The GBAtemp Fitness club

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:O Combined with the club soda I'll make with my Soda Stream... That sounds awesome then.

I might pick up another Green Thunder since I can carbonate it now.
maybe I'm simple folk but I enjoy lemon/lime juice added to my water. I used to have a soda stream when I was weaning myself off pop and I found that combination pretty nice or make a strong pot of barley tea and do half the soda water and half the tea to make a light fizzy version for the summer. carbonated fruit and mint teas in general are nice if you make the tea portion strong enough since you can only put water in the soda stream.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The last time I weighed myself was when I went in to have my blood taken for tests. I'm not sure if that was at the beginning or end of last year, but either way that still leaves a good amount of buffer zone. This might not be anything to worry about, but I fully expected to weigh 340 - 350 lbs and I was plesantly surprised when I saw the scale top out at 298 (previous weight was approximately 330). I don't feel any lighter to tell the truth, but I do feel bigger. :(
If you last weighed yourself in the beginning of last year, that's a 25-lb drop over 1-1/2 years, which is probably not a cause for concern. If it was the end of last year, 25 lbs lost over the course of 5-6 months is normally considered healthy weight loss, but it's the "without even trying" part that makes it somewhat concerning. If that happened to me I'd definitely ask a doctor about it, just to be safe.

Anyway I'm kind of derailing the thread so sorry about that.

@Sterling: You can PM me if you want to continue this particular conversation.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
:O Combined with the club soda I'll make with my Soda Stream... That sounds awesome then.

I might pick up another Green Thunder since I can carbonate it now.
I hate to prick your balloon but Soda Stream SUCKS, they force you to pay extreme prices to refill their CO2 containers, which have propriety threading that doesn't allow easy refilling. LUCKILY there ARE devices that allow you to refill the CO2 containers, etc. But you need to research that, because there is a huge controversy over quality between competitors selling different adapters.

Overall, the Soda Stream is absolutely not worth it, you would me much better off just buying club soda. You could also buy a different brand water carbonation device, but the value still doesn't add up.

J-Machine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate to prick your balloon but Soda Stream SUCKS, they force you to pay extreme prices to refill their CO2 containers, which have propriety threading that doesn't allow easy refilling. LUCKILY there ARE devices that allow you to refill the CO2 containers, etc. But you need to research that, because there is a huge controversy over quality between competitors selling different adapters.

Overall, the Soda Stream is absolutely not worth it, you would me much better off just buying club soda. You could also buy a different brand water carbonation device, but the value still doesn't add up.
I dunno where you are getting your numbers but even buying new canisters every 60 litres (the price here is 35 dollars but refills are 18) is still cheaper than simply buying premade club soda as you suggest which would cost me $52.50 before taxes for the same amount (using store brand 12x355 can units)

I'm not here to argue if other carbonators are better value than soda stream but it definitely is cheaper than buying in store equivalents.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I dunno where you are getting your numbers but even buying new canisters every 60 litres (the price here is 35 dollars but refills are 18) is still cheaper than simply buying premade club soda as you suggest which would cost me $52.50 before taxes for the same amount (using store brand 12x355 can units)

I'm not here to argue if other carbonators are better value than soda stream but it definitely is cheaper than buying in store equivalents.
You need to take in account of the carbonation device (from my research, at least $100 for a good non-sodastream.) With the shipping required, it costs FOURTY DOLLARS after shipping, FOURTY AMERICAN DOLLARS, to refill one tiny CO2 cartridge. So you will be spending either A: Sodastream official costs ($80 for the sodastream, $40 per co2 refill), B: Sodastream with adapter (well over $125 for good adapters,) or C: $100 for a non-sodastream (with cheap co2 refills.)

$120 will buy a shitload of bulk soda water (I'm SURE buying cans is more expensive than buying it from bottles.)

J-Machine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You need to take in account of the carbonation device (from my research, at least $100 for a good non-sodastream.) With the shipping required, it costs FOURTY DOLLARS after shipping, FOURTY AMERICAN DOLLARS, to refill one tiny CO2 cartridge. So you will be spending either A: Sodastream official costs ($80 for the sodastream, $40 per co2 refill), B: Sodastream with adapter (well over $125 for good adapters,) or C: $100 for a non-sodastream (with cheap co2 refills.)

$120 will buy a shitload of bulk soda water (I'm SURE buying cans is more expensive than buying it from bottles.)
maybe America is getting gauged then... also we have stores here that sell sodastream products and refills so no delivery cost and the 100 dollar starter comes with the c02 cartridge and a bottle. after that it's 20 bucks a refill for another 60 litres of soda water. going with my previous numbers you start saving money at the 3rd refill. or after spending 160 dollars.

but this is getting off topic isn't it?

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
maybe America is getting gauged then... also we have stores here that sell sodastream products and refills so no delivery cost and the 100 dollar starter comes with the c02 cartridge and a bottle. after that it's 20 bucks a refill for another 60 litres of soda water. going with my previous numbers you start saving money at the 3rd refill. or after spending 160 dollars.

Things are different, please see latest response

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wat. Soda Stream refills are $15, dude.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Wat. Soda Stream refills are $15, dude.
Visiting the Sodastream.com website, I read:
Exchange carbonators can no longer be purchased on Sodastreamusa.com.
Only spare carbonators are available online.
Please visit a local
retailer
to exchange your carbonators.

