The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero English fan translation to release on March 14th

If you've been longing for a new JRPG experience or just love the Trails/Kiseki series, then you're in luck. Geofront, a fan translation team, is just about ready to release their complete English translation patch of Zero No Kiseki (Trails from Zero) to the public. The unofficial translation was completed back in September of 2019, but the team behind the project wanted to ensure that everything worked before distributing the patch, which will be available on March 14th. You'll need to have a copy of the game on PC in order to make use of the patch, to which the team recommends getting it officially through Japanese retailers such as dlsite, amazon.co.jp, or the official Falcom webstore. Not only does the patch offer an English translation, but it also adds numerous bugfixes, a speedup mode for battles, and an autosave feature.

:arrow: Source

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad they fixed the save thing and the battle cursor thing. Those were super annoying. At least for the battle cursor issue, I could adjust camera 45 degrees and select that way without having to move my hands to mouse to "fix" it, but the save thing was super annoying. I'd have to save literally every 5 minutes out of fear that when opening the save menu, I would hear that buzz, know I was screwed, would have to force close the game, and would have to replay a lot of stuff. Thank goodness for 6x speed and holding cancel to skip dialogue.

Currently on second play-through because I didn't know there was a NG+ exclusive dungeon. Does anyone know if a first run with enough DP for Detective 1st Class and a second run with basically no sidequests done just to get to NG+ dungeon will still let you have max rank when you transfer to Ao no Kiseki? I still have the clear file with the Detective First class, but that one has Randy as the bonded person and apparently you can choose between which person you want to take upgraded combo craft with as long as you unlocked it during Zero for when you get to Ao. I'd prefer if there were a true 100% save file floating around that has a single file that cleared the game three times while seeing each bond moment per playthrough along with max DP. Would save me a lot of effort.

(In case anyone cares, I watched a youtube video going over all events in FC to remind myself of what happened, then played through all of SC and the Third prior to playing Zero. I wasn't initially going to bother, but then corona and a ton of free time happened.)

Last edited by GameSystem,
D

Deleted User

ok so this patch is for pc only right?
no psp and no PsVita EVOLUTION version?
https://geofront.esterior.net/faq/

PC only at the time.

Will this work on PSP?

No. The installer/launcher is set up specifically for the Japanese PC release of Trails from Zero / Zero no Kiseki.

We did talk about attempting to push this for the PSP version, but in order to get it out sooner rather than later, the team opted for the PC release first. Unfortunately, as we are having issues with the tools that we have available as a team, we can’t discuss the progress or possibility of a PSP release of this patch at this time.

Reactions: GameSystem

Beastly-Zero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
https://geofront.esterior.net/faq/

PC only at the time.

Will this work on PSP?

No. The installer/launcher is set up specifically for the Japanese PC release of Trails from Zero / Zero no Kiseki.

We did talk about attempting to push this for the PSP version, but in order to get it out sooner rather than later, the team opted for the PC release first. Unfortunately, as we are having issues with the tools that we have available as a team, we can’t discuss the progress or possibility of a PSP release of this patch at this time.
Oh..so sad :(
Thank you anyway...i will play the psp or Evolution (i have to decide because i read that is possible that the patch for EVO could be have some crash problem and i won't play with this in mind)...so i hope you will see about this ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytHxaO8WM1k