The new Temp. What do you think?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This poll should have been made a week after it comes out. Of course people will hate change and not be able to know the full futures in the first day. It took me like a day to adjust but I am noticing all of the new features and it's pretty epic.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am still getting used to it. Although it took me like half an hour just to figure out how to post a youtube video >.< Once I get used to it, I think I will love the new look.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Generally I like it, BUT...
It's more simplistic now that the lines are removed from title bars and such. Those were a big part of the design because they made it stand out more and not look as simplistic. For example the white title bars look really white now, there's hardly any variation to them at all and it's a bit boring when they have no texture. Also the orange lines on the top right look too plain now without proper shading. I guess the site has just been redesigned to be more glossy, but there's not really enough contrast in the glossiness, it's hardly visible, and glossiness doesn't really suit GBAtemp since it's mostly a retro forum and glossiness is something new that everyone started doing since Vista...
If the lines were added back it would be pretty much perfect, those were a big part of the design in my opinion. Some parts of the design still have them, yet other parts look really plain after they were removed.
I also like the new features that were added with the new IPB and that everything is more smooth, the quick editor has more features and that the links on the top fade when you highlight them.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love the new temp... but there is only one thing that annoys me
the new login box doesn’t allow firefox to write my stored username and password. I’ve to write it every time I want to login… it sucks.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
the new login box doesn’t allow firefox to write my stored username and password. I’ve to write it every time I want to login… it sucks.
Now that you mention it, I have the same problem here, using Firefox 7.0.1

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seriously? I'm not having that trouble. :unsure:
weird... what version of firefox are you using
Im on 7.0.1

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well at first it was the brightness that bothered me but with the dark theme thats fixed,so the only thing that really annoys me is the floating bar with your name on it,i'd prefer it to stay in one spot and not float over every page...

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new colors and layout looks good. The only issue I have is that I click on the "View new content" link on the top. This returns a page of thread with new posts in it. The problem is that the thread subject is in a small box. You also have the options box taking up a lot of room on the left side. Lastly, the name of the sub-forum also takes up more room (perhaps it should be smaller with word wrap)? Bottom line, I would like to see the options box take up less room and more room given to the title of the thread column.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't mind the new look, or changes; but performance is terrible. Everything takes forever to load, and it takes about a minute for a comment to actually be posted. Hopefully you guys will be able to optimize the coding, or whatever controls speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LZ_NvaV5HGE?si=p4H94YGObqOeX23X this brought me joy +2