The Kingdom Hearts games are coming to Steam

khearts.png

After a little more than three years of exclusivity with the Epic Games Store, Square Enix has decided to bring their beloved Kingdom Hearts franchise to Steam. The whole saga headed to Steam includes Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD ReMix, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Kingdom Hearts III and its Re Mind DLC, with the full collection packed together under the Kingdom Hearts Integrum Masterpiece label. They'll all be releasing the same day, on June 13th.

SecureBoot

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took them so long I bought it on Epic back in January. The ports are shit anyway. If you play on an AMD card, it just doesn't work. I had to get a $50 1060 off of FB to play the 1.5 and 2.5 collection. Maybe they'll fix the glaring bugs when they release these.

Reactions: Xzi and Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good.

Despite the free games, Epic Store still fails to become the PC gamers favorite store... It just is what it is, a serviceable store.
Post automatically merged:

People don't know they could buy on epic, and link it through steam non game...
Or didn't want to create yet another account.

Steam
GOG
EA
Ubisoft
Rockstar
Epic
Microsoft
(Probably more)

This feels like the PC's version of PSN multiple region accounts. 😕

Took them so long I bought it on Epic back in January. The ports are shit anyway. If you play on an AMD card, it just doesn't work. I had to get a $50 1060 off of FB to play the 1.5 and 2.5 collection. Maybe they'll fix the glaring bugs when they release these.
Steam is far more user-friendly so it's possible it will.

Reactions: JeepX87 and Xzi

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At this point I don't care anymore. Didn't buy it from the Microsoft Store nor EGS. Got all of them for dirt cheap on PS4 and that's where I'll stay. If it's playable on the Steam Deck, I may change my mind and pirate it, lol.

@Lazyt
Technically, they put them onto the Switch already... just in the worst way imaginable, so I totally understand if one thinks of it as not available at all.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
To little too late. Don't care at all.

Yes they know lmao, but that doesn't mean they want to do that
I don't think you realize the features you miss when you buy on Epic instead of Steam

ftjiso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belize
this is a whatever. im more excited with the rain code and smt v pc port than this. maybe will get this on sale if its $30 or less with the full collection

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Who cares. They were already available on PC regardless of where they could be purchased. This "OMGZ EPIC STORE BAD!!!!!!" stuff is stupid.
Clearly Epic cares and understands that they can't provide true competition to Steam, otherwise they wouldn't have felt like they had to pay out the exclusivity contract in the first place.

LightBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Who cares. They were already available on PC regardless of where they could be purchased. This "OMGZ EPIC STORE BAD!!!!!!" stuff is stupid. Do all of you buy your groceries, music, movies, clothing, gadgets, etc, etc all at the same exact store every, single, time? All of your other shoping all at one place? No? Didn't think so.
That's such a stupid argument

Some people prefer scrolling through Tiktok instead of YouTube shorts. Some prefer Twitter over Threads. Some prefer Instagram over Facebook. Some prefer Signal over Whatsapp.

And some prefer to buy some stuff at Walmart over Target and just to take some french examples : Carrefour instead of Auchan, Fnac instead of But, Leclerc instead of Monoprix. Prices are different, the choice too, the overall « experience », and especially if you have benefits if you are a long term customer.

Steam is basically an ecosystem, it's even a social network in some way.
And yes, I'd rather buy my games all on Steam simply for the fact that not only it shows that on my profile I have it (which is silly, but still) but even more-so because I can then lend it to all my family instead of sharing an account.

The EGS only recently implemented achievements. There's also no way to review the games, there's just a basic opencritic score shown.
If Helldivers 2 was an exclusive to Epic, you think people would have been able to express their concerns over the last controversy around PSN ?

I'm not even the kind of guy who would be bad mouthing Epic for fun (well, just a tiny bit really, but that's because I basically grew up on Unreal Tournament). They've done good stuff. But their launcher is literally made to be « serviceable » which is not the case of Steam.
Steam is Valve's main product. Epic is building a store with a shit tons of games, just to be sure that Fortnite stays on top of it all because THAT'S the main product they're pushing. That's why indies can't have any success in there : it's not because people aren't willing to use another launcher, it's because there's 0 effort made to push games to their potential audience.

You are arguing in bad faith, Steam is NOT just a store. It's really disingenuous to imply otherwise.

I can meet people in Steam, through groups and interests. Visit forums based on the games I play and like, read reviews directly on the website, customize my page, directly stream & chat, even playing local games via streaming like Parsec does, but without any software. Not even talking about Steam Input that allows you to play with literally anything, or allow the use of gyros, with multiple community-made templates and control schemes. Probably none of that is ever going to be available on EGS.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
And some prefer to buy some stuff at Walmart over Target and just to take some french examples : Carrefour instead of Auchan, Fnac instead of But, Leclerc instead of Monoprix. Prices are different, the choice too, the overall « experience », and especially if you have benefits if you are a long term customer.
The analogy doesn't work because retail stores do aim to provide more or less the same positive customer experience as one another, just differing aesthetics/branding. EGS doesn't have even a fourth of the customer-facing features that Steam does, for that matter there are still plenty of games on EGS which rely on SteamInput or SteamVR. In essence that would be like having to pick up your Wal-Mart online orders from the Target parking lot, and then realizing the Target is closer to you, located in a less dangerous part of town, and has all the same exact prices as Wal-Mart. You'd never go back to that Wal-Mart again, with good reason.

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
That doesn't fix all the problems though, using my prior example, I'm expecting things like cloud saves, which are useful if you play on multiple different devices.
I agree, you can circumvent that, but then again, Steam is born to avoid circumventing.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
People know about epic, but most people know to avoid a pile of shit when they see it

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for those of you that don't know, playing the PC versions of the Kingdom Hearts games is problematic on Steam Deck and Linux. The game switches between DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 for cutscenes. So far Wine / Proton doesn't seem to handle that (as far as I can tell). You can still play the games, but the cutscenes don't work, which ruins the experience for me.

Also, at least on the Epic Games Store release, I was never able to get the games to play offline on the Steam Deck. Even when running on Windows. DRM bullshit for single-player games.

So here's hoping that with the Steam release some of these things are fixed, so that I can enjoy Kingdom Hearts on the go with my Steam Deck.

Reactions: Xzi

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Nah fuck Epic.

Happy it's finally coming to Steam, although I'll be finishing Birth By Sleep on PS4 since that's what I'm currently doing and there is no way in hell that I'm doing the stupid minigames in
DisneyTown
again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...