Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
KamuiX said:
Sorry all but what the h#$l is that M3Sakura System with 2.1 Boot Menu Ver0.9 Beta. I saw it today in the first post. I press the link and the only think i saw was an installation guide. Some information please. What is it? What it does? Why use it? Why bother in the first place?
You didn't see the download links to the new firmware at the top of dsrules' post?

*EDIT*
Since I'll be getting an M3i Zero soon, I gave my US M3 Real to my cousin and he went back home last night (a 3-hour drive away). I can't test the new firmware and provide any info on it because it won't work on my Japanese M3 Real, so check here for info on it.

It has some new features, such as viewing the internal ROM name and displaying long cheats, but it's really buggy and can corrupt save files, so I wouldn't recommend it as a replacement for the current stable version of Sakura at this point. Definitely check it out though (back up all your saves). I've been told that the new firmware can't load GBA ROMs directly, but you can still do it through TouchPod and Sakura.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Densetsu3000 said:
KamuiX said:
Sorry all but what the h#$l is that M3Sakura System with 2.1 Boot Menu Ver0.9 Beta. I saw it today in the first post. I press the link and the only think i saw was an installation guide. Some information please. What is it? What it does? Why use it? Why bother in the first place?
You didn't see the download links to the new firmware at the top of dsrules' post?

*EDIT*
Since I'll be getting an M3i Zero soon, I gave my US M3 Real to my cousin and he went back home last night (a 3-hour drive away). I can't test the new firmware and provide any info on it because it won't work on my Japanese M3 Real, so check here for info on it.

It has some new features, such as viewing the internal ROM name and displaying long cheats, but it's really buggy and can corrupt save files, so I wouldn't recommend it as a replacement for the current stable version of Sakura at this point. Definitely check it out though (back up all your saves). I've been told that the new firmware can't load GBA ROMs directly, but you can still do it through TouchPod and Sakura.
One thing to add to the GBA rom support; as well as not working with GBA games, it does not work with GBA Explorer either, if you were hoping you could by pass it that way.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Densetsu3000 said:
KamuiX said:

*EDIT*

One thing to add to the GBA rom support; as well as not working with GBA games, it does not work with GBA Explorer either, if you were hoping you could by pass it that way.

I'm fairly certain gbaexploader doesn't work (along with other homebrew) because m3 team never added auto dldi to Kaura.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DeltaBurnt said:
Densetsu3000 said:
KamuiX said:

*EDIT*

I'm fairly certain gbaexploader doesn't work (along with other homebrew) because m3 team never added auto dldi to Kaura.
Well some homebrews work on it, but all I know that works out of mine is jEnesis and Lameboy.

Edit: Hey that was my 1000th post
toot.gif

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DeltaBurnt said:
Well some homebrews work on it, but all I know that works out of mine is jEnesis and Lameboy.

Edit: Hey that was my 1000th post
toot.gif

Probably because those don't require dldi :\ (just a guess though)
Maybe that's it, who knows. I'm not really complaining too much since those are like the only two I ever really used. The others were just like DSOrganizer or homebrews like that.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Remember this is the M3 Sakura FAQ maintained by Densetsu3000.
All AGLCB is doing here is cluttering this thread up with banter about the new firmware release. Please take it to that specific thread created today, should you need to carry on
lecture.gif

Note: yes, I know I've added to it, but hopefully I have also put an end to it!

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dark^'^Knight said:
Remember this is the M3 Sakura FAQ maintained by Densetsu3000.
All AGLCB is doing here is cluttering this thread up with banter about the new firmware release. Please take it to that specific thread created today, should you need to carry on
lecture.gif

Note: yes, I know I've added to it, but hopefully I have also put an end to it!
Well then with that suggestion
All M3 Kaura related topics, go here ^-^

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Densetsu3000 said:
nagareboshi said:
this time, please please upload .rar?
bow.gif
Whenever I switch to .rar format, I get dozens of PMs asking me to switch back to .7z. The .rar file is nearly 20MB, almost double the size of the .7z format. Someone already uploaded a .zip version here. Will that work? I'd hate to clutter FileTrip with a 3rd version of the same exact file.

Oh, that's great! I didn't notice that
smile.gif
thanks!

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nagareboshi said:
Densetsu3000 said:
nagareboshi said:
bow.gif
Whenever I switch to .rar format, I get dozens of PMs asking me to switch back to .7z. The .rar file is nearly 20MB, almost double the size of the .7z format. Someone already uploaded a .zip version here. Will that work? I'd hate to clutter FileTrip with a 3rd version of the same exact file.

smile.gif
thanks!

One has to wonder...why would people prefer .rar over .7z? Winrar extracts both, right?

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DeltaBurnt said:
nagareboshi said:
Densetsu3000 said:
nagareboshi said:
bow.gif

smile.gif
thanks!

One has to wonder...why would people prefer .rar over .7z? Winrar extracts both, right?

the problem I had with .7z was that I repeatedly got an .exe file after extracting it. so it was just extracting an .exe file which got me an .7z file and that again got me an .exe file. very weird.

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nagareboshi said:
the problem I had with .7z was that I repeatedly got an .exe file after extracting it. so it was just extracting an .exe file which got me an .7z file and that again got me an .exe file. very weird.

Did you try 7-Zip to extract the .7z archive?

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
powered_by_tux said:
nagareboshi said:

I'm on a mac
wink.gif
I usually use stuffit expander. but I've also tried other apps, they didn't work either.

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
nagareboshi said:
I'm on a mac
wink.gif
I usually use stuffit expander. but I've also tried other apps, they didn't work either.

On the same site, there is a link to p7zip, a 7-Zip derivate for POSIX plattforms, including Mac. Have you tried that?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nagareboshi said:
powered_by_tux said:
nagareboshi said:

I'm on a mac
wink.gif
Have you tried http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/19139 ??

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CannonFoddr said:
nagareboshi said:
powered_by_tux said:
nagareboshi said:

I'm on a mac
wink.gif

thanks but still no success.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nagareboshi said:
CannonFoddr said:
nagareboshi said:
powered_by_tux said:
nagareboshi said:
I'm on a mac
wink.gif
thanks but still no success.
Just a suggestion
Any chance you can list the ones you've tried ?? - It'll perhaps prevent anyone repeating what you've already tried & also perhaps some1 can come up with another alternative that you haven't

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing good, just made my first drink of the day, so better now, Captain and Coke today. I had to cut grass all day, then get my hair cut. I messed with my wifey, she knew I was going to get hair cut, and I went and bought a purple dyed wig, and came home wearing it, she freaked out, thinking I dyed my hair purple, was funny.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Hey BigOnYa
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey hope all is well
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And you too :)
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa how are you doing
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    any mushroom trip adventures you can share
  • JakobAir @ JakobAir:
    Damn, I haven't been on here in while. My wife and I went on a mushroom trip like 10 years ago. A friend had a PS3TV with the glasses and some racing game. It hit when I was playing the game and I freaked out because I thought I was really driving and crashed.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Orange ocean Hawaiian punch is pretty good but @BigOnYa keeps putting vodka in it
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    With enough Vodka everything is good
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    We are having a bbq
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Nice! Hopefully the weather is good today?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sicklyboy, it's a bit cloudy but Yea it's good
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    80 for us all that rain then mother nature's like have some sun burn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, good weather, good food, what's not to like about that? Hope you have a lovely day dude
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got some porkchops marinating in honey teriyaki hope it comes out good
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Porkchop was the name of that dog in that one cartoon, DOUG! :P
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, never watched doug
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might play Roblox again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh jump back to gdevelop
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: