Gaming The Last of Us coming to the PS4

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rayman legends runs at 1080p@60fps on PS3 and still was re-released on PS4.
Is not a matter if looks good or bad, is because they can and make a profit with it.

Rayman Legends also sold like complete shit on the PS3 and was only re-released on the PS4/Xbox One so Ubisoft could try and make some of the money back. It's a smart move, release a game on a console where the fans are starving for games.

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayman Legends also sold like complete shit on the PS3 and was only re-released on the PS4/Xbox One so Ubisoft could try and make some of the money back. It's a smart move, release a game on a console where the fans are starving for games.
Odds are if you have a curren-gen console you'd have a previous gen to experience Legends at a much cheaper price or at least had the opportunity.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Odds are if you have a curren-gen console you'd have a previous gen to experience Legends at a much cheaper price or at least had the opportunity.

PS3/PS4/X360/X1 games all cost $60, how is it much cheaper price?

I always expected Last of Us to be ported to PS4, that's why I never bought the PS3 version.
I wouldn't mind in seeing more ports of PS3 to PS4, there are some games I would definetly buy again, like Ni No Kuni.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NxhsrMk.png

Confirmed!

http://www.amazon.com/The-Last-Us-R...658&sr=8-1&keywords=the+last+of+us+remastered

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I kinda wonder if this will be a yearly after the PS4 becomes a year old so they can prompt more people to get PSN+. Still already know my boyfriend will end up getting this, probably day one, so yay~.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How was the framerate of PS3 version?
GameWinner posted they're targetting 60fps, which is really nice,
but makes me think the original version had an unconsistent framerate, am I right?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Thanks for the video, it illustrate well how is Last of Us framerate,
the game rarely stays at 30 fps, and depending on which part it comes even below 20 fps.
If Naughty Dog achieve locked 60 fps on PS4 version, I think we will get a mech better gaming experience.

Reactions: SoupaFace

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm actually a bit disappointed that Naughty Dog is working on the same game again that they already released in 2013 rather than developing a new one for PlayStation 4.

This'll be like "The Last of Us: Game of the Year Edition" because it comes complete with all the DLC.

Anyhow, on the plus side Angry Joe will review this game. ^_^

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm actually a bit disappointed that Naughty Dog is working on the same game again that they already released in 2013 rather than developing a new one for PlayStation 4.

This'll be like "The Last of Us: Game of the Year Edition" because it comes complete with all the DLC.

Valid concern but I feel the need to point out NG are making a new Uncharted game for PS4 that they plan on showing at E3 this year.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyhow, on the plus side Angry Joe will review this game. ^_^

They are working on the next Uncharted.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Yep. I read that too they're working on a new Uncharted game but would've been nicer if instead of Last of Us it was actually a brand new game too for PS4.

I just hope companies aren't going to re-release HD games from now on. At least before there was a reason to remaster them in HD but games already in HD is just unnecessary, except to make more profit.

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yep. I read that too they're working on a new Uncharted game but would've been nicer if instead of Last of Us it was actually a brand new game too for PS4.

I just hope companies aren't going to re-release HD games from now on. At least before there was a reason to remaster them in HD but games already in HD is just unnecessary, except to make more profit.

But that is the entire purpose of every company.

Anyway, I borrowed my brother's copy of the PS3 version so I never got to try any of the multiplayer and/or DLC. This remaster presents me with the opportunity to play this extra content with shinier graphics and this is a good thing.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Making a port of a PS3 game to PS4 makes it possible not only to enchance graphics but make it have a better fps, make loadings faster.
There are games that don't even run at 720p on PS3, and they could run at 1080p locked 60 fps easily

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Aside from the technical side, it's still the same game which the majority of that console base probably played already so re-remastering the same again in HD is just somewhat lazy of them.

P.S.: Is Naughty Dog laying off people currently or what? Strange things happening with ND and Sony. :-/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1