kjean

Trophies
Website
homeless
XP
Country
Nice work, War.
grog.gif

btw, adding rom release number would be nice. you know what i mean.
wink.gif

immortal846

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Great suggestions guys. I'll start alphabetizing ASAP. I will also make a table of contents and link to Rod's original thread.

About the screenshots for each game, can someone help me out with them? Videos would be cool too.

New format has been added. Also, I have a real treat for you guys...

Noitora's patch for XENOSAGA I&II DS WILL BE ADDED MOMENTARILY. This will be the first time the patch has been released in Gbatemp.

EDIT: Two rare Noitora patches have been added. (Xenosaga and SRW)

Do you kno how to get the patch to work?

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
immortal846 said:
The patching application has a graphical user interface. How could you not know how to use it? x,x
Greetings, earthling. If you can see this message, you shall henceforth be known as "Highlighty the Message Highlighter".
(The patch file is probably the ".ups" file. The file you want to apply it to is [surprise?] the rom.)

immortal846

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mac2492 said:
immortal846 said:
The patching application has a graphical user interface. How could you not know how to use it? x,x

(The patch file is probably the ".ups" file. The file you want to apply it to is [surprise?] the rom.)

but it isnt translated when i play the rom. or it isnt translated till a certain point?

choji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
immortal846 said:
Mac2492 said:
immortal846 said:

but it isnt translated when i play the rom. or it isnt translated till a certain point?

I don't know what you're expecting but it is not a full translation. It says right next to progress that "Menus, items, names, and attacks" are translated so that means no dialogue or story is translated.

macherie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just wanted to say thankyou and great work for making this new index
biggrin.gif

it's great !
cheers

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
You're welcome, everyone!

Noitora, I will be adding that shortly. Also, I'll be adding the ROM number sometime today... hopefully I can get it done at school.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
BlueFlame90 said:
Great list! But i wonder who is the author of Doki Doki?
Anyway great work!
Well, the topic is just kind of a mess... no one really says if they're translating or not, and nothing has been announced...so until then, the author and progress are both unknown.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Ah, I see... so it was released before in GBAtemp.

Anyway, I made it easier to access, and yes, it is completed. Noitora told me that he's not working on it anymore. (In fact, he's taking abreak from translating all together)

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is one of KaioShin/Kingcom = Noitora then? (not sure which or if both were working on it when that blog came up.) I can never keep track of which schizos are allowed on the 'net these days. Ah, there we go, just meant to point out the difference between here and here - though I'm still not entirely sure there is an actual difference.

AKA: as I said, I for one am hoping it's not an 100% abandoned/concluded project (aka: that they aren't the same person) - also not entirely sure you want to document projects that aren't actually being worked on here.

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see a seperate section for "completed" projects. I got all happy with what I saw in the same category as Puyo Puyo 15th, and was disappointed immediately after.

I don't want to dig through each spoiler section =P

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hm... I suppose I could do that, but I believe the only project that is 100% complete is Puyo Puyo... and Soma Bringer, whenever that get's 100%'d.

@cory: Oh, I'm so sorry D: I've been retarded these past couple of days because of lack of sleep...anyway, you're absolutely right. That's a totally different project. However, I'm not sure if the guy is still working on it.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
War said:
Hm... I suppose I could do that, but I believe the only project that is 100% complete is Puyo Puyo... and Soma Bringer, whenever that get's 100%'d.
Actually, Puyo Puyo doesn't have Download Play translated. This means that, technically, the translation is not 100%. For all practical purposes, however, it is 100% translated. I don't see any reason to nitpick and say that it isn't 100% complete unless you're just being a nitpicky jerk...

...oh, wait. ^,^;;

If you want to implement his (my?) suggestion, you could just change the names of Puyo Puyo, Soma Bringer, and Jump Ultimate Stars to green, then note that these are "Full Translations" somewhere near the top of your post. I know that you don't want to show favoritism, but you shouldn't go too far the other way either. The people who worked on these projects spent countless hours translating all the menus, dialogue, koma descriptions (*shudder*), and whatever else there was to be translated (even cinematics, in Soma Bringer's case). Besides, the green names would simply indicate completion. If any of those menu hacks or partial translations turned into full translations, they would get green names too. It's as simple as that. =P

EDIT: Hmm... Metal Slug 7 might fall under the category by mere technicality. If it really does have over 90% of the text translated, it should have a green name. (Assuming you go with that idea.)

P.S. ^,^ (Didn't want to PM three characters to you, so I figured I'd post my reply in my next post here.)
P.P.S. I love your new signature and avatar.
P.P.P.S. I find it amusing how my previous post so closely predicted Heran Bago's woes. (Except he saw "complete" and assumed "complete", while I predicted that people would see "incomplete" and assume "incomplete".)
P.P.P.P.S. Sorry, I was trying to make a little tree with the postscripts.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Hmm...well, ok, NOW I see your point. I'll be changing the color for those games shortly.

Edit: Okay dokey, it's done. I made the names orange because I hate green (yeah, sue me). I was pondering wether to also put projects that have all menus translated, but I decided to keep it to those that have all/most menus AND all/most script, so Heran Bago doesn't have to waste his time. -__- Kidding...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH