Ocarina of Time fan PC port gets difficulty settings and randomizer in new update

A new update has been released for the Ship of Harkinian, the fanmade PC port of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. While the port already boasted a number of impressive features from its last update, a number of new customization options, quality of life improvements and cheats have been added.

Let's start with difficulty options. Customizable difficulty has been added through a series of toggles and sliders that let users adjust various aspects of the game, such as damage multipliers and potion effects. There's also the option to turn off heart drops entirely.

To offset this, there's a number of cheats that can make things easier on you. Some of them include using a shield with a two-handed sword, a fireproof Deku Shield, a visible vision cone for the Hyrule Castle guards, the bunnyhood can be used on Adult Link, items can be used anywhere and a cheat so that Epona never becomes fatigued.

There's also a number of quality of life improvements. The biggest one is that the framerate is now mostly unlocked, letting you choose a custom framerate up to 250. But there are other smaller features added as well; players can now customize the HUD by moving the minimap or other objects, a new GUI has been introduced for binding controls, there's now a free camera, you can now equip tunics and boots to the D-pad to equip them faster, adjustable climbing speed, no forced Navi, opening chests is faster, and more.

Finally, the video ends on a demonstration of a new item randomizer.

The official download for Ship of Harkinian can be found on their Discord server.

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
I wonder if I'd get this to run on Steam Deck.
it work well on steam deck :)
Just take the released build in SOH discord and channel Download just be sure to take the linux build and follow the read me to get the otr files and it should be good to go :D
I myself use and dev on the linux build and that really fine to play with without doubt :)

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it easy to run on the deck?
Just download the Linux version, pop your legally acquired backup in the same folder of it, then run the file.

After it generates the oot file, close it and edit the JSON to set the screen resolution and then just add it as a non steam game for it to show up in the launcher.

As a minor addition, using the joystick plus trackpad controller layout along with remapping the right trackpad click to be left click makes it very easy to navigate the fun menus.

Reactions: ganons

spriteice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
is there anything else i need on the switch other than soh.nro and oot.otr? ive successfully built it on my windows pc and it runs fine on windows, i use that same otr file on my switch and nothing happens. when i try to launch the nro i get a blank screen for a while then an error message on my switch.
You should just need the otr built yourself using the latest version and the nro posted here or in the discord in sd0/switch/soh. If you are having errors maybe your firmware/atmosphere need updating or you may be having an issue with a sysmodule?

misticknight1

Trophies
XP
Country
You should just need the otr built yourself using the latest version and the nro posted here or in the discord in sd0/switch/soh. If you are having errors maybe your firmware/atmosphere need updating or you may be having an issue with a sysmodule?

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the latter tbh my sd card been acting really funny for ages now. I’ll try rebuilt a new otr

EDIT:

Finally got it working thanks guys :) only question I have is one is there really a way to have it on the Home Screen so I don’t need to launch homebrew launcher everytime and can you get into the enhancements on the switch like you can on PC? Otherwise loving the wide screen 60 fps :)

Last edited by misticknight1,

EnigmaExodus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Surprised that Nintendo not attempted to copyright-troll this project out of existence much like Take-Two trying with certain GTA mod-projects. Not an attorney but the silver lining the less projects rely on copyrighted assets or invades trademarks regardless of making profit the less leverage companies have and perhaps make it not worth effort of targeting.

xathian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great start to the Randomizer but this definitely needs to expand to match the OoTR Rando. Without Tokensanity, Shopsanity and Keysanity these randos are far, far too easy and short.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...