So things are obviously different from when I bought a sodastream a few years ago, sorry about that, I am unaware of the current costs involved, my apologies

Gullwing

homo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been a couch potato for years now but I decided to lose my extra weight. Lost 90 lbs in 8 months (strict diet, running, sit-ups). Now my tummy looks like a jelly, and I have to surgically remove my gallbladder (it's full of gallstones). :(

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday was my son's second birthday party. After we put him to bed I decided I'd have a little ice cream and some pop as a cheat. I had zero craving for any of it and it didn't even seem appetizing, but I ate it anyway. I've learned that at this point, junk food and sugary drinks don't even appeal to me anymore. After a small bowl of ice cream and a glass of Coke, I felt the garbage setting in my stomach but didn't feel quenched or satisfied in the least and regretted it for the rest of the night...

Cheat days/items are fine, a necessity really. My main cheat item is a beer every few nights with dinner (grill nights only). On any other day though, my go-to drink is water. My go to snack is homemade granola (protein, fiber, nut fat, no empty calories; I have a quick and easy recipe if anyone wants it ;) ).

Let's say you go on a diet and limit yourself to 1250-1500 calories while getting some cardio in... You drink two cans of pop a day. If you're lucky, you've only used up 300 of your calories for the day on something with absolutely no positive nutritional value whatsoever... You've completely wasted 20%-24% of your fuel for the day. If you're trying to gain fat, a calorie is a calorie. If you're trying to lose fat you need to pay at least a little attention to where you're getting your calories from in order to make sure you're not sabotaging yourself. If you're eating right, metabolism will do a lot the work for you starting out. When you hit your plateau, it's time to really put in the work. If you're taking in 1400 calories, you'll want to burn 1401< .

Try club soda and MiO Energy.
I've seen plenty of commercials for MiO. I'm always wary of artificial sweeteners though as there's barely of generation of science behind many of them...

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
My secret to weight loss (dropped 90 lbs in one year) was getting surgery to fix a nasal blockage. Nose breathing allows you to maintain "The Bohr Effect" by rebreathing a portion of CO2. This is important because your hemoglobin releases more oxygen when your blood pH is low (which is caused by a presence of CO2.) It's all pretty complicated (at least for me,) I'm still studying how it all works.

Of course, exercise and a strict calorie count were integral. Calorie counting is somewhat controversial, but it was a winning strategy for me.
Did you have a deviated septum? My doctor said it was fairly common even though I can only breath through one nostril..

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just got in from a short run. Only did 1.6km this time, in about 10 minutes. The other night me and my sister ran 4.5, so hopefully soon I can go 5.

Only reason why my run was short was because I'm not feeling 100% after staying up until 6am drinking with my friend for my birthday. And it's ridiculously hot, and I don't do good in heat at all.

Can't wait to knock this weight off so I can start attempt sit ups.

J-Machine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shoot. I consider myself fit but the last time I ran 4.5km was in grade 8 during a 10k run that I didn't finish * only did half because I was afraid of the many feral cats in the last section.

I'm not sure how much you could run before but 4.5km is more than most people I know. Keep up the good work man! As for me I'm still planing my low impact, body based program so I can avoid gym fees and lugging weights home since I don't have a car right now. I'm particularly impressed by Shaolin training methods like a simple bucket of sand for hand grip/strength or the weighted cushion for the same reason.

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
in 1 year just by changing what i eat i lost 70lb but after i started going to a gym i gained 20lb back. i stated lifting about 80lb, with my legs, now i am lifting abot 310lb and with my arms i started with a but 45lb now i am lifting about 100lb. so i can understand the weight gain and alot of people have said that i look more muscular now

so i went down to 230lb form just under 300lb to 248lb and i am more thinner then when i was at 230lb, but i still have a long way to go(i want to lose another 60lb)

J-Machine

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
in 1 year just by changing what i eat i lost 70lb but after i started going to a gym i gained 20lb back. i stated lifting about 80lb, with my legs, now i am lifting abot 310lb and with my arms i started with a but 45lb now i am lifting about 100lb. so i can understand the weight gain and alot of people have said that i look more muscular now

so i went down to 230lb form just under 300lb to 248lb and i am more thinner then when i was at 230lb, but i still have a long way to go(i want to lose another 60lb)
Have you tried swimming? That works the whole body and is low impact cardio. also what kind f diet have you put yourself on? maybe we can fine tune it more to your needs?

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried swimming? That works the whole body and is low impact cardio. also what kind f diet have you put yourself on? maybe we can fine tune it more to your needs?

yes i do go swimming every year, i live right next to the ocean it takes me like 2 minutes(walking) to get there,
i go to a nutritionist every 3 months(i lose around 12lb to 15lb between every visit) and i am not on a diet but a llifestyle changeso that's why i am slowlly lossing weight,

also this is the "diet" i am on

in the morning i eat

2 piece's of whole wheat bread with cheese.

at around 10:30 am

some fruit or a yogurt

at lunch normal food(but of course i am not eating fried food)

at around 3:00pm

again some fruit or a yogurt (if i didn't have a yogurt at 10)

then at about 7:00-7:30pm
soup

and before i go to bed

1 piece of whole wheat bread with cheese and a glass of milk

also i usally go to the gym at around 6 pm and leave at about 8pm
i do there am hour of cardio everyday ,
30min treadmill, bike or elliptical, 15min(after the 30min on the frist machine) of one of the other 2 machines that i did not use,
then some weight trianing but i have been going to the classes they give there now(aerobic exercise ,etc)
after weight training, 3 set's of 20 Leg Lifts and 3 set's of 20 Crunches

and at the end of all of the training another 15min on the last machine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious