Hacking The Flow is porting PPSSPP to Vita

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't we have a resolution hack, I forgot the name tv sharpscale was it , that unlocks the native res?
It’s still limited to resources available in PSP mode. A native PS Vita app would be able to use all vita hardware and be able to get full speed. The current GPU plugin still has performance issues as it is still locked to PSP hardware limits

Reactions: SuperDan

IRHP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a PSP I think you can go online already. I was talking about going online on PSP games playing on the Vita.

So the servers are still functioning but only accessible via an actual PSP it something? Sorry, I don't understand any of this stuff lol. I'd like to play these PSP games online using my Vita but afaik the only way was via a convoluted method involving a PS3.

Gamer90Kirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
So the servers are still functioning but only accessible via an actual PSP it something? Sorry, I don't understand any of this stuff lol. I'd like to play these PSP games online using my Vita but afaik the only way was via a convoluted method involving a PS3.

There are custom servers for the PSP. Pro Online, X Link Kai, or Ad Hoc Party for PS3. The homebrew for it is not compatible with the Vita.

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There has been talk of a handful of games working online this year on Reddit.. I just didn't bother try because it was Socom 3 ( which I never liked). I would definitely play starwars battlefront online possible.... Especially that it works perfect with Gepatch...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were emulating the psp's 333mhz mips then I might prefer the wiiu's 1.2ghz ppc over the vita's 500 mhz arm.

I would guess that he'll try to use the vita's mips cpu though.

Yeah, not happening, the project is dead and hasn't been worked on in several months. Lots of devs have jumped ship from Wii U in favor of Switch.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
i was making a joke about the n64 library being tiny, and the games actually worth playing even smaller
A wise man once said that there are no N64 emulators - only Mario 64 emulators with extended compatibility

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Literally the main thing I want on the Vita though.

The controls on the PSP are crap but display looks nice. Controls on the Vita are nice but the display looks crap.

As speculated in the other thread there has to be a reason why Sony didn't just put an interpretation layer on the software and let it combine both chipsets out of the gate. Quite possibly security concerns but based on the ruminations and bounty its truly the holy grail mod for the Vita as it would unlock PSP games to look/play their very best.

Did anyone get any official confirmation about the status of the project from the modders involved?

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Literally the main thing I want on the Vita though.

The controls on the PSP are crap but display looks nice. Controls on the Vita are nice but the display looks crap.

I'm with you on that! Back in the psp days... I would have killed for another analog stick!.. It simply needed it.... & again when Vita came out.. I rushed out and grabbed one & it is & wa the most hand cramping system I ever had... & even with the other analog stick.. It really only had a few fps shooters.... Still love the damn thing with a Grip & analog caps.. Otherwise i just couldn't play it for long

As speculated in the other thread there has to be a reason why Sony didn't just put an interpretation layer on the software and let it combine both chipsets out of the gate. Quite possibly security concerns but based on the ruminations and bounty its truly the holy grail mod for the Vita as it would unlock PSP games to look/play their very best.

Did anyone get any official confirmation about the status of the project from the modders involved?

Zanzibar82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Furthermore PPSSPP is capable to load custom textures, so think about the chance to mod any psp game graphics.
So basically the answer to "why porting an emulator while we already have an emulator?" is "because they're trying to port a piece of software that's way better, features-wise, than the simple emulator you already have."

D

Deleted User

Furthermore PPSSPP is capable to load custom textures, so think about the chance to mod any psp game graphics.
So basically the answer to "why porting an emulator while we already have an emulator?" is "because they're trying to port a piece of software that's way better, features-wise, than the simple emulator you already have."
one's an emulator, the other's running the game natively

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not even sure he is working on it atm ... no msgs on discord twitter or anything ... it would be great on the Vita ////

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
one's an emulator, the other's running the game natively
The Vita's ePSP is still an emulator. Not to mention, hardware-accelerated as a lot of it may be, not all of it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3