanese version I've found goes at like 40 KB/sec and would take forever to download. Even more because it's broken up into 60 pieces.

Man, Nintendo really does not want people playing games from other regions.
Off topic kinda: I highly recommend JDownloader for those kinds of downloads. Works well for broken up file sets and file sharing site like mega.

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't want the first reply to that thread to be a shitty answer, but have you considered just downloading it and seeing if that way works? It would narrow the problem down (your dump, ddd, or Loadiine), and it's legal if you own it.
I have no idea where to find it in the first place. Not that you could link me somewhere.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the recommended VC eshop games to have to use with injection? Donkey Kong for 64? Mario Kart for DS? I can't seem to find a definitive answer when I search this forum
I don't think N64 matters much cause you need to find/create/use a config file for each game anyways. I think Brain Age is best for DS because it has the most config settings for screen layouts. If you Google/search/find the compatibility wikis for them you can see the common bases.

I know they're in this thread somewhere, along with a lot of other good info.

Last edited by fiveighteen,
Reactions: music3k

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Off topic kinda: I highly recommend JDownloader for those kinds of downloads. Works well for broken up file sets and file sharing site like mega.
Oh, I started it up with Jdownloader, but 40 KB/Sec, and have to enter a captcha each time, oh and there's a limit each day?

Yeah I'll pass.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, I started it up with Jdownloader, but 40 KB/Sec, and have to enter a captcha each time, oh and there's a limit each day?

Yeah I'll pass.
Never really had a problem with it. Yeah sometimes it's slow but so what? Leave it on overnight.

Never had to enter a captcha really.

Never ever had whatever limit you're talking about.

But to each his own.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never really had a problem with it. Yeah sometimes it's slow but so what? Leave it on overnight.

Never had to enter a captcha really.

Never ever had whatever limit you're talking about.

But to each his own.

Probably a different site you found then. Link me one for Xenoblade X JP version if you have one.

Also, if you're okay with 40KB/Sec, lmao.

jellyshark

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey guys, I've been using caffine with pikmin3 to edit the files. The thing is that when I run it the files that the game uses (the ones that the server log shows) are .szs files while in the dumped copy that I have they are .sarc. Are .sarc and .szs the same or what does it happen? (idk if this is the place to ask this)

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I've been using caffine with pikmin3 to edit the files. The thing is that when I run it the files that the game uses (the ones that the server log shows) are .szs files while in the dumped copy that I have they are .sarc. Are .sarc and .szs the same or what does it happen? (idk if this is the place to ask this)
I believe SZS is YAZ0-compressed SARC. Google for yaz0dec and yaz0enc (decoder and encoder). Rename to SZS after re-encoding.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You planning on keeping all of the apps up to date?

Reactions: Cordre69

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe SZS is YAZ0-compressed SARC. Google for yaz0dec and yaz0enc (decoder and encoder). Rename to SZS after re-encoding.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You planning on keeping all of the apps up to date?
I've certainly been trying. I'll keep it up until my wife divorces me at least ;)

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey
are there any disadvantages by using 64k clustersize instead of 32k for my sd card?
It has 128GB by the way, I don´t know if that matters.

Right now I´m using 32k, but I was thinking about reformatting it, in hope that some games will load faster.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey
are there any disadvantages by using 64k clustersize instead of 32k for my sd card?
It has 128GB by the way, I don´t know if that matters.

Right now I´m using 32k, but I was thinking about reformatting it, in hope that some games will load faster.
It seems that some games work better on 64k, and some on 32k. You'll just have to test to see which is which. Check the Loadiine Compatibility List. I think Bayonetta 2 and Zelda TP HD are the only 2 documented to run better so far.

Houjin

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It seems that some games work better on 64k, and some on 32k. You'll just have to test to see which is which. Check the Loadiine Compatibility List. I think Bayonetta 2 and Zelda TP HD are the only 2 documented to run better so far.

I see, thank you.

I was trying to format my SD Card with 64k Clustersize, but when I tried to start the Homebrew Launcher with it it gave me an error "SD mount failed".

Which programm should I use to format the card?
Tried it with MiniTool Partition Wizard...

Could you or someone else recommend me a programm to format my card?

EDIT: Okay so I managed to format the card with a new Clustersize, but it just made everything worse. Bayonetta was lagging the same as before, and copying files to the card took way longer than with the default size (can´t tell why but it did), so I changed back.

Anyway, thanks for your help

Last edited by Houjin,
Reactions: krylo

maxjoe_22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone i am new on this, i m trying to work my wii u, but after i installed java i am trying to run JNUSTool.jar and nothing i tried installing it again with no results can anybody help me.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated OP. Added the following section and will *try* to keep it up to date (give or take a few days to notice). If anyone sees an update out there, let me know. @Kafluke, perhaps this will help you stay up to date with your AIO package as well.

LATEST HOMEBREW:
Nightlies: Loadiine GX2 has nightly releases
05/12/16: Saviine has been updated to v1.1.b
05/12/16: HID to VPAD has been updated to v0.2e
05/10/16: TCP Gecko (disc games) has been released
05/07/16: WUP Installer has been updated to v1.0
05/03/16: The Homebrew Launcher has been updated to v1.2 RC3
05/01/16: NNU Patcher has been released
04/25/16: ddd has been updated to v0.3
03/31/16: FTPiiU has been updated to v0.3

the hombrew part is messed up you should fix it lol
Lol it was a work in progress. Took some time to correct all the BB code tags that got jacked up. All is fixed now.

hey everyone i am new on this, i m trying to work my wii u, but after i installed java i am trying to run JNUSTool.jar and nothing i tried installing it again with no results can anybody help me.
Welcome to the forums. :) Did you install Java 8? Did you open config in Notepad++ and edit the 2nd line to be the Common Key (hex values)?

maxjoe_22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updated OP. Added the following section and will *try* to keep it up to date (give or take a few days to notice). If anyone sees an update out there, let me know. @Kafluke, perhaps this will help you stay up to date with your AIO package as well.

LATEST HOMEBREW:
Nightlies: Loadiine GX2 has nightly releases
05/12/16: Saviine has been updated to v1.1.b
05/12/16: HID to VPAD has been updated to v0.2e
05/10/16: TCP Gecko (disc games) has been released
05/07/16: WUP Installer has been updated to v1.0
05/03/16: The Homebrew Launcher has been updated to v1.2 RC3
05/01/16: NNU Patcher has been released
04/25/16: ddd has been updated to v0.3
03/31/16: FTPiiU has been updated to v0.3

Lol it was a work in progress. Took some time to correct all the BB code tags that got jacked up. All is fixed now.

Welcome to the forums. :) Did you install Java 8? Did you open config in Notepad++ and edit the 2nd line to be the Common Key (hex values)?

yes i did install java 8, i did open config too but didnt edit the 2nd line can you walk me through that. thank you for you help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1