OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
3catmario.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys :) what is the hardest game you have ever played??? Several weeks ago i found cat mario and thought it was the most fuckin' game, lol.
But today i found goku jump :) the game ends when you die, lol, it's always so :)
Ok, try this game and let us know your experience :))

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Super Ghouls N Ghosts on the SNES. Months and months of hard work memorizing attack patterns only to finish it and be told I had to go through the entire game again to actually get the ending.....fuck that!

Reactions: Cyan

KineticSonata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many hard games.
Battletoads, Contra, both hard.
But for some reason the first Ninja Turtles game for the NES broke my childhood sanity.
I played Baroque for a while and thought it was the hardest game I ever played, until I realized that game just sucks.

Reactions: ohsoroso

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
- Megaman Zero collection on DS (F*** this game)
- Etrian odyssey 1-2 (3-4 are easier but still hard)
- Super ghouls and ghosts (F*** this game too)

^ The only ones i can think of right now that made me ragequit because i got fed up of dieing. Im sure more will come back to me but these stand out as games i hate with a passion.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
R-type on the SNES was damn difficult back in the day. Ghouls n' ghosts wins pretty much hands down though. That shit was tricky.
Animaniacs on the SNES was also pretty hard. I haven't touched in years but back in the day I remember hating it with a passion

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dunno, but Cave Story on Hard mode gives many games a run for their money. Dat Blood-Stained Sanctuary.
Megaman Zero Collection on Hard is pretty insane as well, especially if you want S ranks. Oh, and there are some maps on osu that still seem impossible and I've been playing that shit for a year.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

juins

Trophies
XP
Country
off the top of my hat

-La-Mulana
-Prinny Can i Be a Hero
-Maximum Carnage

EDIT: oh yea, back in the day, any of the NES TMNT, specifically I.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Adventures of Bayou Billy.... The game is a challenge just to get to like level 3.

I am excluding games I was not able to complete due to bugs...

Impossible Mission on the Atari 7800.... I love the game and still play it from time to time but I play the fixed version via emulation lol

*On the whole Contra or Battletoads thing, those games are hard but at least doable, and not nearly as hard as Ninja Gaiden on the NES. Hmm special note on Battletoads.... The game is impossible playing it 2 players.... if you want to beat it, play it alone!!! lol Of course I don't know if I could beat any of these games anymore. I am pretty sure I could still do Contra as long as I used the Konami code for a crutch lol Toads would make me cry again for sure. Ninja Gaiden I refuse to touch again. I still have bite marks on my NES controller from it. yes I bit it... lol

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hard as in reaction times?
Hard as in memory test?
Hard as in logical deduction type things?

Am I allowed to include either hacks or things I did on top of a game (play without using ? move and the like)? Going further this could also mean high score vs just beating the level.
Do games with bad controls count for the reaction times one? I have played some nasty ports over the years (*recalls tetris machine in the pub and shudders*) and if I had played the originals all would have been fine.

Alas this is rapidly heading to "what is a game?" territory so I think I will have to leave it there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2