OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If anyone can post a link to an app that actually works for Mac, I'll replace the keka link I already have up on the first post. I don't have a Mac so I can't test anything myself, and keka was suggested to me by a few people via PM. I don't know whether they've actually tested it themselves.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Densetsu3000 said:
If anyone can post a link to an app that actually works for Mac, I'll replace the keka link I already have up on the first post. I don't have a Mac so I can't test anything myself, and keka was suggested to me by a few people via PM. I don't know whether they've actually tested it themselves.
Well I honestly don't own a Mac ,but I have installed it on my PC before and I used a program called Wine to run windows applications
right here it shows you how to install Wine on Mac if anyone wants to give that a try.
I don't have MacOS X on my PC anymore, but I do run Linux and using Wine I was able to extract the system file from here just fine.
If you want to give that a try.
Edit: Wine seems to have changed a lot since when I used it on Mac, so don't too much faith on my word.
As well it might not work on all Macs.
But I did find this program if anyone wants to give it a try
http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

Before anyone flames my post, I know I am not the best of help, but I am trying from what I can find.

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
CannonFoddr said:
Just a suggestion
Any chance you can list the ones you've tried ?? - It'll perhaps prevent anyone repeating what you've already tried & also perhaps some1 can come up with another alternative that you haven't

I've tried Stuffit Expander and Ez7z. Both of them just "converted" the .7z file back to .exe.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Touchpad has updated today ^^
I just noticed this, kinda offtopic though. You've been saying it wrong for months. It's actually Touchpod, not Touchpad.
tongue.gif

Lathlas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
nagareboshi said:
this time, please please upload .rar?
bow.gif
Whenever I switch to .rar format, I get dozens of PMs asking me to switch back to .7z. The .rar file is nearly 20MB, almost double the size of the .7z format. Someone already uploaded a .zip version here. Will that work? I'd hate to clutter FileTrip with a 3rd version of the same exact file.

But you're NOT uploading a .7z file, you're uploading a self-extracting .exe created by 7zip. Just a .7z file would have the same compression and wouldn't have the problems Mac users have had.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Skyline969 said:
I just noticed this, kinda offtopic though. You've been saying it wrong for months. It's actually Touchpod, not Touchpad.
tongue.gif
Oh

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Lathlas said:
Densetsu3000 said:
nagareboshi said:
this time, please please upload .rar?
bow.gif
Whenever I switch to .rar format, I get dozens of PMs asking me to switch back to .7z. The .rar file is nearly 20MB, almost double the size of the .7z format. Someone already uploaded a .zip version here. Will that work? I'd hate to clutter FileTrip with a 3rd version of the same exact file.
But you're NOT uploading a .7z file, you're uploading a self-extracting .exe created by 7zip. Just a .7z file would have the same compression and wouldn't have the problems Mac users have had.
You're right. But the thing is, no matter what format I upload, someone will always PM me and suggest that I upload a different format.

I upload .RAR and someone will say that .7Z is better because it's smaller.

I upload .7Z and someone always says that a self-extracting .EXE would be more convenient.

I upload .EXE and someone can't open it because it's incompatible with their OS.

I've changed the format several times only to come full-circle. So I'm going to create a poll at the top of this thread and leave it up for a while. Whichever format gets the most votes, will be the format that we stick with from now on. I think it's only fair.

*EDIT*
Some Mac users have had problems with the .7Z format. I'm not sure if they just lacked the Mac-savvy to open it or if it's really an issue with the OS, but I hope this poll will settle the format debate once and for all.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
tongue.gif
Hmmm, yep! Let me first say we are very fortunate to have this sticky and, even more so that it is updated & monitored by the very competent Densetsu3000.
We are, however, extremely unfortunate to have this thread littered with the crap little posts made by Cat Boy...he/she makes a lot of glaringly obvious mistakes when referring to products/softwares and continues to offer answers to questions that he/she has no knowledge of whether the information is correct/suitable to fulfill the request. I wouldn't mind so much if he/she updated his/her own sticky, but no....he/she's gotta put its stinging little footprints everywhere
mad.gif

