Homebrew The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (Nintendo Switch port)

zerofalcon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
IMG_20221009_184732.jpg

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Switch port of The Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past with enhancements (widescreen 16:9, 16:10, 18:9 and 4:3), bugfixes, features like MSU-1, redux and gameplay QoL.

Unfortunately, I cant provide the zelda3_assets.dat (rules are rules) needed alongside to launch the game. I'm just sharing the compiled nro. The wiki on github source explain perfectly how to extract and compile the resources using a dumped or d*******ed zelda3.sfc ROM:

https://github.com/snesrev/zelda3/wiki

Only steps 1 (getting python and its dependencies) and 2 are needed in order to get the assets.dat, if planning to build the nro, try the full guide.

Once done, just copy the zelda3_assets.dat file into switch/zelda3/ directory.
Extract the attached file and copy the folder "zelda3" into switch folder, just run through HBL. To change some settings open the zelda3.ini with Vgedit on Switch or using a text editor on any other OS.
Source: https://github.com/snesrev/zelda3
Credits: snesrev, KiritoDv

Attachments

• zelda3.7z
    2.3 MB · Views: 169
Last edited by zerofalcon,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Installing Python and pip from the MS store was more of a pain in the ass than I wanted, but I got zelda3_assets.dat compiled. Thanks for this, I'll add the MSU files and play this as the definitive version of LttP. :yayswitch:

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Installing Python and pip from the MS store was more of a pain in the ass than I wanted, but I got zelda3_assets.dat compiled. Thanks for this, I'll add the MSU files and play this as the definitive version of LttP. :yayswitch:
Yeah, that's why I personally always use the independent ones.

I just follow the guide and compile the NRO using MSYS and was simple.

Will try to compile the Windows version using MSYS also, wish me luck.
Post automatically merged:

I just find what your "home" path get inside the NRO, so each compiled version is completely different, and the name of the user get inside the binary, bad thing.

1665371654212.png

Last edited by impeeza,
Reactions: godreborn

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, that's why I personally always use the independent ones.

I just follow the guide and compile the NRO using MSYS and was simple.

Will try to compile the Windows version using MSYS also, wish me luck.
Post automatically merged:

I just find what your "home" path get inside the NRO, so each compiled version is completely different, and the name of the user get inside the binary, bad thing.

View attachment 331183
I honestly don't know why people care about your user folder path being public... I see people blank them out, and it seems about as useful as those people that hide their PSP's MAC address. (Nobody can do anything with the information remotely.)

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I honestly don't know why people care about your user folder path being public... I see people blank them out, and it seems about as useful as those people that hide their PSP's MAC address. (Nobody can do anything with the information remotely.)
is more a concern about privacy more than security.

I do remember the time when MS Word documents save lots and lots of information about all users saving the file, by example, his MAC and public IP address...

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
is more a concern about privacy more than security.

I do remember the time when MS Word documents save lots and lots of information about all users saving the file, by example, his MAC and public IP address...
Public IP address could be problematic, but a folder on my C:\ drive is nothing to sweat about.
My user folder is simply C:\Users\Jayro

(Who could have guessed that? LOL)

Levine91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works for me.
Definitely some issues currently like the title screen/file select & interior of your home staying in 4:3.
Black covering parts of the overworld until you hit the screen scroll portion of it to (temporarily) unveil a chunk of the map. etc.

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
works great, thanks ! Hope to see support for other langages. :moogle:

BTW, is 16:9 rendering supposed to make some kind of "moving black screen" (when you walk near an adjacent area) ? I know this game is cut in areas, but it feels really strange. 16:9 isn't supposed to load adjacent area instead of making a black screen ?

Last edited by Badablek,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was reading the documentation, but can not figure how exit the switch version to HBL.

built it for the switch, but I can't test. I also forgot to extract the assets first. I also built it for windows, which took almost no time:

View attachment 331269
the assets files is the same for Windows, linux, Mac and Switch :D

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Cool, for what I inferred on the building documentation, on MSYS windows Compilation generate the assets file, the Switch compilation require you run the commands beside the compilation. but anyway are separated process.

the assets extraction is a Python script.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, for what I inferred on the building documentation, on MSYS windows Compilation generate the assets file, the Switch compilation require you run the commands beside the compilation. but anyway are separated process.

the assets extraction is a Python script.
Yeah, I compiled everything for the switch version with msys. I compiled the windows version with visual studio 2022.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...