The Gaza Invasion Escalates

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Admittedly I don't know much about the war. All I know is that Islam doesn't want Jews to have land; much less want them alive at all. Jews weren't allowed in so many countries, and after the holocaust, people realised they need their own place to live. Maybe it wasn't longer theirs to take, or maybe they were just taking it back? Land has been won and lost through war all the time, I don't understand the hate people have for Jews, compared to the land the Arabs have it's the size of a matchstick in a football field. Again, I don't know much about the never ending conflict, I just like Jews more than I like Arabs.

yeah that's in summary, though people will tell you we just have a victim mentality and that's not legit :P but it's a fact, hate based on religion exists, and been there for many years, we had a world war because of it...and I've seen plenty of videos of Palestinians say they just want all Jews dead, wish I had it recorded, but I am sure our haters here will somehow find some excuse for that :P

As I said a few posts ago.. Haters gonna hate.

Where are you getting those numbers from, why are you making stuff up?

cause Haters gonna hate :P they will make up statistics too!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hate based on religion exists...we had a world war because of it.
Do fucking what now?

The causes and reasons for the continuations of world war 2 (and we probably have to include world war 1 before that) are myriad and very complex not to mention it was far from only people of Jewish ancestry that suffered there (speak to some Romani and possibly some of what would be identified as Kurdish some time). That is just the European side of the conflict too- how it played out across Asia (west and east), Russia and parts of Africa gets even harder to reconcile (see some of the stuff on unit 731). How it influenced a lot of post war stuff also gets very complex; most will look immediately to Russia but a lot of the vestiges of European colonialism were more or less ended as well.
Beyond that a lot of the concentration camp and displacement stuff went ignored for a lot of the second world war (there were a handful of escapees that had their intel dismissed- I shall have to find some of the excellent programs made in the last few years on the subject) so saying that does do well as a picture of your outlook on the world and if you are going to try telling us we are woefully misinformed.... yeah.

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Do fucking what now?

The causes and reasons for the continuations of world war 2 (and we probably have to include world war 1 before that) are myriad and very complex not to mention it was far from only people of Jewish ancestry that suffered there (speak to some Romani and possibly some of what would be identified as Kurdish some time). That is just the European side of the conflict too- how it played out across Asia (west and east), Russia and parts of Africa gets even harder to reconcile (see some of the stuff on unit 731). How it influenced a lot of post war stuff also gets very complex; most will look immediately to Russia but a lot of the vestiges of European colonialism were more or less ended as well.
Beyond that a lot of the concentration camp and displacement stuff went ignored for a lot of the second world war (there were a handful of escapees that had their intel dismissed- I shall have to find some of the excellent programs made in the last few years on the subject) so saying that does do well as a picture of your outlook on the world and if you are going to try telling us we are woefully misinformed.... yeah.

Sure not only Jews suffered by it, but you can't ignore the 6 million Jews that died in the camps. and the facts it's already a small population as it is. and yes, my view on the world is a bit different than yours, since wars here are pretty damn often, it's a bit different living it than just watching the news, you know? People kill for all kind of stupid reasons, religion being one of them, you can keep denying it though, but it won't change reality.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli–Palestinian_conflict#Fatalities_1948.E2.80.93present

Example: 2009 - 1035 Palestinian deaths, 9 Israeli deaths.

Longer term, looking at child killings, 1620 Palestinians under the age of 18 have been killed since 1948, compared with 142 Israeli children.

Over 100 people in Gaza have died in the last week, how many Israelis have lost their lives in the same time period?

Reactions: BobTheJoeBob

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure not only Jews suffered by it, but you can't ignore the 6 million Jews that died in the camps. and the facts it's already a small population as it is. and yes, my view on the world is a bit different than yours, since wars here are pretty damn often, it's a bit different living it than just watching the news, you know? People kill for all kind of stupid reasons, religion being one of them, you can keep denying it though, but it won't change reality.