The Executor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i downloaded the latest sakura. when i tried booting into sakura it froze. i then held a and chose sakura. yay! it didn't freeze... i keep all my ds games in one single NDS folder, which was the folder that opened when i turned on sakura. i then tried to leave the NDS folder, it then froze. how do i solve this?

amaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Dark^'^Knight said:
Skyline969 said:
tongue.gif
Hmmm, yep! Let me first say we are very fortunate to have this sticky and, even more so that it is updated & monitored by the very competent Densetsu3000.
We are, however, extremely unfortunate to have this thread littered with the crap little posts made by Cat Boy...he/she makes a lot of glaringly obvious mistakes when referring to products/softwares and continues to offer answers to questions that he/she has no knowledge of whether the information is correct/suitable to fulfill the request. I wouldn't mind so much if he/she updated his/her own sticky, but no....he/she's gotta put its stinging little footprints everywhere
mad.gif

You are right. But what we can do? the cronyism exist today and will always exist!
unsure.gif

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dark^'^Knight said:
Skyline969 said:
tongue.gif
mad.gif
I think everyone gets it by now, you hate me. Now do we have to continue this constant battle where every mistake I make you are there to point it out then make sure everyone on GBAtemp knows that I am the soul destroyer of GBAtemp?
Must every post from you about me just be there to prove I am doing nothing, but destroying everything that holds GBAtemp together?
Also I am a boy, my name is Nolan, I am 18 years old. Now normally I just try now to avoid replying to your post since I know your just going to use them against me, but this time I really just want to say something, can we please just get a long? Not as friends or anything, but just simply agree to stop this constant attack on each? I think it's clear that neither of us are going to leave. I will on the other hand stop posting on anything I am not sure of, since even I noticed that it's not always the best.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dark^'^Knight said:
Skyline969 said:
tongue.gif
mad.gif
I think everyone gets it by now, you hate me. Now do we have to continue this constant battle where every mistake I make you are there to point it out then make sure everyone on GBAtemp knows that I am the soul destroyer of GBAtemp?
Must every post from you about me just be there to prove I am doing nothing, but destroying everything that holds GBAtemp together?
Also I am a boy, my name is Nolan, I am 18 years old. Now normally I just try now to avoid replying to your post since I know your just going to use them against me, but this time I really just want to say something, can we please just get a long? Not as friends or anything, but just simply agree to stop this constant attack on each? I think it's clear that neither of us are going to leave. I will on the other hand stop posting on anything I am not sure of, since even I noticed that it's not always the best.

Anyone who gets mad at Cat Boy for such stupid things as being unsure about info should just stop posting. I mean, seriously guys? No one's perfect. I've made tons of mistakes when talking about products or being informative, and I'm not afraid to admit to it. Cat Boy has been taking initiative to atleast TRY and inform people, instead of just lurking. If you haven't noticed yet, GBAtemp is on a shortage of competent people. Gbatemp is mostly a support and news forum(s) at this point, meaning we get A LOT of people asking for help. Anyone who atleast attempts to help out is appreciated.

Amaro getting mad over the iSakuRAM thing is just plain stupid. Really. Oh WOW you figured out that you can get isakureal working with the latest sakura if you use the RAM expansion. It is a somewhat big find, but it's nothing to hate someone over if they just wrote a topic with all the information in one place and with readable English. When I wrote the Kaura and DSi FAQ I never gave thanks to EACH AND EVERY person who I learned info from. Please just get over it, I'm tired of seeing your "I hate Cat Boy, he stole my work" posts.

Also it's not entirely bad to post when you're unsure, I do it all the time. It' especially ok if you're having a debate, you just need to know how to BS your way through it. But if you're helping someone all you have to do is say "(not too sure on that though, I'd search the forums a little more first)".

