ROM Hack RELEASE The Legend of Heroes Zero no Kiseki Kai English Patch

Kirashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Shenrai

If my memory is right Nana received the book directly from Ken (meaning she was aware of it), doesn't the way you point it out make it sound like she never had 2 books in the first place? I thought she just noticed the second book and deduced she forgot to give it back.

Also be careful, in the other extra scene we used "note" for ノート but now that we have more context we can relate it with their school, so don't forget to replace the previous "note" with "notebook".

Last edited by Kirashi,

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Shenrai

If my memory is right Nana received the book directly from Ken (meaning she was aware of it), doesn't the way you point it out make it sound like she never had 2 books in the first place? I thought she just noticed the second book and deduced she forgot to give it back.

I was trying to convey the sense that Nana thought she gave it back already so she was confused as to why she somehow has two. I will try to convey it better.

I changed it. Its a little liberal with the translation but it probably fits better. @Kirashi

@EvilGoku

In Extra Kai 1 there is this line
Nana: えへへ、この前ノート貸してもらったから, お礼にナナも手伝うのー!
Oh well. You did lend me your note a while back so I'll help you out as thanks.

Change it to

Oh well. You did lend me your notebook a while back so I'll help you out in return.

Last edited by Shenrai,
Reactions: EvilGoku

Kirashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd say a tiny bit too more serious than you should (your first impression was not that wrong because they wanted the player to deduce than the owner is the poor Ken that wanted to tryhard his studies but won't be able to, they tried to humor us with the powerful comeback from airhead Nana lol)

EvilGoku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 265173

Test worked, changed “ZERO NO KISEKI” subheading to “Trails from Zero,” as seen in the image above. Still need to make some slight changes to aspect ratio of the image and then I can start making them big edits.

Also not sure if this has been brought up before, but @EvilGoku I don’t think it’s a good idea to thank nswgame in the thread or in the game itself. It looks to be a piracy website and it should not be advertised.
No no no no i did not advertised nswgame i just mentioned because of they share great games and i download zero no Kiseke from their site so i just mentioned and i never thought it will be a advertised opps

maybe we can extract title picture from PC version of zero and AO (china )
I tried with AO no Kiseke PC version but with japan version
title.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I was trying to convey the sense that Nana thought she gave it back already so she was confused as to why she somehow has two. I will try to convey it better.

I changed it. Its a little liberal with the translation but it probably fits better. @Kirashi

@EvilGoku

In Extra Kai 1 there is this line
Nana: えへへ、この前ノート貸してもらったから, お礼にナナも手伝うのー!
Oh well. You did lend me your note a while back so I'll help you out as thanks.

Change it to

Oh well. You did lend me your notebook a while back so I'll help you out in return.
Edit Extra Kai 1 line Thanks @Shenrai

Attachments

• title.png
    title.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 166

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if you missed it but

Extra Kai 4 @EvilGoku

ねーちゃんも学校でガンバってるからさ、べんきょーキライだけどオレもガンバるよ。

I hate studying but Big sis is really giving it her all at school.

……っと、ノート出さなきゃ!
I guess I'll do the same and hit the books!

あれ、ノートどこだっけ……
Ken: Wait a second... Where was my notebook again...?

おねーちゃんもケンもがんばっててえらいのー!/nナナもがんばるの~!
I'm so proud that Ken and Big Sis are working so hard. I have to do my best too!

あれれ、ノートが2冊あるのー。
Huh? Two notebooks? Did I forget to...?

GraveViolento

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no no no i did not advertised nswgame i just mentioned because of they share great games and i download zero no Kiseke from their site so i just mentioned and i never thought it will be a advertised opps

Haha no worries, but I think you should remove nswgame and add the other people who are helping with the translation process =D

EvilGoku

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So Extra Kai 5 is all that is remaining, correct?
yes extra kai 5 remain
@Shenrai evilgoku usually skip the posts? You think he missed my post in the previous page?
i haven't missed your post
thanks for the translation
have you translated extra kai 5 text ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Koroshi i need your help for extra kai 5 text i hope you have time for that text

AshenWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Nice, this is amazing! =D. I'm more of a handheld gamer so I prefer playing this on switch than PC. Will definitely check this out once the issues have been ironed out. Thaaanks!!

wluigi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nice, this is amazing! =D. I'm more of a handheld gamer so I prefer playing this on switch than PC. Will definitely check this out once the issues have been ironed out. Thaaanks!!
Zero has no issues as far as we know. We all beat it with no problems :)

Kirashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here we go, extra kai 5

Ah, everyone! I heard the news, the operation to liberate Crossbell City was a success...Now then, if you guys want to solve this case for once and all~ You'll have to ride the "Daiki" and bring back Kia-Chan. (Daiki is the Big Tree but since I don't actually know what this Tree is, I have no idea what does riding it mean)
I see...
I presume this is coming from Commander Sonya and Mireille.
So you knew Kia?
Yes, we got along well when I went to pick my little brother and my little sister at sunday school. We can make an indepedent country, one where we don't have to worship what we don't understand like a "priestess". Well, I don't know the full details, but I am sure she is waiting for her senpais. I beg you, please bring her back and hug her tightly!
Huhu...
Yes, you're right
(This is connection is a characteristic of the Support Branch.)
(Good, it seems like there is still hope)
...Thank you Yuuna-san for cheering me up.
We will do our best to accomplish our duty. Please do your best too!
Yes, you can be sure I will do no less.
Actually, I plan to go out in the City after this under the pretext of "fieldwork" and help out with the police operation. I will do everything I can, so you guys please do your best too.
A... Everyone. Thank you for your work.
Yuuna, you look exhausted. By the way, did you take the time to go back into the City to check if your family is alright?
Yes, I was relieved to see that everyone is safe but... as far as I heard about the damages the city suffered, looks like even the police station and the Alkane shell got turned into a mess... What will happen to Crossbell... From now on?
Yuuna-san...
Now is time to stand firm. We have no choice but to look forward at this point. Be it us or everyone else.
... You are right. At time like thise, we have to do what we always do. I'll have to give my best into studying and training!
Please everyone be careful in your operation. I too will be more cautious than ever.
Wawa, I am late~ Even though all I did since this morning was training... My instructor is going to give me a hard time~
(Ah, this frenchman is Lloyd-san's neighbour right)
(Aaahh, he might even be our junior in the future) (well, he just got enrolled and it's pretty hard physically and mentally so it won't be a surprise if he fails)

Sorry for the delay, I don't have much free time lately and it took more time than I thought. Feel free to edit however you need @Shenrai

Last edited by Kirashi,
Reactions: wluigi

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kirashi Let me know what you think. Some of these were difficult.

#17101F
あ、皆さん……!聞きました、クロスベル市の解放作戦が無事に成功したってこと……
Everyone, I heard the news! The Liberation of Crossbell managed to succeed.

#17103Fそれから皆さんが今回の事件を本当の意味で解決するために──
Well then, if you guys want to solve this case once and for all...

#17101Fあの“大樹”に乗り込んでキーアちゃんを取り戻そうとしていることも。
You must climb that huge tree and bring KeA back to us.

#00003Fそうか……
Understood.

#00306F察するにソーニャ司令やミレイユあたりからみたいだな。
Is it safe to assume that this message is coming from Commander Sonya and Lieutenant Mireille?

#00200Fしかし貴女もキーアのことを知っていたんですね?
By the way, you also know KeA somehow?

#17100Fはい、前に弟と妹を日曜学校に迎えに行った時に仲良くなったんです。
Yes, we often got to know each other quite well whenever I picked up my siblings from Sunday School.

#17103Fそれが独立国が出来て、“御子”なんて訳の分からないものに祭り上げられて……
Get KeA back and we can create an independent Crossbell, one that doesn't force its people to worship a little girl.

#17101F──詳しい事情は分かりませんけどきっと先輩たちを待ってると思います。
I am not totally sure on what is going on right now, but what I can say is that KeA is definitely waiting for you guys right now.

#17102Fどうかちゃんと取り戻して、ギュッと抱きしめてあげてください!
Please bring her back safely, and give her a hug for me when you do.

#10404Fフフ……
Will do.

#10104Fうん……そうだね。
Of course.

#10704F(これも支援課ならではの縁……)
(These bonds are what makes the Special Support Section what it is today.)

#00604F(ふむ…… 中々見込みがありそうだな。)
(It looks like there is still some hope to be found).

#00109F……ありがとう、ユウナさん。本当に勇気づけられるわ。
Thank you for cheering us up, Juna.

#00013F俺たちは俺たちの役目を果たす。──君もどうか頑張ってくれ!
We will be sure to live up to your expectations. Please be sure to do your best on your end, too.

#17101F
はい、今のあたしが出来ることを尽くします!
Yes, I will give it 110%!

#17100F実はこの後、実地研修の名目で市内に出て警察業務のお手伝いをする予定なんです。
I'll try to do everything in my power to help you guys on my side. If anyone asks I'll just tell them I'm doing some fieldwork.

#17101F今のあたしが出来ることを尽くします──先輩たちもどうか頑張ってください!
If that doesn't work, well... I'll think of something. Good luck everyone!

#17109Fあ……皆さん。どうもお疲れさまです。
Ah, good job everyone.

#00005Fユウナ……君こそ疲れた顔をしているな。
You look a bit tired yourself, Juna.

#00008Fそういえばご家族の無事を確認しに市内に一度戻ったんだったか。
Did you happen to have a moment to check on your family back in the city?

#17109Fはい、家族全員無事だったのは安心しましたけど……
Yes, thankfully they were all safe and unharmed but...

#17110F……市内の被害が聞いていた以上で警察署とかアルカンシェルもメチャクチャにされてて……
It looks like the city suffered some heavy damage. From what I heard even the Police Station and the Arc en Ciel got caught in the mess.

