• 50-59%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 60-69%

• 70-79%

• 80-89%

• 90-100% (you are stupid if you say this)

• Total voters

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
Everyone in my school has an R4, but I have a Cyclo
smileipb2.png

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm gonna have to say 11-19% because I'm the only person I know with a pirate card for my DS. However, if they've banned the R4 in Japan, it's obviously popular and is used a lot.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'll say 11-19% overall. But this has nothing to do with the number of consoles sold, because there are people who own two or three of them (Phat, Lite, Limited Super Special Awesome Edition Lite, DSi), so the real number of DS owners is, I'd say, 60-70% of the total number sold, maybe.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
It's pretty hard for me say, since my country is infested with annoying PSP fanboys. I mean, I'm Asian, but all of them pirate PSP games. Freaks. If I were to judge, I would say 15% or so since there is a large amount of people on GBAtemp. But if it was just me, I would say 1% since I know about 3 other people with flashcarts here. Two have R4 (of course) and another has an EDGE (dunno where he got that)

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
It's pretty hard for me say, since my country is infested with annoying PSP fanboys. I mean, I'm Asian, but all of them pirate PSP games. Freaks. If I were to judge, I would say 15% or so since there is a large amount of people on GBAtemp. But if it was just me, I would say 1% since I know about 3 other people with flashcarts here. Two have R4 (of course) and another has an EDGE (dunno where he got that)

Fanboys can't complain about other fanboys. Rule of gaming.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
KingdomBlade said:

lol i know what you mean when ever i show a flashacrt like my acekard or dstt to my frndz they say "DSTT?????? Whats that a new game!" LOL
tongue.gif

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
KingdomBlade said:

What if I am a fanboy of both companies?

I used to be a PSP fanboy. Then I realised I was one of those 'unbiased' fanboys. So a better term for those annoying fanboys would be "biased against Nintendo PSP fanboy because they think PSP has better GFX"

Back to topic
42% for me because there are pirates out there... only that they don't visit GBAtemp or any other sites like this.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
naglaro00 said:
Law said:
KingdomBlade said:

I used to be a PSP fanboy. Then I realised I was one of those 'unbiased' fanboys. So a better term for those annoying fanboys would be "biased against Nintendo PSP fanboy because they think PSP has better GFX"

Post wasn't directed at you, post was directed and somebody who is an incredibly biased DS/KH/FF fanboy.

If I was talking to you, I would have quoted one of your posts.

Also, they "think" the PSP has better "GFX"? If by "GFX", you mean graphics capability, then yes the PSP does have a higher graphics capability than the DS, I don't see why they would need to "think" that when it's already a fact.

Edit: You know what? I wish they hadn't imposed a limit on signature size, because I really need to make a quote gallery for idiots like you.

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
naglaro00 said:
Law said:
KingdomBlade said:

Post wasn't directed at you, post was directed and somebody who is an incredibly biased DS/KH/FF fanboy.

If I was talking to you, I would have quoted one of your posts.

Also, they "think" the PSP has better "GFX"? If by "GFX", you mean graphics capability, then yes the PSP does have a higher graphics capability than the DS, I don't see why they would need to "think" that when it's already a fact.

Edit: You know what? I wish they hadn't imposed a limit on signature size, because I really need to make a quote gallery for idiots like you.

Well sorry
frown.gif
. I knew you were talking to him. I'm just giving a response to what you said.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think 40% cuz sometime or another somebody would search for free ds games they would find roms and then would search how to put em on the ds what comes up is

R4 MADNESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I chose 60 to 69%, purely because I've seen 8 year olds on this forum asking for help on how to set up their R4s.

Seriously though, what the god damned fuck?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Law said:
I chose 60 to 69%, purely because I've seen 8 year olds on this forum asking for help on how to set up their R4s.

Yes but the forum has 150,000 registered members (not all of whom are active, but let's simplify this), which is still insignificant compared to the 100 million DS consoles sold. Yes, flashcards are too cheap and simple, piracy is "rampant", but it's still just a little number compared to the people who don't know or even care for piracy, and actually buy games. And Nintendo knew this when they switched to "casual gaming". Sure, there's a lot of mainstream titles and gamers, but the majority of their profits are from the IMAGINE games and the over 9000 versions of Sudoku.

We're biased because we hang on a flashcard discussion forum, so everyone we see pirates games. But those 8-year-olds are an exception, not a rule.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Veho said:
Law said:

Yes but the forum has 150,000 registered members (not all of whom are active, but let's simplify this), which is still insignificant compared to the 100 million DS consoles sold. Yes, flashcards are too cheap and simple, piracy is "rampant", but it's still just a little number compared to the people who don't know or even care for piracy, and actually buy games. And Nintendo knew this when they switched to "casual gaming". Sure, there's a lot of mainstream titles and gamers, but the majority of their profits are from the IMAGINE games and the over 9000 versions of Sudoku.

We're biased because we hang on a flashcard discussion forum, so everyone we see pirates games. But those 8-year-olds are an exception, not a rule.

Regardless, I think Nintendo has already made enough money to survive for, you know, like the next 1,000 years. And I think they left the Wii so easily hackable and the DS so easy to pirate games because they knew the millions upon millions of casual gamers won't know how to hack a Wii (despite how easy it is) or where to buy a flashcart or even how to pirate games (what's a torrent?)

Also, just realized my post count went above 300. Is my penis bigger now?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Guild McCommunist said:
Is my penis bigger now?
No.

Also, your post agrees exactly with what I said in the post you quoted, yet you start your post with "regardless". I am confus.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Veho said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Is my penis bigger now?
No.

Also, your post agrees exactly with what I said in the post you quoted, yet you start your post with "regardless". I am confus.

Regardless of whoever is right, Nintendo still have enough money to buy a large country.

But seriously in a lot of countries in Asia apparently flashcards are even bundled with new store bought DS'
unsure.gif

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah when i went to phill they were being sold crazy in most shops i remember some mall i think it was called we mall or somthing and it had r4s dstts everything(luck country doesnt need a credit card for flashcarts
frown.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw