fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiU 5.3.2U
Alright I've tried, wiiubru, Mongoose and now Android phone methods same issue.
Resetting Save Data between power offs.

I keep getting the pixelated freeze screen when payload532 is run.
Is it odd to see the same issue via all three methods?
(I've tried at least 3-4 times before switching methods)

I've been playing a lot of vWii this week and just returning back to WiiU gaming after a 2-week break and this is freaking me out. Did I goof something up? I dont see how if I've only been playing vWii and Nintendont.
Upgrade from using the payload532.html method going straight through the Homebrew Launcher. Also, you can just update to 5.5.1 now, so don't fear screwing something up.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ey, @fiveighteen add "AN IOSU EXPLOIT HAS BEEN RELEASED!" to the op.
I've been following on mobile over the weekend. Now that there's at least one hack to dump the OTP keys, too, it will be better to announce. Otherwise it would just open the flood gates to "what can we do now?!" questions. I'll update it when I'm back to my laptop.

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Upgrade from using the payload532.html method going straight through the Homebrew Launcher. Also, you can just update to 5.5.1 now, so don't fear screwing something up.
Yup did exactly that after my post and reading a lot of other just recommending updating to 551, was a bit scared hitting that Update button instead of Cancel all this time. but now on 551 and wow, so far 100% success (have turned off wiiu about 5 times, 100% success).

Now onto my next hurdle, how to use/inject a save file into the WiiU

Reactions: fiveighteen

Sabrina99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after reading, I am also nervous of updating a WiiU I inherited that is at 3.1.0. But people seem to be recommending being at 5.5.1.

I am not concerned with being online (I would prefer to not even be connected to the internet), and would be happy if I could backup my disks and use the loader.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, after reading, I am also nervous of updating a WiiU I inherited that is at 3.1.0. But people seem to be recommending being at 5.5.1.

I am not concerned with being online (I would prefer to not even be connected to the internet), and would be happy if I could backup my disks and use the loader.
You can still keep it offline. Backing up discs is still impossible, however. You just have to find and download the corresponding WUP (game) from the internet.

HyeVltg3

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Read The first post.
Imho, update (hit the update button when WiiU asks you after connecting to the internet) to 5.5.1 before "5.5.2" comes out and somehow patches current homebrew. 5.5.1 has been around since...Feb? but you never know.
I just recently updated to 5.5.1 from 5.3.2 and I can still use all the homebrew, plus download from eShop (Just grabbed Lost Reavers, been dying to try it since it was announced as F2P and WiiU exclu.)
Plus its increased my success rate from like 30-40% to 100% kexploiting (so far no fails)

Update and then change Internet Connection DNS to Tubehax (also on 1st post) this will be your best defense for future accidental updating.

But if you dont like to be online, just delete all Connections in settings. I dont think the WiiU auto-connects without user input. <<<<but this will prevent you from using any homebrew(you need a connection ftp/http to exploit...you need a connection saved in the list, so use Tubehax DNS)

If the above just flew right over the cuckoo's nest-- your head, just post, theres 5-18, he's hella helpful =D

Last edited by HyeVltg3,
Reactions: fiveighteen

johndoegba

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So my Wii U is still on Version 1.0.1E. According to the instructions i should update it to 3.0.0. How am i gonna do this? Which discs include v3.0.0? I am tired of waiting for the IOSU exploit as i bought the ZombiU bundle at the end of 2015.

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
So my Wii U is still on Version 1.0.1E. According to the instructions i should update it to 3.0.0. How am i gonna do this? Which discs include v3.0.0? I am tired of waiting for the IOSU exploit as i bought the ZombiU bundle at the end of 2015.

Just update to 5.5.1 using system menu.

No need to go to anything lower now. all the Exploits that work on lower firmwares work on 5.5.1 and the newer stuff that is being worked on is being written for 551.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw the legit OP is now suspended. Gotta ask them about that later.

So yeah, fills me with confidence.

Right now though, this thing is pretty much useless to the average user, no? Not to mention all those conveniently released videos as proof, all those new accounts happen to show up on that thread, too many serendipitous occurrences last night.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ramp it up to 5.5.1. Even the devs are on it. :)

Right now though, this thing is pretty much useless to the average user, no? Not to mention all those conveniently released videos as proof, all those new accounts happen to show up on that thread, too many serendipitous occurrences last night.
That supposed "USB loader" has nothing to do with the Hillary_Clinton IOSU exploit or Donald_Trump OTB viewer ELF. They claimed the loader didn't even use IOSU. That doesn't necessarily mean it's fake, but I'm not holding my breath.

A USB loader can be made using the IOSU exploit that was released, though. Just be patient. I'm sure devs are working on legit stuff.

johndoegba

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just update to 5.5.1 using system menu.

No need to go to anything lower now. all the Exploits that work on lower firmwares work on 5.5.1 and the newer stuff that is being worked on is being written for 551.

Just ramp it up to 5.5.1. Even the devs are on it. :)

That supposed "USB loader" has nothing to do with the Hillary_Clinton IOSU exploit or Donald_Trump OTB viewer ELF. They claimed the loader didn't even use IOSU. That doesn't necessarily mean it's fake, but I'm not holding my breath.

A USB loader can be made using the IOSU exploit that was released, though. Just be patient. I'm sure devs are working on legit stuff.

Thanks guys. That makes things easier for me :)

Sabrina99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far so good. I am using the self hosting method since I have intermittent internet. It works around 50% of the time, but I suspect I don't have the best SD Card. I recall seeing posts on what SD cards to use. I'll search for that again. When it work, the home brew comes up great.

I see you say it is not possible to backups from my disks yet (I loved being able to backup my Wii disks). I don't even know where to start looking for backups, but Google is my friend.

Well updating to 5.5.1 seems to be working for me.
Thanks

Akzar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've backed up all my games from disk. You need the homebrew program called DDD. It's not as straight forward as the wii, though. It dumps the disc, loadiine ready, to PC using a command line utility. Then you can even use NUS downloader to download updates.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now the second