Gaming The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Walthrough/FAQ Thread

In your experience, do you think Skyward Sword is harder than other 3D Zeldas?

• Yes, it's too hard for me!

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Yeah, but I can handle it!

Votes: 117 55.2%
  • Not really, I think it's about the same.

Votes: 67 31.6%
  • I think it's a little too easy...

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • This is for babies! It's way too easy!

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Completed this game last night... I must say, it was a bit on the easy side... I think I had to stop and think like 3 times during the entire game :/

sigmund58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i fellas im in Lanrayu desert ive found the 3 generators but have no idea what to do next any help would be appreciated ive been running around for 2 hours cheers.

So you turned on the 3 generators (it should have put the symbols onto the hands of the main generator. You need to turn the main generator into a certain configuration to proceed. I don't remember what order it is, however if you take a look at your map, and the face of the generator, it will give you a huge hint. I hope this is what you are asking about, i might be confusing your situation!

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
You know, Im just gonna throw in a general hint here.
TALK TO FI! She basicly holds your hand throughout the entire game.

sigmund58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Completed this game last night... I must say, it was a bit on the easy side... I think I had to stop and think like 3 times during the entire game :/

I thought it was on par with some of the other zelda games for difficulty. I was only stuck a few times but i still managed to complete the game in less then 30 hours. However i will say that this is the first zelda game that i haven't been able to check guides on. I tried a few times to come find info on the internet but nothing was available. So i completed the game with no outside help at all. The other zelda games, if i got stuck for a certain amount of time i would look it up.

Nizireth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You know, Im just gonna throw in a general hint here.
TALK TO FI! She basicly holds your hand throughout the entire game.

Gossip Stone next to the training hall. A walkthrough within the game. Sadly the one thing I can't figure out isn't there..

celcodioc

Major A$$hole
Trophies
XP
Country

I thought it was on par with some of the other zelda games for difficulty. I was only stuck a few times but i still managed to complete the game in less then 30 hours. However i will say that this is the first zelda game that i haven't been able to check guides on. I tried a few times to come find info on the internet but nothing was available. So i completed the game with no outside help at all. The other zelda games, if i got stuck for a certain amount of time i would look it up.

In my opinion the puzzles are very easy, but the combat is slightly harder than in the other 3D Zeldas. I'm only 13 hours into the game (at the third dungeon) though.

Oh, and also a question:
How many dungeons does this game have? (Too lazy to read each post in this thread. ;))

sigmund58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

In my opinion the puzzles are very easy, but the combat is slightly harder than in the other 3D Zeldas. I'm only 13 hours into the game (at the third dungeon) though.

Oh, and also a question:
How many dungeons does this game have?

I answered this before somewhere, dont remember where. Anyways there are 3 areas that you visit multiple times. And the way this game seemed sort of gave me the impression that they wanted to consider the entire world 1 big dungeon instead of several. But yea, you go back multiple times to complete different areas inside of each area. Sorry i am tired, i hope this makes sense.

Void3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just need to confirm something for a friend so please answer this.
If you buy Motion+ and then play the game on an USB loader, does everything still work?

sigmund58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just need to confirm something for a friend so please answer this.
If you buy Motion+ and then play the game on an USB loader, does everything still work?

I pre ordered because i want to own it. But i played my game on usb loader GX with the updated cios's. Everything for me worked 100%.

sigmund58

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Sigmund how do you turn on the generators? lol

Forward jab your sword into the hole on the front of the generator, and then rotate your sword to the left or right (cant remember) and then press A to push the sword in to turn the generator on.

el cut

Trophies
Website
hobbieszombies.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
In Lanyaru Mining Facility, after you get the Gust Bellow, and use the gust bellow to remove the sand on a block in the first room, place the block on the switch and go through the now unlocked door.

In that room, I hit the stone under the sand, i can´t reach the last plataform the Gust Bellow don´t reach it, pls help.

Sorry my english not native.

herbinator

Trophies
XP
Country
I seem to be having a problem here ive recalibrated the wiimote motion plus many times im trying to activate the generators but for the life of me my damn sword wont do a thrust forward.
Im stumped heeelllpp!!

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm stuck.... Again.

So I'm in that one temple-like place where the triforce is and I'm confused as hella s to how to set up the tiles. The only ones That work are to the right of the main room the forest one, to the north of that the timeshift one, but i can't get the corner piece in the corner above the timeshift one to make it work. A note though is that i can get into oNE of the triforce rooms, but I need a key. Any help would be awesome.

D

Deleted User

Im in the ancient cistern and it says I need to hit the switches of the door in a correct order, however it says First the Back, then the rear, then the back of the right hand, and finally the back of the left hand. What the hell does that mean, I dont understand what direction Rear is"

Netsi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about a minigame:
how the fuck do you get pass that harp game? I'm playing the same way as the guys wave their hands and she does sing along. but then there is a scene, where they wave their hands, I'm playing right but she doesn't sing anylonger and then, the game stops and they are not satisfied with me. is there some kind of trick there?

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
question about a minigame:
how the fuck do you get pass that harp game? I'm playing the same way as the guys wave their hands and she does sing along. but then there is a scene, where they wave their hands, I'm playing right but she doesn't sing anylonger and then, the game stops and they are not satisfied with me. is there some kind of trick there?
I just went with their hands. They told me it wasn't all that great, but it'll do. Then I got a reward :P

Im in the ancient cistern and it says I need to hit the switches of the door in a correct order, however it says First the Back, then the rear, then the back of the right hand, and finally the back of the left hand. What the hell does that mean, I dont understand what direction Rear is"
bottom top, right left. iF that doesnt work then try bottom top left right. If that doesnt work, try top bottom right left, then IF THAT DOESNT WORK, try top bottom left right.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know where you are exactly but there are two combinations I have written down, one of it may the the one you need :P
up down left right
down up down right

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, That's when Victor invented the Rusty Trombone!