The fan-made PC port of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has been released

ooooooooooooooot.png

Arriving ahead of its previously teased schedule is the fan-made Ship of Harkinian Ocarina of Time PC port. The project builds upon the aptly-named Zelda Reverse Engineering Team's reverse-engineered code for The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, porting the game in its entirety to PC. Boasting many new features and improvements, the project adds HD visuals, the ability to add mods to the game, texture pack support, keyboard controls, and support for ultra-widescreen resolutions.

The team behind the PC port, Harbour Masters, released version 1.0.0 of the port today on GitHub, along with directions on how to build the game and launch it. For now, it runs on either DirectX 11 or OpenGL, with the former being the default renderer. You'll need to get a ZRET Ocarina of Time debug ROM and then create an oot.otr file using an included tool within the GitHub release. For those that need support, a dedicated Discord server exists to help users out.

Now that the port has been released, the team at Harbour Masters plans to work on HD models and textures, 60fps support, and ports to both Linux and macOS in the future. They also plan on porting The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask to PC as well, once the ZRET group has completed their decompilation, which is nearly halfway finished.

A PC port of OoT allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, gyroscopy and other great features! Setup is simple, let's get started!

The Ship does not include assets and as such requires a prior copy of the game to play.

Quick Start​

1. Download The Ship of Harkinian from releases.
  2. Get a ZRET OoT Debug ROM
Build date: `zelda@srd022j 03-02-21 00:49:18`
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099

1. Use the OTRGui to generate an oot.otr archive file.
  2. Launch soh.exe
Congratulations, you are now sailing with the Ship of Harkinian! Have fun!

:arrow: Source

[UPDATE] The download link is currently only available via the Discord server, linked above in the article.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough. But this is still an impressive effort, nevertheless. Has me curious what other N64 games they plan to port in a similar fashion.
There's many going at once in the discord channels, all Zelda titles.

Reactions: SPAC3W4IFU

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The other port by someone called blawar is not even really that much of a port as it could have been. It has to leech off of Glide64's video emulation.

I spent a few hours downloading (the blawar port) and compiling it for nothing.
Very slow and graphically glitched on my old PC.

I can understand having better hardware, but it seems pathetic to not fully even port but to use partial video emulation.

This (shipofharkinian) version runs very good except that the controller is unresponsive. I have noticed this issue with newer SDL2 versions on Windows 7.

MadMakuFuuma

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The other port by someone called blawar is not even really that much of a port as it could have been. It has to leech off of Glide64's video emulation.

I spent a few hours downloading (the blawar port) and compiling it for nothing.
Very slow and graphically glitched on my old PC.

I can understand having better hardware, but it seems pathetic to not fully even port but to use partial video emulation.

This (shipofharkinian) version runs very good except that the controller is unresponsive. I have noticed this issue with newer SDL2 versions on Windows 7.
sorry to read you had roblems. but my i5-3330 + cheap amd card can run shipofharkinian at fullspeed (well, 20fps, the actual fullspeed cap for this initial release anyway) , with almost 0 control latency. maybe you can tweak some settings (using dx11, opengl etc)

Reactions: _47iscool

semidyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hoping someone can get this version on par with the 3ds version, itd be nice to play with those visuals in HD and in true widescreen. awesome that this is finally released!

Reactions: cearp

Ericos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I was going to say I found an up-to-date download on Reddit, but it was already posted here too, see:

EDIT:
Perhaps it's not working though?
The process stopped on my end while trying to generate a static_title.xml file, and if I scroll up a bit in the command prompt, I can see this:
Code:
Error when extracting the ROM with error code: -1073741819 !
Aborting...

I already checked the SHA-1 of my ROM and it's correct, so.

EDIT2: Nevermind, solved it.
If anyone else comes across this same problem, try to start the process inside OTRGui again after checking the Single Thread checkbox.
View attachment 302888
Sorry but how you fixed it exactly ?
Post automatically merged:

I was going to say I found an up-to-date download on Reddit, but it was already posted here too, see:

EDIT:
The process stopped on my end while trying to generate a static_title.xml file, and if I scroll up a bit in the command prompt, I can see this:
Code:
Aborting...

If anyone else comes across this same problem, try to start the process inside OTRGui again after checking the Single Thread checkbox

EDIT:
Code:
Aborting...

If anyone else comes across this same problem, try to start the process inside OTRGui again after checking the Single Thread checkbox.
View attachment 302888
So what you checked in what box ? Sorry im new in this topic

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Sorry but how you fixed it exactly ?
Post automatically merged:

So what you checked in what box ? Sorry im new in this topic
It's been almost a year since I wrote that post. Nowadays, the checkbox that I mentioned, which was present inside OTRGui, is no longer available. It must have been removed at some point.

I just checked out the latest public version of SoH which is called "Bradley" and can be found inside SoH's Discord server, and it compiles normally on my PC without needing to do anything besides providing a valid ROM file.

soh_20230130_200235101.png

As I said in those posts, what I checked back then is a checkbox that was labeled "Single Thread". I imagine that it simply made the code of SoH compile on a single core of the user's CPU instead of trying to use all the cores and/or threads available, but don't quote me on that.

Reactions: DrPerkeleeee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?