#17110Fこれからクロスベルは…………どうなっちゃうんでしょう?
I can't help but think about Crossbell's future.

#00105Fユウナさん……
Juna...

#10108F…………………………
I may not know the future but...

#00003F……今が踏ん張り所だろう。前を向いてやっていくしかないさ。
Now is the time to look forward and think of what we can do for Crossbell right now.

#00001F俺たちにしても、他のみんなにしても。
No matter what differences we may have all had, we stand together as a Crossbell united.

#17103F! ……そうですよね。
You're absolutely right.

#17100Fこういう時こそいつも通りに──訓練や学業を頑張っていかないと!
Its times like these that we have to continue living as we always have and do the best we can. I'll focus more on my studies as well as my training.

#17100F皆さんも特務活動、どうか頑張ってください!
Please be careful in your mission, everyone!

#17101Fあたしもいずれ力になれるよう、これまで以上に精進しますから!
I'll give it my all so I can be someone you all can lean on.

#17106F
わわっ、遅刻だ~!
Ahhhh, I'm late!

#17106F今日は朝から訓練なのに……教官に大目玉を食らっちゃうよ~!
I've even been training all day... My instructor is going to KILL me.

#00205F(あ、この人がロイドさんの ご近所さんだった新入生の方ですね。)
Ah, This girl is Lloyd's new neighbor, right?

#00000F(ああ、ひょっとしたら俺たちの 将来の後輩になるかもしれない。)
She might become part of the SSS one day.

#00012F(……しかし入学したばかりだと 心身共にキツくて どうしてもやらかすんだよなぁ。)
Well, she just enrolled so he's probably unaware of how difficult the training is, both mentally and physically. It'll be interesting to see how far she goes.

#10112F(ええ、あたしも散々怒られました。)
I should know. I was chewed out by my instructors plenty of times.

Last edited by Shenrai,
Reactions: wluigi

Kirashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are a lot of liberal translation, some of them can be a problem because of the lack of context, for example the first one where one person said they heard the new about the success of the op, I was thinking at first that they adressed to the team in question (and congrat them). The sentence that doesn't flow well I thought the same thing (the flow was indeed weird) the only conclusion I could think was that saving Kia was important to save their country and make them independant, maybe because of some hidden power behind Kia or the Tree. In short this sentence was more something like "we can do it, we can do this and thus we won't be asked to whorship like a miko". So in short, for me it's "yes I know Kia, she is important for Crossbell, so make sure to save her and hug her". In this case that can make sense but I am against liberal translation for this one as well since we lack too much context to afford it. For the sentence "しかし貴女もキーアのことを知っていたんですね?" しかし sounds more like "that said/by the way, but it would be nice to know what exactly is said before so that we can tell if the sentence sounds weird or not. For the sentence 今のあたしが出来ることを尽くします──先輩たちもどうか頑張ってください!that was pretty liberal but I think it doesn't sound that bad, was it someone important talking?
About this sentence: Please bring her back safely, and make sure he knows she is loved! She knows she is loved.
ああ、ひょっとしたら俺たちの 将来の後輩になるかもしれない。後輩 is kouhai not senpai
Your last line didn't exist in what you asked me to translate in the previous and I have to admit I didn't check lol. Overall everything else is fine but the liberal translation is really risky when we don't know the context and thus make me worried, we aren't really sure when the sentences follows up or not. It would be nice to see the scene happening in game to make something perfect

Last edited by Kirashi,

Shenrai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll change some stuff. It would really help if I could see the actual gameplay but that's something impossible right now. @Kirashi

あ、皆さん……!聞きました、クロスベル市の解放作戦が無事に成功したってこと……
Fixed.

今のあたしが出来ることを尽くします──先輩たちもどうか頑張ってください
I believe this is Juna talking. She is an important character but only in future games. (These new lines of text are to actually introduce her to this game so the games fit well)

それが独立国が出来て、“御子”なんて訳の分からないものに祭り上げられて……
I wish I could see what line came before this. I looked it up and found that 御子 refers to KeA (the one they are saving and who is worshipped). I assume they are talking about saving her previously so...

Maybe this "Save KeA and we can create an independent Crossbell, one that doesn't force its people to worship a little girl"

しかし貴女もキーアのことを知っていたんですね?
Fixed

ああ、ひょっとしたら俺たちの 将来の後輩になるかもしれない。
I fixed it but I am not sure if this one fits, either. Stuff like Kouhai and Senpai are difficult to translate into English. I think it's fine but I might change my mind depending on what you think. I guess we can do junior but it sounds weird to me.

About this sentence: Please bring her back safely, and make sure he knows she is loved! She knows she is loved.
Fixed

When the Patch is out and we can see the text actually in game it would be easy to fix if anything looks weird. Let me know what else you have in mind.

Last edited by Shenrai,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SFpbRlIfowM&pp=ygUnQW5kIG5vIExpdHRsZSB0aW1teSBnbHVlZCB0byBoaXMgY3Jp...