There's no denying how many Jews died but quite honestly we didn't go to war because Jews were getting the shit end of the stick sadly.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WHERE ARE YOU GETTING YOUR STUFF FROM?!?!?
Atleast BlueStar uses numbers you just say words with no facts attached.
YOU CANT CLAIM SELFDEFENSE IF YOU SHOOT PEOPLE ERMAHGEERD!!!!
yeah that's in summary, though people will tell you we just have a victim mentality and that's not legit :P but it's a fact, hate based on religion exists, and been there for many years, we had a world war because of it...and I've seen plenty of videos of Palestinians say they just want all Jews dead, wish I had it recorded, but I am sure our haters here will somehow find some excuse for that :P

As I said a few posts ago.. Haters gonna hate.

cause Haters gonna hate :P they will make up statistics too!
The people you are talking about are not the majority of Palestinians.
Most Palestinians want peace.
And stop saying Haters gonna hate nobody is hating simply discussing situations.
Nobody hates Israel or Judaism here so stop claiming they do.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone made any grossly idiotic and offending remark about how if anyone isn't terribly fond of the Israeli government, this means they are antisemitic?

EDIT: Valwin, stick to shit trolling. You clearly lack the maturity to discuss currant affairs particularly an issue as emotive as Isreal-Palestine.

Reactions: BobTheJoeBob

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Over 100 people in Gaza have died in the last week, how many Israelis have lost their lives in the same time period?

How many of those 100 people were not responsible for some part of military activity/rocket firing? There is no denying the fact that innocent people die (on both sides), but stating all victims of different strikes on both sides as civilian casualties (which happens alot on probably all media around the world) is just wrong.

@ThatDudeWithTheFood: Probably everyone wants peace in the area. It's a different matter of what to do when there is either rocket fire (into areas with both israeli/palestinians) or air strikes (into areas with both israeli/palestinians). Neither side wants to just stand still and wait for the whole place to become rubble.

ps. As some have pointed out regarding the expansion of Israel, how much of that territory was lost by the other side after that side attacked Israel? Not saying the expansion isn't right or wrong, but looking back at history, the same things could be said for quite a few countries (Europe, North&South America, Asia, Africa... The whole planet actually): sometimes territories are lost after a war ended and usually the winner gets some of the area of the loosing side.

pps. Just stop the fighting and start talking. It's a beginning if nothing else?

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@ThatDudeWithTheFood: Probably everyone wants peace in the area. It's a different matter of what to do when there is either rocket fire (into areas with both israeli/palestinians) or air strikes (into areas with both israeli/palestinians). Neither side wants to just stand still and wait for the whole place to become rubble.

In fairness, I think both sides may have different visions of what peace is to them.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many of those 100 people were not responsible for some part of military activity/rocket firing? There is no denying the fact that innocent people die (on both sides), but stating all victims of different strikes on both sides as civilian casualties (which happens alot on probably all media around the world) is just wrong.

ps. As some have pointed out regarding the expansion of Israel, how much of that territory was lost by the other side after that side attacked Israel? Not saying the expansion isn't right or wrong, but looking back at history, the same things could be said for quite a few countries (Europe, North&South America, Asia, Africa... The whole planet actually): sometimes territories are lost after a war ended and usually the winner gets some of the area of the loosing side.

pps. Just stop the fighting and start talking. It's a beginning if nothing else?
I was responding to him saying "I've seen plenty of videos of Palestinians say they just want all Jews dead".
He is singling out a minority and describing them as a majority.
There are probably Jews who make videos saying they want all Palestinians dead but he wouldn't acknowledge those as the majority would he?

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
I was responding to him saying "I've seen plenty of videos of Palestinians say they just want all Jews dead".
He is singling out a minority and describing them as a majority.
There are probably Jews who make videos saying they want all Palestinians dead but he wouldn't acknowledge those as the majority would he?

I'm not a He :P btw. other than that... I don't really feel like keeping the argument, it won't change anything other than spending my time and yours.

crystal107

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
Well you could say that about everything.
In that sense all 10 pages of posts are pointless.

Even if I agree that my government is totally wrong about its actions, there's nothing Ican do about it. even if you eventually agree that it's doing what it can, nothing you can do about it, such information need to be posted worldwide.. not on gaming forums :S I'm here for the games! though right now studying :P so I am spending time I could get a better grade :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol