Review The Incredible Fake GBA from DealExtreme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't tried the goku games either, but I have tried a myriad of other ROMs and have yet to run into any that don't work. Even the Mother 3 English patch works.

metalmouth647

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dekuleon said:
It also comes with the Pokémon 2000 movie, which is so cool! LOL!
Lol I take it your having fun there then.
tongue.gif

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I ordered one of these way earlier this year, only to have DX say it was out of stock, they then had the nerve to NOT change the status of the product, so I never bothered to buy another.
mad.gif

Can anyone confirm these are IN STOCK again?

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cool
biggrin.gif
thank you for the answers
biggrin.gif
i only want to know right now for sure if

berries grow in pkmn games (if yes, RTC works)
and
legacy of goku (hardware error)

if someone could test it for me i would be very happy
biggrin.gif

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
TBH, I'm quite shocked that a company as (half-)respectable as DealExtreme are selling a device which comes with ~300 warez games on it. And I dunno, but I'm gonna guess that at least something in this device is illegal too, considering it can play original GBA game paks. Finally, you can probably find an ACTUAL GBA on ebay or the like for much less that that, and get a flash card and memory card, and get the same (or better) end effect for a fair bit less.

BTW, apparently they all have that virus thing on them. Just out of curiosity, can it dump the GBA game inserted or anything? I wonder if it'd be possible for homebrew to be written to use the internal memory of that thing...

JohanX said:
What's up with the "498 built in games" that DealExtreme says is included with the device? Are they pre-loaded ROMS or what?

Yup, they're warez. Apparently there are about 100 GBA games, and the rest are NES games, packaged into GBA ROMs with some GBA NES emulator.

You apparently forgot that they used to sell flashcarts.

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
they set up nds card sale . com and moved most their flash carts to there.

edit: nice to see gbatemp jumping on the whole censoring of rival stores urls like china does. idiots.

DigitalDeviant

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can any one confirm these are indeed in stock? Dealextreme lied to me, saying they were ended up wasting my time waiting and had to get a refund, can't trust dealextreme they don't get the stock status right!

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
that's because they don't hold stock for most things, they collect them from the factory or supplier once you make the order. if the factory or supplier messes DX around then DX have to mess you around. not their fault really, they can't get a warehouse big enough to hold stock for every single item that they sell.

dekuleon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DigitalDeviant said:
can any one confirm these are indeed in stock? Dealextreme lied to me, saying they were ended up wasting my time waiting and had to get a refund, can't trust dealextreme they don't get the stock status right!

I don't know. I bought mine about 1 month ago, I have ordered the Trasparent one but I received the Purple (Indigo) one.
They took about 1 week to ship it.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That review wasn't my best review, and I think it was actually my first. They are neat little devices, and I actually let my friend borrow it for a few months. He played it until he got through all the pre-loaded games, and the games I put on there. If you're a collector, this is a worthwhile, and actually a very useful device. Sure the cost itself makes it a bit unattractive, but like I said... Casual users should stay away from it, and get a DSTWO, or a better hardware solution (GBA flashcard and a cheap GBA). It's an instabuy for collectors of random electronics. You may actually be able to splice a spare GBA charger and a male USB cord together to make a spare data cable, but I have not a single idea on how to do that. You'd be better off by asking FAST, the local Techromancer.

@OP: For future posts, think about how you want to post in the future. You can avoid double/triple posts by editing your previous post, and by not quoting everyone you're replying to.

dekuleon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
trev1 said:
there are better ones out there that look and play like a gba sp

Better Ones? People say they run every game at 15% slower speed!!
dry.gif

The better CLONE is this.

Hey guys, here's one tip to how to make one USB/Chager cable.
The cable which comes with is very very fragile. They could make one cable as good as the GBA they sell!
I took this image from the DX Forum.

Hope it helps!
It didn't helped me cuz I suck in soldering skills!!
ohnoes.png
(If someone could recommend me an guide or a way to learn!)

Reactions: 1 person

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
gibberish said:
edit: nice to see gbatemp jumping on the whole censoring of rival stores urls like china does. idiots.

it is directly related to those sites spamming the forum in the past. it has nothing to do with censoring our "competition". gbatemp is also not a store, and shoptemp is no longer a store associated with gbatemp.

-another world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i just worked out and i'm feeling great