Oh and let's please get back on topic, I'm sure Densetsu doesn't enjoy this argument in his topic.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
DeltaBurnt said:
Oh and let's please get back on topic, I'm sure Densetsu doesn't enjoy this argument in his topic.
Thank you, Delta
smile.gif

Dark^'^Knight, I appreciate the sentiment and your support for my efforts, but AGLCB is doing exactly the same thing I am. You don't have to like what he's doing, you're completely entitled to your own opinions and I can respect them. But the M3 Sakura FAQ is certainly not the place to be discussing your feelings towards him.

*ON TOPIC*
The poll looks like it's coming along pretty nicely. Surprisingly there are no votes for .EXE, even though I've had PM requests for them. I'll change the format to .7Z tonight. If anyone wants me to change the format again, I'll just point them right to the poll and say "the numbers don't lie!"

L10nH3ArT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own a M3 DS Real and I have been having a problem loading skn files as I believe I read them to be loaded. Also when I search I fail to find and good information on the problem, so I must be doing something wrong. I placed the skn files on the root of the card and nothing happens when I click on the skn in the browser, stylus or A button. As far as I understand I have the official Sakura 1.45 loaded however I'm new to the loader. If anyone can give me some help or guidance it would be appreciated.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The Executor said:
i downloaded the latest sakura. when i tried booting into sakura it froze. i then held a and chose sakura. yay! it didn't freeze... i keep all my ds games in one single NDS folder, which was the folder that opened when i turned on sakura. i then tried to leave the NDS folder, it then froze. how do i solve this?You might either have corrupt files or too many files in your folder. I had the same problem once when I had over 100 text files in one folder. If that's not what causing the freezing, then you should do what everyone else does: format the MicroSD card, then copy a new SYSTEM folder and your files back to the card.

QUOTE(L10nH3ArT @ Feb 6 2010, 12:02 AM) I own a M3 DS Real and I have been having a problem loading skn files as I believe I read them to be loaded. Also when I search I fail to find and good information on the problem, so I must be doing something wrong. I placed the skn files on the root of the card and nothing happens when I click on the skn in the browser, stylus or A button. As far as I understand I have the official Sakura 1.45 loaded however I'm new to the loader. If anyone can give me some help or guidance it would be appreciated.
After extracting the .skn, it can be placed anywhere on the card you want. I put my .skn files in a folder called "Skins" on the root. All you need to do to apply the skin is slide it to the left or right in the browser, or highlight it and press A.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With apologies Densetsu3000 (this thread is the sole reason I visit the M3 Adapter Section - for my daily fix), but one last comment and I'll piss off from here.
DeltaBurnt said:
Anyone who gets mad at Cat Boy for such stupid things as being unsure about info should just stop posting.....So, I/we should all sit back and take 'advice' from people who are merely guessing what the solution would be? Yeah, that's a great help....to effin' nobody!

Cat Boy has been taking initiative to atleast TRY and inform people, instead of just lurking. If you haven't noticed yet, GBAtemp is on a shortage of competent people. Do you want to hazard a guess why they have "disappeared"? This forum was far better 1-2 yrs ago than it is today. Those people, I think you would be referring to, were very knowledgeable, patient & extremely helpful. I lurked here for a heck of a long time before I joined and, I have received and given invaluable advice ever since that time. Needless to say, I haven't racked up almost 1,100 sensational posts in around 4 months like CB - yep that's right, do the math!

Amaro - Please just get over it, I'm tired of seeing your "I hate Cat Boy, he stole my work" posts. I think Amaro had a valid point. I would have been pissed.

Also it's not entirely bad to post when you're unsure Sorry, but that's total bullshit! Besides cluttering up a thread / potentially wasting the Op's time & efforts / attracting flame posts / creating contradictory posts = which one does the OP believe?

Oh and let's please get back on topic, I'm sure Densetsu doesn't enjoy this argument in his topic. Sorry again Densetsu. Won't happen again
unsure.gif

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Elfeckin said:
the download link won't work for me :-/
FileTrip was down for a while. I found that out when I went to try to replace the .EXE file with a .7Z version, and I couldn't access the site either. It looks like the download link is fine again, so I'm going to upload the .7Z archive right now
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: